The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

I love this show it's like a movie every episode.

Anyone know how many episodes we will be getting?

What's going to happen when the cop meets up with the camp and sees his wife, kid and his best friend all over his wife?

Is there going to be any super zombies, a zombie that is faster and smarter than the rest?

Different pace in the second episode vs the first, but other than the dead meat coat I liked what I saw. I thought that scene went on for too long though and I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be comical or dramatic. The camp story is pretty uninteresting right now, but I guess you have to have some character development occuring over there.

did i watch the same episode as you guys who are praising it?

HBO would never air that filth in the second episode. The product placement stunt car driving, the horribly lame dialogue, the contrived "woops, i tripped and the key flew 10 feet into a hole the size of a golf cup" type scenes... the "meat coat" scene was particularly awful. it was like 5 minutes of people say "OOOHHMYGOD THIS IS SOOOO GROSS" between exaggerated sounds effects. why didn't the people just back up, for gods sake. there was absolutely no need for them to be standing there saying "awwwghghh gross!!!" for minutes on end

i'll definitely tune in next week, ONLY under the weight of the first episode. If episode 3 offers the same degree of one-liners and "this is like a second rate action movie" scenes, i definitely won't be back for a episode 4

Right with you there dude. My stomach hurt the entire time cause I knew something would go wrong.

Cable TV shows are so much better the the cop and robbers crap they have on CBS, NBC etc. Like "No ordinary family'???? What a joke. Micheal Chiklis ruled in the Shield.

And for this series already being picked up for a second season is great. People who get it wants to watch cutting edge shows(eg why Conan is so popular amoung talk shows....he gets it)Network TV will continue to push out "shows" like.... NCIS, NCIS Dayton Ohio, NCIS Canada, CSI Alaska etc. My Dad is an Alien, Let's not offend the FCC, Christian Values showcase hour, My mom is my best friend, and NCIS Disneyland. And they will get good rating cause old people are scared to use the remote....or drift off to sleep during them.

Right with you there dude. My stomach hurt the entire time cause I knew something would go wrong.

Cable TV shows are so much better the the cop and robbers crap they have on CBS, NBC etc. Like "No ordinary family'???? What a joke. Micheal Chiklis ruled in the Shield.

And for this series already being picked up for a second season is great. People who get it wants to watch cutting edge shows(eg why Conan is so popular amoung talk shows....he gets it)Network TV will continue to push out "shows" like.... NCIS, NCIS Dayton Ohio, NCIS Canada, CSI Alaska etc. My Dad is an Alien, Let's not offend the FCC, Christian Values showcase hour, My mom is my best friend, and NCIS Disneyland. And they will get good rating cause old people are scared to use the remote....or drift off to sleep during them.

did i watch the same episode as you guys who are praising it?

HBO would never air that filth in the second episode. The product placement stunt car driving, the horribly lame dialogue, the contrived "woops, i tripped and the key flew 10 feet into a hole the size of a golf cup" type scenes... the "meat coat" scene was particularly awful. it was like 5 minutes of people say "OOOHHMYGOD THIS IS SOOOO GROSS" between exaggerated sounds effects. why didn't the people just back up, for gods sake. there was absolutely no need for them to be standing there saying "awwwghghh gross!!!" for minutes on end

i'll definitely tune in next week, ONLY under the weight of the first episode. If episode 3 offers the same degree of one-liners and "this is like a second rate action movie" scenes, i definitely won't be back for a episode 4

Yeah, but what happened to

Dixon (the guy on the roof)? I think he cut off his wrist and killed the zombies and he is on his way back to the camp, didn't T-Dog drop a gun too? I thought I could see one by the tools

Why do they have to call the zombies, "geeks"? In the comics they call them roamers (the ones that are walking around) and lurkers (the ones that were dormant until they heard or smelled something).

Also what about the rest of the world? I am assuming such a virus or whatever responsible could spread fairly fast considering how much travel goes on around the world. There would still be some isolated islands and countries which would get through a zombie infection. North Korea for instance with their little outside contact would most likely not be infected.

I found this little gem from a while back.

28644.jpg?v=1

As we touched on briefly above, if Homo sapiens are good at one thing, it's killing other things. We're so good at it that we've made entire other species cease to exist without even trying. Add to the mix the sheer number of armed rednecks and hunters out there, and the zombies don't even stand a chance. There were over 14 million people hunting with a license in the U.S. in 2004. At a minimum, that's like an armed force the size of the great Los Angeles area.

Remember, the whole reason hunting licenses exist is to limit the number of animals you're allowed to kill, because if you just declared free reign for everybody with a gun, everything in the forest would be dead by sundown. Even the trees would be mounted proudly above the late-arriving hunter's mantles. It's safe to assume that when the game changes from "three deer" to "all the rotting dead people trying to eat us," there will be no shortage of volunteers.

Plus, if we look at zombies as a species, they are pretty much designed for failure. Their main form of reproduction is also their only source of food and their top predator. If they want to eat or reproduce, they have to go toe to toe with their number one predator every single time. That's like having to fight a lion every time you to want to have sex or make a sandwich. Actually, it's worse than that: Most top predators are only armed with teeth and claws, meaning they have to put themselves in harm's way to score a kill. Humans have rifles.

28651.jpg?v=1

Harm's way is about 4875 feet from the end of this.

The zombies have no choice but to walk into bullets. And all this isn't even counting all the other household hand guns in the world, nor the fact that zombies also have to contend with IEDs, Molotov cocktails, baseball bats, crowbars and cars that the general public will no doubt be using to cull their numbers.

And that's just from the civilian population; counting the military and police, we have another three million or so armed people, and instead of just handguns shotguns and hunting rifles, they have machine guns, combat shotguns, sniper rifles, assault rifles, sub-machine guns, grenade launchers and the occasional taser, not to mention the training to use them effectively. But why would they even bother? When they could just roll over swaths of zombies in tanks, blast them with cluster bombs and MOABs and mow them down with miniguns from the god damn Air Force that every zombie flick seems to forget about.

28643.jpg?v=1

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly_p7.html#ixzz15LT7J68g

Archived