The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

******OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY THREAD******

i am a beast

that is kind of sad.. i was having a tough time waiting for the Q10 to come out, but after hearing about all the minor complaints people have with the Z10 i'm excited for Blackberry to patch things up.. along with seeing if the promise of apps comes true

Well, by then 10.1 should be out with a bunch load more native apps. Oovoo is supporting BB10 big, I wonder if that is why Skype decided to join.

i've had my blackberry 9700 for three and a half years.. i've dropped it hard well over 200 times.

lots of people i know haven't been as lucky though, mines been as reliable as anything.

if you're worried buy a quality protective case and it will stay in mint condition

I really like it so far. I disabled NFC and have had amazing battery life since.

My samsung S620 with the protector that has another battery can last over a week if I turn it off at night. I have brought it on vacation and not even bothered with a charger.

That said I will probably go out and get a blackberry so I can actually have a real smartphone for the first time. Though I am thinking of waiting for the keyboard one.

What I really wish they did was make a smartphone like the S620 where one side is a regular phone and the other side was a touchscreen.

How you guys liking the Z10 so far?

I'm considering making a switch, my 4S has insane freezing issues.

Do it.

But a note about the battery. I know this won't be practical for everyone, but I turn off data services when I am in places that have WIFI, and I've noticed I can get around 15-20 hours out of it depending on how long I have it turned off for.

Do it.

But a note about the battery. I know this won't be practical for everyone, but I turn off data services when I am in places that have WIFI, and I've noticed I can get around 15-20 hours out of it depending on how long I have it turned off for.

I have a friend with a Samsung Galaxy II who turns off her data until she needs it and still doesn't get through the day (dies around 3pm). I heard the Z10 battery isn't great, but is it as bad as my friend's situation?

Also, I heard there was going to be a better battery in the Q10. Shouldn't they have put that in the Z10 (with the bigger screen and all)?

I have a friend with a Samsung Galaxy II who turns off her data until she needs it and still doesn't get through the day (dies around 3pm). I heard the Z10 battery isn't great, but is it as bad as my friend's situation?

Also, I heard there was going to be a better battery in the Q10. Shouldn't they have put that in the Z10 (with the bigger screen and all)?

Definitely not, with data off, my battery lasts for a full days use, and then a few hours of the next day.

As far as the Q10 goes, they have had more times to work on it right? so the design of the phone could have been changed fairly late. Remember that the Z10 was supposed to be out around November 2012, but the software wasn't ready.

The Q10 should have insane battery life if they can get the new Paratek radio in there.

I unplug my phone from the charger every morning at 7:30am which is when I wake up, I don't get the "battey life below 10%" notification until at least 9pm at night. This is with data on all day, I watch videos (episodes of family guy) on my phone on the skytrain and am frequently looking at Twitter. And then I just plug it in when I get home at night since i'm gonna be home for the rest of the night anyways.

edit: so cut out the 2 or 3 episodes I watch and my battery would last a few hours longer

anyone know a rough estimate for when the new OS update is released? keep hearing end of feb

I haven't heard anything, but I'd expect one before the US launch (mid-late March). They'd need to load the new OS on those devices so end of Feb makes sense.

Sigh, got off work at 2pm and saw that the new OS update for bb10 was available. Got super excited, waited 40 minutes for it to download and install and reboot, quickly jumped to app world hoping to see new, awesome apps such as instagram, temple run, draw something..etc. But nope, still the same ol' garbage

Sigh, got off work at 2pm and saw that the new OS update for bb10 was available. Got super excited, waited 40 minutes for it to download and install and reboot, quickly jumped to app world hoping to see new, awesome apps such as instagram, temple run, draw something..etc. But nope, still the same ol' garbage

Speaking an IT friend who handles Blackberry roll outs for his company, the update was never about new native apps.

The BlackBerry Z10 has now been official for around a month, meaning that many Z10 owners have likely only had their device for a few weeks now. It looks like those users will soon have some new software to go along with their new phone, as BlackBerry announced today that it's started to roll out an update to BlackBerry 10 devices. The new update has some pretty notable improvements packed in, including ones related to camera performance and battery life. Here are the major enhancements that BlackBerry says users will be getting:

• Improved third-party app performance

• Fixes for Gmail calendars, better call logs and conversation handling in the BlackBerry Hub and enhancements related to importing contacts

• Better low-light camera performance

• Improvements to the way that the BlackBerry 10 browser plays videos

• Several optimizations that will bring better battery life and a longer average usage per charge cycle

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/02/28/blackberry-10-update-rolling-out-to-the-z10-with-battery-life-and-camera-improvements/

Here is what Blackberry said:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/03/blackberry-10-update/?CPID=E10C102&DATE=022813

Speaking an IT friend who handles Blackberry roll outs for his company, the update was never about new native apps.

The BlackBerry Z10 has now been official for around a month, meaning that many Z10 owners have likely only had their device for a few weeks now. It looks like those users will soon have some new software to go along with their new phone, as BlackBerry announced today that it's started to roll out an update to BlackBerry 10 devices. The new update has some pretty notable improvements packed in, including ones related to camera performance and battery life. Here are the major enhancements that BlackBerry says users will be getting:

• Improved third-party app performance

• Fixes for Gmail calendars, better call logs and conversation handling in the BlackBerry Hub and enhancements related to importing contacts

• Better low-light camera performance

• Improvements to the way that the BlackBerry 10 browser plays videos

• Several optimizations that will bring better battery life and a longer average usage per charge cycle

http://www.phonedog....a-improvements/

Here is what Blackberry said:

http://blogs.blackbe...102&DATE=022813

But if this was the big update that they were talking about back in January to prepare the z10 for the US launch, won't not having native or at least android ported apps hurt their sales in the US? Why would US customers who know the app selection is crap on the z10 even with the new update buy it when they have dozens of other smart phones to choose from?

But if this was the big update that they were talking about back in January to prepare the z10 for the US launch, won't not having native or at least android ported apps hurt their sales in the US? Why would US customers who know the app selection is crap on the z10 even with the new update buy it when they have dozens of other smart phones to choose from?

It was not a big update - it was a bug fix.

Archived