Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

predator fan to the canucks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
214 replies to this topic

#121 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,146 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

I guess this is as good a place as any to report a weekend Dan Hamhuis sighting:

I just returned from Telkwa after playing in the Slo-Pitch tournament that I mentioned in an earlier post.

We played against Hammer's former team, but he wasn't in the lineup this year. (Obviously due to his recovery from off-season surgery) However, the following day, there he was standing outside the fence in civvies, watching his buddies play.

I went over and wished him luck, telling him that he and the 'Nucks had the whole Province behind them. He was very nice, saying thanks and shaking my hand. He signed a few autographs for kids (and a couple of adults as well ;) ) before heading for home.

I didn't talk to him much, but I heard through the grapevine that he is "hopeful" that he'll be ready to go by training camp.

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 05 September 2011 - 08:31 PM.

Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#122 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

I guess this is as good a place as any to report a weekend Dan Hamhuis sighting:

I just returned from Telkwa after playing in the Slo-Pitch tournament that I mentioned in an earlier post.

We played against Hammer's former team, but he wasn't in the lineup this year. (Obviously due to his recovery from off-season surgery) However, the following day, there he was standing outside the fence in civvies, watching his buddies play.

I went over and wished him luck, telling him that he and the 'Nucks had the whole Province behind them. He was very nice, saying thanks and shaking my hand. He signed a few autographs for kids (and a couple of adults as well ;) ) before heading for home.

I didn't talk to him much, but I heard through the grapevine that he is "hopeful" that he'll be ready to go by training camp.

wooooooooooooooo. great news. :)

he better still beast with those hipchecks.

#123 EmilyRose

EmilyRose

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

I've akways said the Predators have some of the classiest fans in all of the league. classy team too, classy coach, haha just an all around great organization =)

#124 jammyrft

jammyrft

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

Good post, and spread the word in america about hockey it's a great sport
No advertising please.

#125 pred303guy

pred303guy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:35 AM

good win for you guys last night, hate the jackets. always like when you guys beat some central division team to help us out. my only question is why didn't someone kill methot after he boarded sedin? lol.

#126 thekeslerfan

thekeslerfan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:40 AM

good win for you guys last night, hate the jackets. always like when you guys beat some central division team to help us out. my only question is why didn't someone kill methot after he boarded sedin? lol.

Because our team is soft and weak.

#127 pred303guy

pred303guy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:21 AM

wanted to stop by once again and compliment your team. always love the on ice intensity when our two teams get together. you guys are just as good as i thought you'd be again. glad to see you competing for the top spot once again.

always enjoy reading the other teams game day threads after a game to get the other sides perspective on the game. you guys certainly have probably the most 'passionate' fans in the league on the boards, makes it fun reading. hate that so many seem to really hate and belittle the preds and their fanbase, but there are lots of guys that seem to really know and appreciate good hockey, so always fun to see what they're thinking.

we're a little different team this year. more offensive balance and depth. but the youngest team in the league by average age. one gets the feel we went out to get a guy like gill specifically to better handle some of the stronger physical guys on 2nd lines of some of the better teams (like kesler for you guys and clowe for SJ, etc) and to help on our pk, where we needed another d-man with size besides just weber. maybe it'll work.

don't think you guys saw our real team for several of our games between us this year for whatever reason, but i'll take the 2-2 split from a mighty good team. see where several say we'll be toast since we'll probably lose to CHI or STL in the first round, but for what it's worth we're 4-1 against CHI and 5-0 against STL this year, so maybe we'll catch you later in the p.o. once again. hope if so it's in the finals this time.

anyway, best of luck to you guys from here on out. go get the wings for us now.

#128 MLT

MLT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

Good game last night. I am seriously liking what the preds have this year. I could definitely see them dark horsing (god forbid) in to the cup final this year. Their defensive depth is ridiculous. Match that with a solid pp and goaltending and you have yourself a contender. They match up very well with the Canucks this year imo. Looking forward to that series again this year. Not very often you find a team with nothing close to a star forward have as much success as the preds this year. Great depth.
Posted Image

#129 IwantGDiduc!

IwantGDiduc!

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

i've been a hockey fan since my father took me to a minor league game in Nashville in 1966. have been an nhl fan since the mid 70's cemented by watching gretzky's scoring streak unfold. have owned season tickets to every predator home game ever played. part owner of the suite next to carrie underwood (lol, knew that might get some of you guys attention). in other words i'm anything but a new fan. and in all these years i never remember being for the team that just put my team out of the playoffs. too much emotion and built up hatred you know. but, wanted you guys to know that because of how classy so many of your canuck posters were on the main predator board i cann't be against you (in these playoffs, lol). and therefore for the little it's worth, will be cheering for you (and was in game 1). you guys are better than this shark team. like you, we beat them 3 of 4 this year as well. their defense will give the sedin's too much time and space. the sedins, and burrows will take advantage of that in this series. your defense is far better than theirs. your depth is better than theirs. your goaltending is better than theirs. i see no way they can hold you guys to less than 3 goals per game on average, and i'm fairly sure you can hold them below that. i also think you will benefit from having played our defensive oriented, hard working team in the previous series and that will help you against a team like the sharks that rely more on top line skill. anyway, best of luck from a former opponent.

Yet again, the Canucks convert another to the TRUE faith in hockey ! :canucks: :canucks: :canucks:

#130 ramone1984

ramone1984

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

wanted to stop by once again and compliment your team. always love the on ice intensity when our two teams get together. you guys are just as good as i thought you'd be again. glad to see you competing for the top spot once again. always enjoy reading the other teams game day threads after a game to get the other sides perspective on the game. you guys certainly have probably the most 'passionate' fans in the league on the boards, makes it fun reading. hate that so many seem to really hate and belittle the preds and their fanbase, but there are lots of guys that seem to really know and appreciate good hockey, so always fun to see what they're thinking. we're a little different team this year. more offensive balance and depth. but the youngest team in the league by average age. one gets the feel we went out to get a guy like gill specifically to better handle some of the stronger physical guys on 2nd lines of some of the better teams (like kesler for you guys and clowe for SJ, etc) and to help on our pk, where we needed another d-man with size besides just weber. maybe it'll work. don't think you guys saw our real team for several of our games between us this year for whatever reason, but i'll take the 2-2 split from a mighty good team. see where several say we'll be toast since we'll probably lose to CHI or STL in the first round, but for what it's worth we're 4-1 against CHI and 5-0 against STL this year, so maybe we'll catch you later in the p.o. once again. hope if so it's in the finals this time. anyway, best of luck to you guys from here on out. go get the wings for us now.

Nice of you to come by. I think it's safe to say the bolded section of your post is from a vocal minority on these boards.

Nashville is one of those teams tha's well managed, well coached, and was well developed talent. Those are the key parts to any team. It's nice to see that formula paying dividends in a non-traditional hockey market, and converting people like yourself into fans! Hope that keeps on going!

I also hope for your guy's sake that you manage to re-sign both Webber and Suter this offseason, but if you don't, I know we'll welcome Webber in particular with open arms here in BC!

Cheers,

Ramone
Thanks for the sig Tv9924!
Posted Image

#131 pred303guy

pred303guy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

Lol, wouldn't go and say I've actually become a Canuck fan, but I certainly have come to appreciate the abilities of your team and the passion of the fan base. I would term it more like respect from an opponent.

Anyway, best of luck these last 20.

#132 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 28,597 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

Nashville.

Horrible music.

Great Hockey Fans!
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#133 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

Liked the Gill pick up to help your defence. Do you think your team will add a winger before the trade deadline?

#134 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

Lol, wouldn't go and say I've actually become a Canuck fan, but I certainly have come to appreciate the abilities of your team and the passion of the fan base. I would term it more like respect from an opponent. Anyway, best of luck these last 20.

I have thought that Trotz is the best NHL coach for a number of years now. The Preds are known for their ability to develop players.

Canucks lost last night but I wasn't to unhappy with their effort. Their passing has really picked up the last 4 games. As we head for playoffs the contrast between the two teams is pretty stark. The Preds have top notch defence and the Canucks pretty decent offence. The dif from last year is that each team has improved on their strengths but also that the Preds are scoring more goals. Van's biggest weakness is still on defence. I was hoping for Gill but to late now.

Playoff hockey is not regular season hockey. Many Canuck fans seem to forget that. The Preds will be prepared. The Canucks still have questions surrounding their d-core and whether their offence can be contained by CUP quality d-cores.

#135 Ryan Strome

Ryan Strome

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

Nice of you to come by. I think it's safe to say the bolded section of your post is from a vocal minority on these boards.

Nashville is one of those teams tha's well managed, well coached, and was well developed talent. Those are the key parts to any team. It's nice to see that formula paying dividends in a non-traditional hockey market, and converting people like yourself into fans! Hope that keeps on going!

I also hope for your guy's sake that you manage to re-sign both Webber and Suter this offseason, but if you don't, I know we'll welcome Webber in particular with open arms here in BC!

Cheers,

Ramone

Weber is an RFA.

Edited by Ryan Strome, 22 February 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#136 smithers joe

smithers joe

Fan since 1915

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

i wish we had more classy fans like you, in our fan base....i still haven't mentioned to dan that we talked....i mentioned you to his dad though....he is proud of the man has turned out to be.....
canuck players all say, the nashville series last year was their toughest......have a good run in the playoffs lad...you rock.

#137 HorseGem2007

HorseGem2007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

wanted to stop by once again and compliment your team. always love the on ice intensity when our two teams get together. you guys are just as good as i thought you'd be again. glad to see you competing for the top spot once again. always enjoy reading the other teams game day threads after a game to get the other sides perspective on the game. you guys certainly have probably the most 'passionate' fans in the league on the boards, makes it fun reading. hate that so many seem to really hate and belittle the preds and their fanbase, but there are lots of guys that seem to really know and appreciate good hockey, so always fun to see what they're thinking. we're a little different team this year. more offensive balance and depth. but the youngest team in the league by average age. one gets the feel we went out to get a guy like gill specifically to better handle some of the stronger physical guys on 2nd lines of some of the better teams (like kesler for you guys and clowe for SJ, etc) and to help on our pk, where we needed another d-man with size besides just weber. maybe it'll work. don't think you guys saw our real team for several of our games between us this year for whatever reason, but i'll take the 2-2 split from a mighty good team. see where several say we'll be toast since we'll probably lose to CHI or STL in the first round, but for what it's worth we're 4-1 against CHI and 5-0 against STL this year, so maybe we'll catch you later in the p.o. once again. hope if so it's in the finals this time. anyway, best of luck to you guys from here on out. go get the wings for us now.

if we would be as classy as "pred303guy" may be the Canucks fan wouldn't be the most hated fans in the league

your team has been very good for many years and playoff bound it seem year after year, i wish you make SCF soon (just not this year) :shock: lol

our teams will meet again soon i'm sure and great defensive addition with Gil - wish the Canucks will do the same very soon (5 days left before TD)

only complaints I have about you "pred303guy" .... wish you would start your paragraphs with a CAPITAL letter :bigblush:
Go :canucks: Go
" OnceUgotItUpKeepItUp "

Burr Kes Higgy
#14 #17 #20

YOU CAN PLAY ... Gay athletes. Straight allies. Teaming up for respect: http://youcanplayproject.org/

#138 Nicklasjensen46

Nicklasjensen46

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

best hockey fans are the ones with class...have a beer with your buddies or strangers and give each other a hard time. Not the ones dumping beer on you throwing popcorn at you or trying to fight you. Cheers bud.

My 2012 Canucks
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Hodgson
Sturm Malhotra Hansen
Sammuelson Lapiere Oreskovich

Hamhuis Bieska
Edler Salo
Tanev Ballard
Luongo Schnieder

#139 yes we can nucks

yes we can nucks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

Go Preds go! (except against the Nucks of course!) :lol:

#140 ramone1984

ramone1984

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

Weber is an RFA.

Heh, trust me, I think everyone that's so much as glanced at CDC over the past 6 months knows every intricate detail of Weber's contract status....and trade value (Ballart+raymond+1st, lol)

I know there's like a 1% chance of Nashville losing Weber, but they still need to sign him this offseason.
Thanks for the sig Tv9924!
Posted Image

#141 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,572 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

I posted this in the PGT as well but:

Have the fans in Nashville always been that vocal?!
I don't recall Luongo being taunted like that ever before. Sounds like the fans are really getting in on the rivalry between the two teams. It sounded like it was a great atmosphere in that game yesterday!

And as a sidebar, can we please trade for Mike Fisher. He's the newest Canuck killer :(
I'm sure there's a market here for country music stars no?
:(
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#142 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,953 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

I hope we don't play Nashville in the playoffs. So boring!

#143 pred303guy

pred303guy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Liked the Gill pick up to help your defence. Do you think your team will add a winger before the trade deadline?

This is exactly what Poole is trying to do without a doubt. The problem being every team still thinks they're in the race, lol. We have two pretty good pieces to offer for a good forward. A good young puck mover in John Blum and a 23 year old goalie with real potential in lindbach, both sort of redundant because of what we already have. I'm afraid we'll have to overpay in this environment for some rental like hemsky (which is one rumor).

Have confidnce in our management though.

Oh and let me correct myself we're actually only 3-1 against CHI and 4-0 against STL.

Always glad to talk real hockey with true, knowledgeable fans.

#144 pred303guy

pred303guy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

I posted this in the PGT as well but:

Have the fans in Nashville always been that vocal?!
I don't recall Luongo being taunted like that ever before. Sounds like the fans are really getting in on the rivalry between the two teams. It sounded like it was a great atmosphere in that game

Always been a great college like atmosphere here hockeyville. Last night seemed like a normal crowd and taunts and chants to be honest. But I certainly admit there is a little hatred and rivalry building, playoffs do that lol.

#145 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

It's nice to see such class from a Predators fan. You certainly put a lot of members of our own fanbase to shame.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#146 VancouverHabitant

VancouverHabitant

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

I am more concerned at the prospect of playing Nashville now that you guys have acquired Hal Gill then if you would've added a bonified 1st line forward.

Preds now have a legitimate way to shut down the top two lines of any team with their D and steady goaltending.

It shouldn't be understated that the requirements in order to have a penalty called, go way up in the playoffs. So a guy like Hal Gill can lay and drag people down with his huge frame and long stick.

Detroit and St Louis are the only other teams that I think have a good chance to beat the Canucks in a 7 game series.
Posted Image __ Posted Image

#147 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,564 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

This is exactly what Poole is trying to do without a doubt. The problem being every team still thinks they're in the race, lol. We have two pretty good pieces to offer for a good forward. A good young puck mover in John Blum and a 23 year old goalie with real potential in lindbach, both sort of redundant because of what we already have. I'm afraid we'll have to overpay in this environment for some rental like hemsky (which is one rumor).

Have confidnce in our management though.

Oh and let me correct myself we're actually only 3-1 against CHI and 4-0 against STL.

Always glad to talk real hockey with true, knowledgeable fans.

Blum played his junior hockey here in Vancouver, we know him well.

Don't worry about some fans here dumping on the Preds and their fans, we might have some of the best fans but we've also got some of the worst, believe me.

Personally I love Nashville, I spent a lot of time there in the 90s, living right next to Vanderbilt. I got to know a few Preds a little too, mostly the French Canadian guys as I was splitting my time between Montreal and Nashville.

qrC4ALSTG9AZO.gif

#148 SCORGASMS

SCORGASMS

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:49 AM

God predator fans make our fans look like crap. :(

Thats because most of them have no passion...

Exception to the OP but come on, what kind of a market do they have in nashville ffs; i guaranteed there is a sizeable % of the city that dont even know they have a hockey team....
Posted Image Posted Image

#149 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:53 AM

i've been a hockey fan since my father took me to a minor league game in Nashville in 1966. have been an nhl fan since the mid 70's cemented by watching gretzky's scoring streak unfold. have owned season tickets to every predator home game ever played. part owner of the suite next to carrie underwood (lol, knew that might get some of you guys attention).

in other words i'm anything but a new fan. and in all these years i never remember being for the team that just put my team out of the playoffs. too much emotion and built up hatred you know.

but, wanted you guys to know that because of how classy so many of your canuck posters were on the main predator board i cann't be against you (in these playoffs, lol). and therefore for the little it's worth, will be cheering for you (and was in game 1).

you guys are better than this shark team. like you, we beat them 3 of 4 this year as well. their defense will give the sedin's too much time and space. the sedins, and burrows will take advantage of that in this series. your defense is far better than theirs. your depth is better than theirs. your goaltending is better than theirs. i see no way they can hold you guys to less than 3 goals per game on average, and i'm fairly sure you can hold them below that. i also think you will benefit from having played our defensive oriented, hard working team in the previous series and that will help you against a team like the sharks that rely more on top line skill.

anyway, best of luck from a former opponent.

that was a humbling post...thanks. well we like ur team too because you guys dont play dirty and the coach is a pretty cool fella. Thanks once again.

#150 SCORGASMS

SCORGASMS

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

that was a humbling post...thanks. well we like ur team too because you guys dont play dirty and the coach is a pretty cool fella. Thanks once again.

Why r u thanking him?
Posted Image Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.