686 replies to this topic

#301 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,248 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

sure hoping the "PFs take longer to develop" explanation holds true for him and Anthony... both were so touted when they were picked up and Darren played well with Jensen in the prospects games earlier on in the season, sure hope that pairing (with Darren and Jensen) with Cody is an image of a big, smart, skilled, powerful scoring line in this team's not-too-distant future!

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#302 22sedins33

22sedins33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

sure hoping the "PFs take longer to develop" explanation holds true for him and Anthony... both were so touted when they were picked up and Darren played well with Jensen in the prospects games earlier on in the season, sure hope that pairing (with Darren and Jensen) with Cody is an image of a big, smart, skilled, powerful scoring line in this team's not-too-distant future!

So touted by whom exactly? An undrafted player and a 7th rounder don't often come in with extremely high expectations. I think you're mistaking optimism for expectations.

In saying that, I still have faith that at least one of them will turn out. I personally actually have more faith in Anthony than Archibald but that's just gut feeling as much as anything :P
The day has only just begun and already your mind has snapped like a dry and brittle twig...

#303 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

Archibald was undrafted, played in the OHL as an overage and went to two camps (Columbus and Detroit) prior to being signed by the Canucks. I would say that he is the antithesis of "highly touted". More like anything they get out of him is a huge bonus.

He seems to be putting up some numbers in the E so maybe he will get another crack at the A later this season.

This season is a little discouraging but not really surprising. The scouts don't miss much. Not many undrafted guys make a big impact. Obvious Canucks examples excluded!

#304 Verloren

Verloren

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

So touted by whom exactly? An undrafted player and a 7th rounder don't often come in with extremely high expectations. I think you're mistaking optimism for expectations.

Anthony was highly touted during the QMJHL Draft, with scouts saying he had the talent to go far. Then he went to the Sea Dogs and pretty much got his development ruined by the head coach (Beaulieu?) who ended up getting fired.

#305 22sedins33

22sedins33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

Anthony was highly touted during the QMJHL Draft, with scouts saying he had the talent to go far. Then he went to the Sea Dogs and pretty much got his development ruined by the head coach (Beaulieu?) who ended up getting fired.

I was aware of this but by the time he actually became Canucks property they weren't exactly heralding this guy as the next Joe Thorton.

On a related note though, both are doing pretty well for themselves in the ECHL, putting up about .75 PPG between the two of them. I'm actually quite pleased by this. Here's hoping they can build off this and actually be consistent plays for the Wolves next year. I could actually see Archibald getting some call ups this year, even. Very encouraging :)

Edited by 22sedins33, 05 January 2012 - 01:22 AM.

The day has only just begun and already your mind has snapped like a dry and brittle twig...

#306 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

Cool to see Archi finally shook whatever was bothering him. 12 points in 14 games in the ECHL now, the Wolves have a lot of extra skaters though, so it might be a while before he gets a call-up.

Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 09 January 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#307 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,956 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Cool to see Archi finally shook whatever was bothering him. 12 points in 14 games in the ECHL now, the Wolves have a lot of extra skaters though, so it might be a while before he gets a call-up.

wolves have 8 extras. it's gonna be a while. :emot-parrot:

#308 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

14 pts in 18 GP, good to see him getting confidence back.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#309 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

When would Archibald be NHL ready?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#310 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,956 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

when he's ready to play in the nhl. i would think if he works hard and is focused, about 2-3 years.

#311 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:46 AM

when he's ready to play in the nhl. i would think if he works hard and is focused, about 2-3 years.

Agreed. His skating still needs improvement.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#312 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

He still needs time! Got dummied pretty good here.

#313 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

In Archie's defence, that guy looked huge and that's not easy to do when Archibald is 6'3" 210lbs himself. I'm guessing 6'5" 230lbs?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#314 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,956 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Justin Vaive is 6'6" 225 lbs, according to his echl profile...

http://echl.com/stat...yer.php?id=3820

#315 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

I don't know...haven't seen this guy play in person or anything...but from the youtube clips out there, and the few pre-season games he played at our camp, I thought he wasn't very good. He's playing well in a league with guys that are younger, smaller and slower than him. What's impressive about this guy? Honest question. We can't all be talking about this guy because he's got size...

#316 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,487 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

I don't know...haven't seen this guy play in person or anything...but from the youtube clips out there, and the few pre-season games he played at our camp, I thought he wasn't very good. He's playing well in a league with guys that are younger, smaller and slower than him. What's impressive about this guy? Honest question. We can't all be talking about this guy because he's got size...

He's big, he's got soft hands, and he's got a mean streak. The only thing missing right now is a good work ethic, which he will have to learn if he wants to get back into the AHL, and then into the NHL.

Anytime a player can do that in a game, it's pretty impressive no matter what league it's in. The guy definitely has confidence.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#317 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,956 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

younger? you do know the ECHL is full of players 20 and up, right? it's the same age level as the AHL. and a lot of them are bigger. he may be faster than them, and he sure is more talented, but smaller and younger they are not. Archi might turn into a good bottom six for us in the future, maybe better. people are talking about him because he has the potential to be a good power forward for us in the future, and cost us nothing but a contract slot to sign.

#318 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Archie has 23 points in 27 games now. PPG-wise he is right amongst the top K-Wings' forwards... Not saying much compared to how good he looked in the OHL + training camp, but better than how he was playing at the beginning of the season.

#319 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,956 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Name			Pos	GP	G	A	PTS	+/-	PIM	PPG	SHG	Pt/G	PIMPG	SOG

25	Darren Archibald	LW	31	9	18	27	+5	29	1	0	0.87	0.94	92

#320 rluongo01

rluongo01

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:30 AM

Hopefully Archibald can become a solid bottom 6 winger for us in the future.
Hopefully he becomes a physical, energy guy who can score some goals - he certainly has the hands and size for the potential.
Maybe like a Raffi Torres type of player.

#321 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

He just got called up to Chicago. this could be a precursor to a major deadline move.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#322 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,956 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

or a sign that the wolves have 6 injured players and one more went down in the middle of the second last night...

Edited by avelanch, 26 February 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#323 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,956 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

progress update:
Season			Team		GP	G	A	PTS	+/-	SOG	PIM	
2011-12 Regular Season	Chicago Wolves	20	1	0	1	-2	23	10	
2011-12 Regular Season	Kalamazoo Wings	39	10	22	32	+13	114	39

#324 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

Darren with 4 assists in the K-Wings' last game.

Which gives him 5 assists & 5 shots in the last two games. Maybe he deserves some goals in the upcoming ones?

He's currently also leading the K-Wings in plus/minus and has 37 points in 43 games. Hopefully next year he can start the season in the bottom-six on a line with Friesen for the Wolves.

Archibald - Friesen - Duco??

#325 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

He'll have Anthony,Tochkin, and Rai for company in Kalamazoo next year. I'm not sure about the status of Peter Andersson, but he could be with the K-Wings as well if Gillis has to honor that contract. Grenier and Freisen would likely be Kalamazoo bound as well, should Gillis decide to sign them!

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#326 R4ff

R4ff

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

He had his first professional hat trick today. He's starting to dominate the ECHL now. If all goes well, he'll be a full time AHLer next season.
Ben Hutton Sig

#327 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

I remember at the time of this signing people were talking as if he's the next Bertuzzi :lol:

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#328 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,956 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

he still might be. you never know.

#329 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,424 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

In hindsight he is performing like a typical 4-7th round pick. Considering we got him for free that's not too shabby.

A comparable player is PC Labrie. Big, physical, scoring ability in junior as an overager, undrafted.

It took PC 5 years to make the nhl as a fourth liner. Archibald has higher offensive upside but isn't quite as truculent.
Sig too big.

#330 R4ff

R4ff

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

Archibald got a hat trick. His 3rd goal was really nice. Prab Rai also scored a nice penalty shot goal.

Edited by R4ff, 31 March 2012 - 01:23 PM.

Ben Hutton Sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.