The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

I'm stoked he fell so far and to us.

I like most people wanted a D-Man, but when a talent like this drops so far, you have to snatch him.

Hes only 18, almost 19 i suppose but, I know plenty of guys who have grown 3+ inches from 19-21.

Some people grow late, I'm not promising you all he'll break 6 feet. But its doubtful 5'8" will be his final height.

Wooooooo Shredder!

I'm calling him Shredder and not the Wizard.

Who can we realisticly pickup tommorrow?

Elliot seems unlikely unless our luck Continues.

Tatar probably unrealistic as well?

Any prospect junkies got an idea who we could land 53rd?

I like most people wanted a D-Man, but when a talent like this drops so far, you have to snatch him.

Hes only 18, almost 19 i suppose but, I know plenty of guys who have grown 3+ inches from 19-21.

Some people grow late, I'm not promising you all he'll break 6 feet. But its doubtful 5'8" will be his final height.

Wooooooo Shredder!

I'm Looking at Roussel (unlikely), Brayden McNaab or Tyson Barrie.

I hope he grows to 5'10 at least. 5'8 is just a little too small for my liking. I wanted John Moore because we need D-men, but I'm not going to complain, especially since he was the best available.

Wooooooo Shredder!

I hope we trade up to draft Elliot, I doubt that will happen though. What's Doherty expected to go at, he's huge, 6'8? It would be easier to get him than Elliot so that if we do need to trade up we can do it without it costing us too much.

Ok Now In the 2nd Round Draft Tomas Tatar

I like Tatar and also Toni Rajala.

Great pick by Gillis (with a huge amount of luck). Schroeder may be small but he's THICK, and though he may only get to 5'9 he could easily be 190-200 lbs area by the time he cracks the Canucks. He's fast, strong, great skills... a little small but he's dynamic. It really was the obvious pick at 22 with him still on the board.

The depth down the middle and overall with the forward group is starting to get amazing. Now we just need some defensive depth and we could be heading into Red Wing territory. And this is without free-agent signings for next season.

Center:

H.Sedin

Kesler

Wellwood

Hodgson

Schroeder

White

RW:

Bernier

Burrows

Shirokov

Grabner

Rypien

LW:

D.Sedin

Demitra

Hansen

Raymond

Hordichuk

I'm not too worried about him supposedly being shorter than what most fans hoped. There's a difference between someone being 5'8 and being only 170lbs at their prime vs 5'8 and bordering 195-200lbs. Weight is more important than height.

Once he starts putting on the muscle, it just means it'll be hard to check him off the puck.

I'm not too worried about him supposedly being shorter than what most fans hoped. There's a difference between someone being 5'8 and being only 170lbs at their prime vs 5'8 and bordering 195-200lbs. Weight is more important than height.

Once he starts putting on the muscle, it just means it'll be hard to check him off the puck.

exactly, he is 5'8 178lbs, that's pretty muscular.

Look at Parise, he's 5'11 and no bigger then 180 - 185lbs, his size isn't holding him back.

I know it's risky but maybe skip out on D again and go for another forward. We still have a couple anchors in Bieksa and Edler along with the possibility of Sauve being a Top-3 guy and Ellington being a solid 5/6.

BPA

Archived