The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Battlefield 3

Moonwalker

BF3 is worth it. It takes a little longer to get used to then COD but once you catch onto the learning curve and start remembering the maps it gets really fun and there is lots of unlockables and if you get bored of just running around there is always helicopters or jets or tanks. This game is always more effective with some friends or at least members on your team who are semi helpful, i.e. give you health or ammo when you need it. I have gotten good at playing by myself because I only got a couple friends with it but I don't know how many times I have followed an ammo guy to my death because I have no ammo and he won't throw any down, so it is always nice to have a friend with a mic.

edit: lol posted 3 minutes after you bumped it.

BF3 is worth it. It takes a little longer to get used to then COD but once you catch onto the learning curve and start remembering the maps it gets really fun and there is lots of unlockables and if you get bored of just running around there is always helicopters or jets or tanks. This game is always more effective with some friends or at least members on your team who are semi helpful, i.e. give you health or ammo when you need it. I have gotten good at playing by myself because I only got a couple friends with it but I don't know how many times I have followed an ammo guy to my death because I have no ammo and he won't throw any down, so it is always nice to have a friend with a mic.

edit: lol posted 3 minutes after you bumped it.

I play on an almost daily basis with a group of about 5 other guys. Playing this game with friends has been one of the best FPS experiences of my gaming career. 2 squads of 3 people can turn any game around even in a 64 man server. We even recently started renting out a 10 slot server so we could play some 3v3/4v4 squad rush against each other... so incredibly fun. I would recommend BF3 to anyone, it's not hard to find people to play with online. on the BF3 forums, HUPIT, the list goes on. One thing you'll realize pretty quickly though is that you're going to have to change up your play style pretty quickly once you switch over from COD. There are some people who are ridiculously good at this game and they can smell a COD player's tears from a mile away.

Bump, and wondering if the patch for BF3 has been released? I've been watching some videos of shosho1909 or something, and he's choked that BF3 didn't release the patch - has it been released yet, or are there still errors in the game?

When I played the beta, I was doing great in my eyes - had 15-3, 21-15, 20-5 games, and I helped the team out as much as I could. I can change pretty quickly, as I'm not the average cod player, I play strategically and with the team, and its hard doing so in cod when its not meant for it, thus why I'm switching over.

Only confusing thing to me is how to choose classes, how to set them up, and I don't know how to fully use everything, like what do the d-pad arrows do...and I gotta find out how to parachute, when/where to use the beaker/spawn thingy effectively, and just get a better general knowledge, so yea, I will probably be hunted down by the more experienced guys in the first week or so :P

....You play on the computer, and you can find people to play with forums?

I am finding the servers really irritating. I really only like playing conquest and I usually just quick joined matches but now can't do that if I want to play conquest because it puts me in combination servers. So now I have to go into a fat server list and look for one with the proper game modes and maps that I want to play and then even if you find one half the time it tells you it is full because you just pissed away 5 or 10 minutes server browsing. I am very displeased with this and it is not only effecting my enjoyment of the game but it is making me completely avoid it because I don't want to deal with such a stupid problem and be forced to do something a certain way by a video game. I know I am probably just being stubborn but it really bothers me.

Archived