The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Dasein

I'd like to see Vancouver sign hometown boy Justin Schultz on JULY 1ST AS A UFA!!!

COME ON HOME SCHULTZY!!! HOLD IT OUT UNTIL YOU CAN COME HOME!!!

The Wolves lost 3-1 to the Peoria Rivermen today. Mark Mancari scored the lone goal for the Wolves, his 26th of the season, with the assists going to Mark Matheson and Byron Bitz. Eddie Lack was in goal and stopped 23 of 25 shots. The 3rd Peoria goal was an empty netter.

what the heck happens if we get rid of Schneider, huh? I say get rid of schneids at a high price and get Makarov. you think Eddie Lack is ready? Makarov is 2 times better at everything he does. but yeah drafting a goalie in the 1st round might not be such a good idea.

draft Tanner Pearson in the 1st round, then Andrey makarov in the 2nd.

Hahahaha, are you kidding me? Makarov is 2 times better at everything he does? There is a big difference between WHL (Junior Hockey) and AHL (Pro Hockey). Not only does Eddie Lack have much better stats at a much higher level of play, but he also has more shutouts than Makarov in 15 less games played. Eddie Lack is considered one of the best goalies in the AHL and is almost NHL ready with tons of room to improve. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way hating on Makarov and I'm sure that he will develop in to a great goalie, but saying that he is 2 times better than Lack is just ridiculous.

The Canucks also have a great goalie by the name of Joe Cannata. He is one of the better goalies in College hockey. He just finished his final season and is capable of being our next AHL starter when/if Eddie Lack moves to the NHL back-up position.

The Canucks drafting a goalie high in the draft isn't a good idea.

Archived