The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

Been really enjoying the 5th anny game since I got it too. Made the mistake of picking up a soul shard that wasn't mine and got kicked out of the mages guild. Reloaded a save rather than gather 40 plants...

Ran into an aiylid ruin that had magical turrets in it that kept shooting ice bolts at me. After running past those and a sweeping fence that tried to impale me, it was the two necromancers that made me finally turn around and run the other way. I'll be back soon enough!

I'm still playing it for PC, though there's nothing challenging about it anymore. I built my character to be a heavy-armoured battlemage and became more or less invulnerable at level 10... that's thanks to the auto-levelling AI more than anything though. Like another poster said, I hope Skyrim's more like Morrowind in that regard.

Also, the fact that total magicka is based on an individual stat rather than grows with stat and levelling is annoying. You'd think a level 30 master of everything in the province would be able to do more damage with a single spell than a level 10 guild neophyte.

/nerd

I usually play as a paladin or warrior. Personally, I find that mages are usually overpowered in most games.. so it's not as fun. That, and I like to hack and slash.

I expect things to be much better in Skyrim in regards to AI leveling and whatnot.

Picked this up today. I'm a big gamer an huge fan of RPGs but never played this game or even heard much about it. I'm sure I'll enjoy it though.

One word - MODS. Play through it once vanilla style, then check out Elder Scrolls Nexus for a TON of Oblivion mods. Trust me, you'll get addicted.

I don't feel like making an Oblivion thread, so I am going to ask for some help here.

First question:

I have noticed some of my attributes are red. I'm a huge RPG fan so I realize that this means that it is below what is should be. Let's use Strength as an example. Its 70 and in red. Now is there armor or a weapon that may be causing this? From what I understand sometimes I am in a fight and I will see something like "your strength is damaged". From what I understand I can use the spell "Restore Strength" to bring it back to normal, but it doesn't move when I use this, it just stays at 70. Any help on how to get my attributes back to base would be awesome.

Next question. I'll be fighting one or multiple enemies, their life drops quite rapidly but after a bit their health will stop dropping. I can knock like 90% of an enemies life bar in a few slashes but then I can slash him 100 more times and it wont move. Why is this? Is this a glitch?

OMG. I am sooooo frustrated. I can not figure out why 6 slashes will get them down to about 10% life bar but the next 30 won't make the life bar move at all.

Must be a glitch I have never encountered this problem sorry man I wish I could help you, was kind of hoping someone would have a reply for you by now. Have you looked around the net to see if this is happening to anyone else. What system are you playing on pc or console? PS3 or Xbox 360? I know some seem to have different problems such as the vampirism glitch on PS3.

Edit: I know you can heal your affected attributes by praying at a chapel in any major town but your infamy cannot be over like 5 I think, could be mistaken on the number, but yea I don't know what is up with the restore spells either. I think you would need a specific restore spell such as "restore speed" or something but then it kind of makes normal restore useless so I can't really clear that up for you much either.laugh.gif

Must be a glitch I have never encountered this problem sorry man I wish I could help you, was kind of hoping someone would have a reply for you by now. Have you looked around the net to see if this is happening to anyone else. What system are you playing on pc or console? PS3 or Xbox 360? I know some seem to have different problems such as the vampirism glitch on PS3.

PS3. The recently released 5th anniversary. I can slash and see their life drop and drop and almost make it to zero but sometimes it stops and they just won't die no matter how much I slash. I usually have to run and hide and recharge my life about 4 or 5 times to finally kill them.

Any help on my 1st question about getting my attributes back to a base level?

Edit: See your edit, thanks !

Also, what's the vampire glitch? I googled it but cant seem to find an answer.

Don't turn into a Vampire if you don't want to be one because there is a problem with the quest you do to reverse being a vampire, it gets stuck at a certain point and you can't complete it or something to that effect. So make sure to carry a few cure disease potions or eat some mandrake root but vampirism doesn't stick till you have contracted the disease and slept for 3 nights, so you got some buffer room.

Don't turn into a Vampire if you don't want to be one because there is a problem with the quest you do to reverse being a vampire, it gets stuck at a certain point and you can't complete it or something to that effect. So make sure to carry a few cure disease potions or eat some mandrake root but vampirism doesn't stick till you have contracted the disease and slept for 3 nights, so you got some buffer room.

Cool thanks. And praying at the church worked. My strength went from 62 -> 77

Cool thanks. And praying at the church worked. My strength went from 62 -> 77

Good I was hoping it would, otherwise the only other way I can remember do it is to start the "Knights of the Nine" quests and walk the pilgrims way to lower your infamy to use the chapel. I'm sure there are other ways but I haven't played in a couple months but I want to beat it again before Skyrim comes out.biggrin.gif

Good I was hoping it would, otherwise the only other way I can remember do it is to start the "Knights of the Nine" quests and walk the pilgrims way to lower your infamy to use the chapel. I'm sure there are other ways but I haven't played in a couple months but I want to beat it again before Skyrim comes out.biggrin.gif

The 5th anniversary edition came with knights of the 9 already started.

Yeah, I knew what you meant. Just saying that this edition comes with the 2 DLC and they are already activated.

Yeah my buddy got Oblivion a couple years ago that came with the DLC on a disk so I went out and bought a used copy of Oblivion and borrowed the DLC disk and have had them for a while now for free.tongue.gif

Archived