#91 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Oops, wrong thread.

Edited by NuxFan09, 01 March 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#92 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Blomstrand scored 2 goals on 3 shots and finished +2 for Almtuna in a 5-1 win over Mora IK today. He also went 1 for 3 in the faceoff circle.

#93 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

By the way, this was Blomstrand's last game of the season, as the Allsvenskan regular season is over and Almtuna finished 12th in the conference so they won't be in the playoffs.

Wonder if the Canucks are intent on signing him. Does anyone know his contract status in Sweden?

#94 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

If it would work out and especially if he would be willing to, does anyone else think he would be a good option for the k-wings?

#95 DJ Kreuzberg

DJ Kreuzberg

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

POPULAR

I think he can be a guy ready for the AHL next season. He is a thick guy, with some good speed once he gets going. Should be able to handle the rigors of the AHL better than Rodin has, for example. I would definitely be encouraging Blomstrand to come over next season, i think he needs to play at a quicker pace and more aggressively than in the handful of games i've seen, if he is going to live up to Gilman's billing of a Hansen-mold. The AHL and the right coach can bring that out of him.

Here is a highlight video for him i just completed.

#96 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

^ Sweet video!

If it would work out and especially if he would be willing to, does anyone else think he would be a good option for the k-wings?

I think he's more likely to go straight to the Wolves as he'd probably be immediately better than that goon they currently have on their 4th line LW. Not that Bootland wouldn't say no to it if, in the off chance it came down to that, the Canucks wanted him to go there first.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#97 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

By the looks of that video a Blomstrand-Mallet-Grenier line might click.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#98 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

I think he can be a guy ready for the AHL next season. He is a thick guy, with some good speed once he gets going. Should be able to handle the rigors of the AHL better than Rodin has, for example. I would definitely be encouraging Blomstrand to come over next season, i think he needs to play at a quicker pace and more aggressively than in the handful of games i've seen, if he is going to live up to Gilman's billing of a Hansen-mold. The AHL and the right coach can bring that out of him.

Here is a highlight video for him i just completed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDPNRwOQ4vI

great video, thank you. when he's at his best (AKA in a highlight video :P ) he looks like the type of euro who could excel after making the switch to NA. I hope we see him soon! like canvoucer said, put him with schneider and desbiens and chicago has a pretty good shut down line and could give archie a chance to play more offensively.

#99 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

He really likes to go backhand five hole.

#100 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

I really hope our future 3rd ljne is Blomstrand-Gaunce-Hansen. All 3 are gritty defence-first players with some offensive upside (not really sure about Blomstrand, but Hansen can put up 35-40 and Gaunce may be able to hit 45-55)

zuhwS.gif

#101 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

For next season I'd like to see what kind of damage a line of Blomstrand-Mallet-Grenier could do. Skill and size ftw.

#102 Allt svartnar

Allt svartnar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

Signed and ready.
last.fm | "så kunde därav intet annat följa än allmogens och gemene mans ruin och undergång"

#103 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Signed and ready.

Tried translating this website, came out really scrambled, but the jist of it is that Blomstrand signed a 3-year ELC last night, and is flying over today or tomorrow. Can anyone who reads Swedish confirm?

zuhwS.gif

#104 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Team 1040 things this guy is a undrafted free agent. Lol

#105 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Awesome!

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#106 Allt svartnar

Allt svartnar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

the jist of it is that Blomstrand signed a 3-year ELC last night, and is flying over today or tomorrow.

Yes. To play in the AHL. Probably, he says. Thought the contract offer was "unlikely" according to the paper without actually providing any context to the one-word quote. All he knows about the deal is that it is three years. He just took it, being a boyhood dream and all.
last.fm | "så kunde därav intet annat följa än allmogens och gemene mans ruin och undergång"

#107 LostViking

LostViking

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'm assuming the "Unlikely" in the article refers to the chances of him going straight to the Canucks. Something along the lines of, Blomstrand has signed with the Canucks, his chances of making the NHL right away are unlikely, and he will probably join their AHL team. The article seems to go from signing with the Canucks, to the word unlikely randomly appearing, to talking about the AHL, so thats my conclusion.

Good for Ludwig, I'm excited for him to come over and to see what he can do.
Posted Image

#108 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Happy to hear he's signed. One more prospect in the fold. Problem is, the AHL and ECHL are getting over-stocked. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

#109 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Team 1040 things this guy is a undrafted free agent. Lol

So glad that our primary sports radio station usually has no idea what they are talking about.
Posted Image

#110 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

Happy to hear he's signed. One more prospect in the fold. Problem is, the AHL and ECHL are getting over-stocked. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

And where might that Farm team be next season ? Chicago hasn't really worked to well or so it seems

#111 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

POPULAR

So glad that our primary sports radio station usually has no idea what they are talking about.

No kidding. Embarrassing.

If anyone from the Team 1040 is reading this, get your sh** together, please, and get yourselves at least as educated as us message board folks on Canucks prospects. It's an area that fans are becoming increasingly interested in. Same goes for the people at the Province or Sun. I mean, I have the Ducks beat writer on my twitter and he's on every prospect signing and every so often provides updates on prospects. This is a writer from a California market. What excuse do media personalities from a hockey mad Vancouver market have?

#112 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

And where might that Farm team be next season ? Chicago hasn't really worked to well or so it seems

I was talking about the rest of this season for now. Hopefully next season the Canucks switch affiliations or take ownership of one so that it can be more hospitable to their prospects.

Edited by NuxFan09, 15 March 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#113 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

This was out of the blue signing.

Maybe MG might have a deal involving some prospects and he is reassuring his depth with other signing of his draftees.

2moy3iq.png

#114 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

This was out of the blue signing.

Maybe MG might have a deal involving some prospects and he is reassuring his depth with other signing of his draftees.

Or ya know, he might have taken note of Blomstrands excellent play post trade. He has a higher gpg than Filip Forsberg. We'll be taking a few useless contracts off the books this offseason in Rai, Schneider and Gordon

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#115 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

a swede on the 4th line? interesting I guess

#116 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

He has Hansen written all over him.

Great wheels, works his butt off every night, limited offensive upside. The exact same thing was said about Hansen.

Also another Gradin pick.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#117 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,493 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

2012-13 Posted Image Djurgården J20 Posted Image SuperElit 7 2 1 3 0 -1 | Posted Image Djurgården Posted Image Allsvenskan 14 0 0 0 8 -1 | Posted Image Almtuna Posted Image Allsvenskan 30 13 6 19 12 2 |

Tournament Statistics 2011-12 Posted Image Djurgården Posted Image ET 2 0 0 0 0 | 2012-13 Posted Image Djurgården Posted Image ET 6 3 0 3 4 |

I am confused, did he start the year Almtuna then get traded back to Djurgarden? He has spent his career with Djurgarden.

His number with Almtuna are excellent. Kopitar scored 10 goals in 31 games.

Either way good move. I can see him being a Jordan Nolan type player for us.
Sig too big.

#118 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

i believe the 6 games where he had three goals this season was in a pre season euro tournament they were involved in.

Does anyone have a realistic comparison of what the allsvenskan is like compared to college hockey or juniors? I really haven't been able to figure out what the skill level there is, or what the drop of is from the SEL.

Edited by wshdrvvn, 15 March 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#119 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

i believe the 6 games where he had three goals this season was in a pre season euro tournament they were involved in.

Does anyone have a realistic comparison of what the allsvenskan is like compared to college hockey or juniors? I really haven't been able to figure out what the skill level there is, or what the drop of is from the SEL.

The Allsvenskan is to the SEL what the AHL is to the NHL, so since the the SEL is a level down from the NHL, I'd say the Allsvenskan league is a bit of a step down from the AHL. I'm not sure how it would compare to the NCAA. College hockey is just a different beast altogether.

Edited by NuxFan09, 15 March 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#120 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

I've heard the Allsvenskan isn't that different from the SEL, actually, so take it what it's worth.

Either way, great to hear he's coming over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.