The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Modern Warfare 3

Madness

No complaints from me yet. It's very polished up and looks and runs great. It handles just a bit different from MW2, which makes it pretty much play like 'something else'.

I've heard friends having a lot of fun on BF3 too.

Looks like both games will be great. I'm glad, because Black Ops sucked.

But that's the thing, they come out year after year expecting people to buy it thinking that they would completely revamp the design and style of the game when most of it is really just copy and paste.

They really should start doing 2 years between games, but then they wouldn't generate all that income they get from their fans...

COD alternates between Activision and Treyarch each year to produce their games which is why you have Modern Warfare and then Black Ops within a year. Activision had 2 years to develop this game and all they came up with was a patch and some new maps.

People who play NHL would flip out even more if all they got was a roster update and a patch for NHL 13 without any new features. If you see the NHL boards every year when the game comes out, there are plenty of people saying its just NHL 11 with a roster update and glitches are still there. When in fact they add a few new features every year and fix the game engine. Keep in mind that they have less than a year to develop their game.

I dont think 2 years is that short of a development time. I'm sure they could think of some new maps in that time. They release new map packs all the time. Like I said, sports games have an even shorter development time. At least the COD franchise is smart to alternate between 2 developers so they can release one every year and milk the franchise as much as they can. Unfortunately this causes the game to become stale and there comes a point where they wont improve much and the game becomes disappointing.

I think Battlefield 3 had 3 years to develop and had 1.5 years between Bad Company 2 and BF3.

Archived