The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing big but something new My link

We have a new batch of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim details from the latest issue of Game Informer. Apparently the original article was in Russian, so a couple of points may sound a bit iffy.

-The player threw a Wolf he killed into a river and it went with the tide.

-Just killing a random stranger or 2 won’t be enough for you to join the Dark Brotherhood.

-Couple of stealth perks include 15x damage increase with a dagger in stealth and perk that allows you to disappear from battle.

-Upon exploring Whiterun you’ll be asked if your Battle-Born or Stormcloaks. On this occasion the player said Battle-Born and got to explore their headquarters without any harm. They offer a quest, they suspect one of their soldiers has been taken by the Stormcloaks at Northwatch Keep.

-Also in Whiterun, a drunkard asks you to go and steal a rare Argonian ale for him as a small favour.

-Smaller tasks such as the one above will appear as a separate tab in the Journal while the other lengthy quests that require multiple objectives will appear in the main tab.

-He hears some gossip in the local tavern that a boy in Windhelm is looking for the Dark Brotherhood.

-After that, the writer didn’t want to describe what happens next because of spoilers. He says that if you’re a fan of previous questlines you’re going to love it and has it’s a nice mix of dark humour and brutality. Just as he was about to visit the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary, his time ran out.

-Briefly before he finished he climbed up a mountain to Azura’s Shrine and was offered a quest.

Spoiler warning

-Spoilers about how you are possibly recruited into the Dark Brotherhood: Upon visiting the boy in Windhelm, he offers you a contract. The contract has you going to an orphanage to kill a vicious lady who hits the children and prevents them from being adopted. The orphanage is located in The Rift. Upon arriving there, the player sees how the woman is berating the children and then stalks her until they are both alone. He kills her. After that, he notices that the children find out and they all start to laugh / applaud (one even commends the Dark Brotherhood). After that quest is finished, you’ll receive a note from the Dark Brotherhood given to you by a courier.

• 2 weeks later...

if i spend half the time with this game as i did with fallout my semester is going to be shot

Ya, it almost sucks that Skyrim comes out so soon. Almost.

It amazes me how many games are coming out around the same time. I'm going to be lucky if I get them all.

I mean, Batman was last Tuesday. Battlefield 3 is today, Uncharted 3 is in 7 days, Call of Duty the Tuesday after that....and then Skyrim on the Friday. Then after those 4 games, Assasin's Creed Revelations is on the next Tuesday....4 days after Skyrim.

I understand that there is really no need for all of these games unless you have way too much time on your hands to play them all enough in a week before the next comes out.

Archived