The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

It's really that simple to cure?

From what I read as long as you don't allow the disease to set in, by sleeping for 3 nights, then the disease won't activate and thus a cure disease potion should do the trick. The Glitch only has to do with doing the specific mission to get rid of Vampirism so as long as you don't fully contract it you are good to go. So don't let it affect your decision to buy the game just keep a backup save file and be smart about not becoming a Vampire and everything should work out.

From what I read as long as you don't allow the disease to set in, by sleeping for 3 nights, then the disease won't activate and thus a cure disease potion should do the trick. The Glitch only has to do with doing the specific mission to get rid of Vampirism so as long as you don't fully contract it you are good to go. So don't let it affect your decision to buy the game just keep a backup save file and be smart about not becoming a Vampire and everything should work out.

Okay. Thanks for your help (and everyone else's). :D

I want to see how far I can push the behavioral and economic systems, I'll see if I can induce town-on-town warfare or at least get some otherwise neutral local factions to clash. Or, cause a local industry to boom, then bust, and then buy it out for cheap.

Running an economic enterprise would be cool, especially if you can hand it off to a manager so you don't have to micromanage it.

I want to see how far I can push the behavioral and economic systems, I'll see if I can induce town-on-town warfare or at least get some otherwise neutral local factions to clash. Or, cause a local industry to boom, then bust, and then buy it out for cheap.

Running an economic enterprise would be cool, especially if you can hand it off to a manager so you don't have to micromanage it.

I wouldn't mind micromanaging though.. the more depth, the better.

You can probably just do jobs for money I'm not expecting you to be able to effect the economy of a town unless it is maybe a specific mission. I could be wrong but they didn't make it sound overly impressive in that aspect from the videos I have seen or interviews I have read.

oblivion5thyear530.jpg

As first discovered by Nitrobeard, the special edition will include Oblivion, its two expansions (Knights of the Nine and the excellent Shivering Isles), a collector's steelbook, a making-of documentary, and a full-color map of Cyrodiil and the Shivering Isles. As a sticker on the front of the box shows, buying the 5th Anniversary Edition will also entitle you to $10 off the purchase of Skyrim and a strategy guide.

I might buy it because I never bought the expansion packs, and Oblivion was my favorite game...

Picked this up today. I'm a big gamer an huge fan of RPGs but never played this game or even heard much about it. I'm sure I'll enjoy it though.

Picked this up today. I'm a big gamer an huge fan of RPGs but never played this game or even heard much about it. I'm sure I'll enjoy it though.

I'm surprised you've never heard of it..

But mark my words, you'll enjoy it. And then you'll be excited for Skyrim like the rest of us. :P

I'm surprised you've never heard of it..

But mark my words, you'll enjoy it. And then you'll be excited for Skyrim like the rest of us. :P

OMG...

I can't believe I've never heard of this game either. I loved Fallout 3 and Vegas and this is quite similar. $30 for the game and the 2 add ons is a pretty good price, plus it comes with a $10 mail in rebate for Skyrim.

OMG...

I can't believe I've never heard of this game either. I loved Fallout 3 and Vegas and this is quite similar. $30 for the game and the 2 add ons is a pretty good price, plus it comes with a $10 mail in rebate for Skyrim.

WHAT!? Man this game is already approaching the 5th Anniversary..

It was GOTY when it was released also.

OMG...

It's one of those games that can go on forever. Just wandering around killing things, various quests, ect. Totally worth the low price.

It's supposed to be even better for PC, due to people modifying it and whatnot. But I'm not a PC gamer so I've got no idea how that all works.

It's one of those games that can go on forever.

I'm still playing it for PC, though there's nothing challenging about it anymore. I built my character to be a heavy-armoured battlemage and became more or less invulnerable at level 10... that's thanks to the auto-levelling AI more than anything though. Like another poster said, I hope Skyrim's more like Morrowind in that regard.

Also, the fact that total magicka is based on an individual stat rather than grows with stat and levelling is annoying. You'd think a level 30 master of everything in the province would be able to do more damage with a single spell than a level 10 guild neophyte.

/nerd

I'm still playing it for PC, though there's nothing challenging about it anymore. I built my character to be a heavy-armoured battlemage and became more or less invulnerable at level 10... that's thanks to the auto-levelling AI more than anything though. Like another poster said, I hope Skyrim's more like Morrowind in that regard.

Also, the fact that total magicka is based on an individual stat rather than grows with stat and levelling is annoying. You'd think a level 30 master of everything in the province would be able to do more damage with a single spell than a level 10 guild neophyte.

/nerd

I'm pretty sure the producer has said that the AI doesn't level up with you.

At least I remember him saying that some places are harder than others. Maybe he worded around the question, I don't really remember. The interview is somewhere in this thread though, that's for sure. :lol:

So I was exploring Cyrodiil when I came across a cave called blackrock caverns. I sear around inside and find a pirate ship. Then I got attacked by Pirate Ghosts.

In the process of levelling my character to get max attributes(100, not 255)

I was reading online I try and figure out if there was a max level to obtain and saw sone people say 100 an sone say 255. What's the difference ?

You can probably just do jobs for money I'm not expecting you to be able to effect the economy of a town unless it is maybe a specific mission. I could be wrong but they didn't make it sound overly impressive in that aspect from the videos I have seen or interviews I have read.

A dynamic economy is actually fairly easy to implement, I just don't expect there to be a lot of depth to it beyond directly game relevant aspects like food products and basic manufactered goods.

Also, I'd expect scripted limits on it, so that for example, an economy damaging event somewhere doesn't lead to a an economic meltdown and cause all the townspeople to become bandits, or they all try to flee to an area with better propects etc.

A dynamic economy is actually fairly easy to implement, I just don't expect there to be a lot of depth to it beyond directly game relevant aspects like food products and basic manufactered goods.

Also, I'd expect scripted limits on it, so that for example, an economy damaging event somewhere doesn't lead to a an economic meltdown and cause all the townspeople to become bandits, or they all try to flee to an area with better propects etc.

More a than anything I'm just looking forward to dual wielding axes and fighting dragons in new land.emot-parrot.gif

I was reading online I try and figure out if there was a max level to obtain and saw sone people say 100 an sone say 255. What's the difference ?

Technically 100 is the limit. But for some reason the game allows you to level up past 100. You can do so by reading skill books or by some quest rewards as well as some armor and weapons. Also, if you go to jail it lowers certain skills that you can level up again to get extra attribute bonus'. You can also use spells and potions that give a temporary stat boost.

The only attribute and skill that matter past 100 are speed and acrobatics. Though with strength you can carry more and intelligence you have more Magicka.

You can also boost your stats via the console (modpca/ modpcs [arribute/skill] [how much you want to set it at])

Archived