The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

Let's face it.

The matchup the NFL wants and the sports media wants is COLTS vs VIKINGS. Manning vs Favre. I can see all the pregame talking heads giving Peyton and Brett a verbal BJ right now...

That IMO would be a football orgy of Caligulan proportions...

It's already started. Just turn on ESPN (well, I guess you can't in Canada...). But I don't get it. IMO, any of the possible Superbowl match-ups look good for the media.

Vikings-Colts: As you said, it's all about the match-up between the two future Hall-of-Fame QBs.

Vikings-Jets: Brett vs. the team he played for last season. Also, a rookie QB & his rookie coach, that probably shouldn't have been in the playoffs to begin with. And of course, the Favre story.

Saints-Colts: Saints in the SB for the first time in their 40 year history vs. a team that's a perennial SB contender, with a QB who grew up in NO watching his dad play for the Saints. Manning vs. Brees (the 1st and 2nd place finishers for MVP this season, respectively). It's also a match-up of the #1 seeds and the two teams that almost went undefeated in the regular season.

Saints-Jets: The underdog teams. A team that's never won a Superbowl vs. the team that barely made the playoffs, with a rookie QB. There's also the Katrina aspect with the Saints.

Really, the only team left of the 4 that doesn't really have a great story if they win the Super Bowl is the Colts. It'll just be kinda been there, done that.

Archived