The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

This show is losing its appeal fast. This season has been dull to say the least. If I wanted to watch a relationship drama, I'd watch something that doesn't have zombies and the end of civilization in it. At least throw some zombies their way for a change. Fill the farmlands with zombie bodies. Do something!

You know what I thought about immediately after this week's episode? How much Dale reminds me of Simon from Lord of the Flies. Simon is the most peaceful and righteous character in that book and this entire episode was about how Dale was trying to prevent Randall's blood from being spilled. And then he died.

Glenn's still cool.

Sure the series is moving at a steady pace, but that's story telling. You build it up and end with a bang.

I do agree that almost all the characters are extremely annoying.

It's funny how people keep complaining about the show, yet they keep tuning in every single week to let us know how awful the show has gotten on CDC.

does anyone think that symbolic zombie in the field might have ended up being the zombie in the mud? and yes, i was hoping carl would have been bitten.

At least we know they are going to have to leave the house next episode (or the episode after it)

since the kid in the barn escaped, according to the preview of next week's show. plus it shows multiple zombies making their way into the farm, so it'd no longer safe, not only because of the other group, but also because of the invading zombies.

You guys are absolutely right. It's great that drama is created by an unsupervised child, in a world full of zombies, who snoops through other people'st things. Come on, this isn't great writing, this is childish. Or a woman crashing in midday, how typical, a damsel in distress. Anyway, I didn't mean to poo poo the show, I still watch it. I am simply growing tired of the current set up. I'm sorry if I want to see more zombie action in the only high production zombie show on TV. And no, it doesn't have to be a zombie FPS. I just want story involving zombies more. There is too much focus on humans lately.

You guys are absolutely right. It's great that drama is created by an unsupervised child, in a world full of zombies, who snoops through other people'st things. Come on, this isn't great writing, this is childish. Or a woman crashing in midday, how typical, a damsel in distress. Anyway, I didn't mean to poo poo the show, I still watch it. I am simply growing tired of the current set up. I'm sorry if I want to see more zombie action in the only high production zombie show on TV. And no, it doesn't have to be a zombie FPS. I just want story involving zombies more. There is too much focus on humans lately.

maybe a drama isn't for you... the range of emotion a zombie can show is pretty limited, which is why the humans are the focus. we've seen over and over, zombie movies that are essentially a video game and nothing more substantial than "zombie - RUN!" or "Zombie - Shoot!". The thing that has made this show different is that it is about focusing on the human side of this, how the different people cope with their world being turned upside down and facing immense trauma along with it. Obviously people like that because the show is #2 in viewership on Cable (rankings from feb 20) with just the NBA allstar game scoring more viewers...

If this show was all about the zombies it would have been dead after 1 season.

maybe a drama isn't for you... the range of emotion a zombie can show is pretty limited, which is why the humans are the focus. we've seen over and over, zombie movies that are essentially a video game and nothing more substantial than "zombie - RUN!" or "Zombie - Shoot!". The thing that has made this show different is that it is about focusing on the human side of this, how the different people cope with their world being turned upside down and facing immense trauma along with it. Obviously people like that because the show is #2 in viewership on Cable (rankings from feb 20) with just the NBA allstar game scoring more viewers...

If this show was all about the zombies it would have been dead after 1 season.

Did he become deaf too?

The zombie's seemed pretty loud usually, not to mention his line of sight should have been fairly broad walking in short grass.

I guess that particular zombie went stealth + quiet mode.

I understand he's a little rattled seeing the cow torn open, but let me try to sneak up on someone making growling and moaning sounds, on a desolate farm in the middle of the night. You'd be AMAZED AT HOW LITTLE SUCCESS I HAVE.

A horse can get stuck in bog muck like that, doesn't mean that it can't shatter a person's skull with 1 kick.

Once the zombie was free of the bog, why is it hard to believe it could start to tear into a cow? people can walk up and tip cows over when they sleep at night... And Dale was dumb, paying too much attention to the cow and it cost him. Being on the farm, all fenced in for this amount of time can bring a false sense of security...

Drama's are GREAT if done properly.

A drama falls short when it creates ridiculous conflicts that are neither intelligent or practical.

Every single time there's a problem with zombie's it's self inflicted.

When has anyone died in the show because of just bad luck, or being overwhelmed? It always ends up being: annoying character makes annoying decision, and gets people killed, or self killed, or some form of annoying conflict occurs.

It's like the zombie's don't actually exist, how did anyone ever die, you can evidently be complete morons 95% of the time and survive apparently.

Archived