The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hockey Pool Question and Advice Thread (Your thread missing? Likely merged here)

b3.

You know who else you should get?

KEVIN SHATTENKIRK!

Seriously pick him up if you havent already

Cant miss a PPG dman like that

Yeah, I picked him up in a few pools thankfully.

Also of note, Pierre-Marc Bouchard returns to the ice tonight. In the one pool I desperately needed someone like him he was already grabbed (I think actually in the entry draft). Might be worth it to take a risk on him...he's better than the Brules and Coglianos of the world.

Create a Player is a game run by CF94 (me) on NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007, where CDC members like yourselves can create your own player who works his way up from the junior ranks all the way to the pro leagues. Players will be automatically given a birth year of 1992, meaning that players will start out as 13/14 year olds. This is similar to Be a Pro on the EA NHL series, but more in-depth, although you don't have the ability to play as your player. No involvement is required after you post your player's stats, but replying to keep the topic alive and near the top of the board is much appreciated.

Players will start with a current ability of 50 and potential of -15. The current ability is the approximate average of a player's attributes, and the potential is (obviously) what the player could become. -15 is a random potential, meaning that your player could end up with a current ability anywhere from 110 to 190. 110 is a player who would only find NHL action through a call-up, and spends most of their time in the lower leagues. 190 is a superstar at the level of a Crosby, Ovechkin, etc. For an in-depth explanation of the attributes and potential, go here.

To create your player, you'll need to fill out a spreadsheet with a player template on it, and post your results in this thread. The amount of points you have to spend on your attributes depends on the role you choose for your player. If you choose to be an offensive player, you'll be given more points to spend on your offensive attributes, as is the same with defensive players and defensive attributes. The spreadsheet calculates the amount of points you've spent as well as how many you have left to spend, so creating a player takes very little work on your part. Please take note that the minimum amount of points that you're allowed to spend on an attribute is 1, not 0.

Spreadsheet Download (Credits to Calv from ehmtheblueline.com for creating the spreadsheet)

If you don't have Microsoft Excel or an alternative program, I've uploaded a copy of the spreadsheet here. My two requests if you choose to use this is that you remove your information after you've posted your player in the thread, and that you wait your turn if someone else is using the spreadsheet.

If you would like to change teams at any point in your pro career, you may request a move by posting in this thread. Unlike past games, I will only trade you to a team that is interested in you instead of moving you wherever you want. Once you request a move, I will post a list of the teams that have interest in you, and you can choose from there where you want to go. To prevent having too many trades, you'll be limited to three trade requests in your career.

Other Notes:

• Injury proneness is the opposite of the other attributes. 20 means very injury prone, while 1 means rarely injured. This also means that a 1 would take 19 attribute points, and a 19 would take 1 attribute point, and so on.
  • Do not confuse junior club with major junior, college, or any elite European leagues. Remember, you're 13 and 14 year olds, and you won't be playing at that level yet.
  • I will try to provide updates as often as possible, but if things come up in real life this may not always be possible. I usually try to sim a season before I go to bed, and post the update when I get home from school the next day. If there's enough time, I can sometimes provide two updates in one day, but don't expect that.

Players:

1. Niklas Markstrom (CF94)

2. Vladimir Lenin Jr. (Moonwalker)

3. Paul McCartney (SlayerS_BoxeR)

4. Santa Claus (Champions of Nothing)

5. Abdullah Muhammed Jabir (playstasian)

6. Alexandro Krustaylin (SodaPop)

7. Tyler Holcomb (L.R.1)

8. Tero Sandel (madrocker)

9. Tomas Karlsson (krezi)

10. Cody Nott (TylerBozak)

11. Makmende Amerundi (Walk The Dinosaur)

12. Justin Schwerts (Steven Stamkos_91)

13. Stephan Ziska (SedinNumberThree)

14. Raymond Lindsay (StevieY)

15. Isamu Yesenia (n00bxQb)

Updates:

Pre-Game Update

First Update

Second Update

Third Update

Fourth Update

Fifth Update

Sixth Update