The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Wii U thread

avelanch

Yeah I know how you feel. NHL 15 though.

I'm seriously debating picking up the WiiU after the new SSB comes out, or if they announce a price cut around e3.

Dreaming on my part, but I'd pay ~229.99 for WiiU+MK8

Get the refurbished Wii U for 200. It comes with Nintendo Land. Then buy MK8 for the retail value (~60) and you can get a game like New Super Mario Bros U for free. Then if you think about it you're getting MK8 and NSMBU for half off.

You just pop the game game and play, similar to gamecube on the wii

That's awesome news. I heard you had to buy Wii games off of the virtual store.

Get the refurbished Wii U for 200. It comes with Nintendo Land. Then buy MK8 for the retail value (~60) and you can get a game like New Super Mario Bros U for free. Then if you think about it you're getting MK8 and NSMBU for half off.

Interesting, that's a great price. Thanks for letting me know!

Read the Mario Kart 8 reviews. Seems like Nintendo did a hell of a job.

Question for Wii U owners. Do I need to re-buy my Wii games for it or can I just put in my SSBB disc and play it like normal?

the wii U is 100% backwards compatible (just insert the disk and play), plus you can transfer over any wii-ware game you purchased.

Alright thanks for clarifying guys! Unfortunately I found out you can't use either the GameCube controller or the Wii U Pro Controller with Super Smash Bros. Brawl (or any Wii game) on the U.

no, but you can use this for the new smash brothers:

9yy7-800.jpg

ALSO!

Nintendo knows that there’s a certain subset of its fansbase that has some treasured memories playing Super Smash Bros. Melee with the Gamecube controller. As such, they’ve announced they’repartnering with PDP to bring a Gamecube “inspired” controller to market in time for the release of the Wii U version of the new Super Smash Bros. installment this holiday season.

The Wii U “Fight Pad” is officially licensed by Nintendo and wired, plugging into the Wii Remote External Extension Connector. It will work for more than just Smash Bros, including any Wii or Wii U games that can be played with the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro, and some Virtual Console titles as well. It’ll cost $25.

gamecube.jpg

Really good idea, but a shame it's not coming out soon. Not being able to use a gamecube style controller on Wii U for Brawl is what's keeping me from purchasing it today. It's the one Wii game I still play regularly. I just wish that controller was out now, or Wii U had GC support.

Probably will pick the console up on Boxing Day when they'll be really cheap.

I'm sure you could also ask someone who has one if you could just have their Wii U. Doubt they're using it much. However, the tricky part is tracking someone down who actually has one.

Let me know when you guys get bored with these in a year or two so I can pick up a cheap one :P

In a year or 2 they should be more popular. There will most likely be new Zelda, Metroid, Mario, etc games out by then.

I don't think anyone will get rid of it in a year or 2.

In a year or 2 they should be more popular. There will most likely be new Zelda, Metroid, Mario, etc games out by then.

I don't think anyone will get rid of it in a year or 2.

The original Wii became less popular as years went on, and that was after a terrific start. Though I'm no expert, I'm willing to bet the Wii U will continue to have a tough road ahead of them.

Really good idea, but a shame it's not coming out soon. Not being able to use a gamecube style controller on Wii U for Brawl is what's keeping me from purchasing it today. It's the one Wii game I still play regularly. I just wish that controller was out now, or Wii U had GC support.

What do you do in Brawl that keeps you still playing it to this day?

I bought that game when it came out, and I basically stopped playing after I unlocked all the characters.

What do you do in Brawl that keeps you still playing it to this day?

I bought that game when it came out, and I basically stopped playing after I unlocked all the characters.

Just bought the game two months ago lol and it's a fun 4 player local game.

I'd play Melee over Brawl any day. What annoyed me more than anything were those stupid icons with the super powers.

Most of the rest of the game was quite awesome though, but it doesn't quite feel like it matches up to Melee, even if I can't exactly put my finger on why else.

I'd play Melee over Brawl any day. What annoyed me more than anything were those stupid icons with the super powers.

Most of the rest of the game was quite awesome though, but it doesn't quite feel like it matches up to Melee, even if I can't exactly put my finger on why else.

I dont even play with powerups. We always turn them off. Powerups ruin the game IMO

Melee was my favourite also. I played that game a ton and unlocked all of the trophies. Took quite awhile. I had no problem grinding anything out on that game. I loved going to tourneys that were held sometimes also.

I remember back then the PNE or Playland had that room completely decked out with Nintendo and there was a SSB: Melee section where they held tournaments. It was awesome.

Archived