The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

predator fan to the canucks

pred303guy

i expect an 'interesting' game plan tonight out of the sharks what with last change and all...

one would logically expect them to come out focused on their defensive effort instead of trying the pure up and down, run and gun stuff they did in your place. (after getting their head handed to them trying to play that way).

so i expect you'll see lots of early focus on the twins, and much more of an attempt to play a much tighter checking, more defensively responsible game. (how could they not?). the sharks can play defense when they concentrate on playing defense. and with them with last change you'll see them try to go out and at least control the sedins. of course, i don't think they have any defensemen or centers that can really do that totally.

with all the attention that one knows the sedin line will attract tonight, would be a great night for kesler's line to take advantage of their attempt to play a more controlled game. from what i've seen of you guys in our 10 games, it seems the sedins excel more in the open ice game, while kesler with his toughness and willingness to get to the hard places seems to thrive in the closing checking type games. my guess is it needs to be his and burrows turn to pick up the offense tonight.

best of luck, again.

(p.s., hope it's ok for me to post on this thread and your board, know you have lots of things to focus on other than some other team's fan's opinions. thought by using this thread i might not 'clutter up' your own guys threads. but let me know if it bothers someone.)

i expect an 'interesting' game plan tonight out of the sharks what with last change and all...

one would logically expect them to come out focused on their defensive effort instead of trying the pure up and down, run and gun stuff they did in your place. (after getting their head handed to them trying to play that way).

so i expect you'll see lots of early focus on the twins, and much more of an attempt to play a much tighter checking, more defensively responsible game. (how could they not?). the sharks can play defense when they concentrate on playing defense. and with them with last change you'll see them try to go out and at least control the sedins. of course, i don't think they have any defensemen or centers that can really do that totally.

with all the attention that one knows the sedin line will attract tonight, would be a great night for kesler's line to take advantage of their attempt to play a more controlled game. from what i've seen of you guys in our 10 games, it seems the sedins excel more in the open ice game, while kesler with his toughness and willingness to get to the hard places seems to thrive in the closing checking type games. my guess is it needs to be his and burrows turn to pick up the offense tonight.

best of luck, again.

(p.s., hope it's ok for me to post on this thread and your board, know you have lots of things to focus on other than some other team's fan's opinions. thought by using this thread i might not 'clutter up' your own guys threads. but let me know if it bothers someone.)

Dad Gummit! Too much southern hospitality! The class these guys have... I was very happy the Preds made it to the playoffs, and I see great things in their future. If the time comes where the Canucks are no longer in the playoffs and the Preds are, I know who to support!

i'm an outsider here. a pred fan. so i like to think i can evaluate things without bias.

having said that. the media coverage of this final four seems to be so slanted toward Boston and the east it's sickening. the ingame announcers simply drool every time the bruins name is mentioned, like it's a foregone fact they're the best team left easily.

pretty much the only thing i hear is either Boston.. or something about Joe Thornton.. i actually feel sorry for TB.

the whole slant toward original 6 teams or players with strong connections to original 6 teams is enough to drive a western conference fan mad.

maybe it's just me and i only hear what i choose to hear. but it certainly feels that way.

congrats nucks fans, knew you'd handle the sharks fairly easily. also knew the sedins line would light them up.best of luck in the finals, you're a better team than Boston or the outside chance it's TB. many of us pred fans are pulling for you to represent the west.

congrats nucks fans, knew you'd handle the sharks fairly easily. also knew the sedins line would light them up.best of luck in the finals, you're a better team than Boston or the outside chance it's TB. many of us pred fans are pulling for you to represent the west.

• 2 weeks later...

wanted to check back in and say go canucks.

you're better than this boston team. your top line is better. your 2nd line is better. your forward depth is better. your defensive depth is better.like you we only played boston once this past season of course, and we beat them 4-3 in Boston. if we could score 4 goals on this team, you guys should be able to certainly light them up more with your talent. afterall, you guys know our offense, lol.

boston is a tough team, especially defensively and in net of course. however, in our game against them, we saw that their defensemen were vulnerable to aggressive forechecking and prone to turn the puck over under intense pressure. especially their lower pairs. even chara, despite the non-stop hype is prone to giving the puck up in bad situations if forechecked hard. fully expect kesler to step back up and have a big series. tonight would be a good time for him to start.

this is your time canucks. take advantage of having the better team. best of luck again tonight from a jealous pred fan.

you're better than this boston team. your top line is better. your 2nd line is better. your forward depth is better. your defensive depth is better.like you we only played boston once this past season of course, and we beat them 4-3 in Boston. if we could score 4 goals on this team, you guys should be able to certainly light them up more with your talent. afterall, you guys know our offense, lol.

boston is a tough team, especially defensively and in net of course. however, in our game against them, we saw that their defensemen were vulnerable to aggressive forechecking and prone to turn the puck over under intense pressure. especially their lower pairs. even chara, despite the non-stop hype is prone to giving the puck up in bad situations if forechecked hard. fully expect kesler to step back up and have a big series. tonight would be a good time for him to start.

this is your time canucks. take advantage of having the better team. best of luck again tonight from a jealous pred fan.

I could actually see myself doing it even if I was angry at the team that beat mine. It's almost a kind of saving grace to me, in a weird way. Maybe I'm strange that way. I don't know, I would almost consider it like a slap in the face, or insult to injury, if a team beat mine, but then went on to fumble the rest.

Chicago had to go through the Preds, the Wings, and finally the Sharks to get to the Cup last year. That was one tough row to hoe. I am NOT a Chicago fan by any means, but I would have been genuinely pissed off if they hadn't beat the Flyers, and I was satisfied when they took the Cup.

For me: If your team is going to get beat, let it be by the eventual Champion. Nothing less will do.

This just proves that when another city loves to trash talk, and we get started against them, they can't handle the volume of crap talk our fans resort to, especially when the real idiots from this city start coming out. Then the other city has to resort to plain hatred for Vancouver.

When the other city isn't looking to trash talk, they respect us, since we will respect them as well.

any word on what hamhuis's injury is and whether he will be back or not?

had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife and having dinner with them back here in nashville, super cool, down to earth people, besides being a great player. they were very proud of their city, Smithers, and actually gave me a book on the town.

don't know how anyone could not pull for this guy's success.

Archived