The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Sharks IceBreakers

A full lineup tonight takes to the ice tonight for San Jose Sharks! GM Primal Optimist was at the coaches side, as is his usual hands on approach, during a presser before the morning skate.

"We really couldn't be happier to see such a robust group on the ice today, Our de facto prime time line will be centered by Spezza, with Briere continuing the experiment out on the right wing, where he has been comfortable in the past, Steve Sullivan will remain on the left. Down at the fourth line we are happy to keep "Jack, Steve and Jeff Hanson" together in the form of Bass, Boll and Thornton. With this 'energy' line able to play high tempo hockey, the other side should think twice about messing with our scorers and Big Bob, who will be in the cage tonight. As for our middle six forwards, they know they are the heart and soul of this team, for instance BMO the other day, putting up 18 points in a game, and before him Brodziak, before him ANdrei Kostitsyn, before him Travis Moen. You get the idea. The engine of this team is its middle six forwards, and I have every expectation that Marco Sturm and Niklas Hagman will take their turns pitching in. That is how we envisioned the season to unfold and how we built this team. To use a Shark Week euphimism, we envisioned a feeding frenzy, wherein every Shark on the ice would get a sniff of blood in the water." P.O. said eagerly to kick off the media scrum.

He added later, "The Defense is really deep tonight, we are going to put rookie TJ Brodie up with Sami Salo, as the dynamics of that pairing are just begging to be explored. While we have six Dmen taking the warmup, Zbynek remains a game time decision and is not expected to play. He has been suffering headaches since a hit to the head on November 26th and while he passed initial baseline testing, our team docs have concluded that he is in fact recovering from a concussion.

Steve Sullivan4p, Jason Spezza7p, Danny Briere5p

Travis Moen0p, Kyle Brodziak, Andrei Kostitsyn0p

Niklas Hagman0p, Brendan Morrison7p, Marco Sturm0p

Jared Boll5p, Cody Bassdnp, Shawn Thornton5p

Sami Salo6p, TJ Brodie

Derek Morris7p, Henrik Tallinder0p

Mike Lundin, Zbynek Michalek+dnp

Sergei Bobrovskydnp

i like your updates...better than mine...hahahaha

i guess they are full of bad grammar and stuff but i allways try my best :D

Blues News

Brenden Morrow will return to the lineup tonight.

He´ll start on the 3rd Line and we hope he´ll give the team a little boost.

The Blues have Full Strenght on their 4 Lines and also on their 3 Defence Pairings.

It doesn´t seems that Olesz,Szczechura and Prosser will see any NHL Ice Time soon but the Season is still long and a lot of things could happen.

Now we are still waiting for Chris Campoli´s return.

This could make room for a Deal on our Defence Section.

20 Points last Night were solid for 5 Players.

Big Night for a lot of Teams today....hope for some more BIG POINTS.

Colton Teubert will get a bit longer look by Edmonton now that Andy Sutton is suspended indefinately by the league for yet another leaping headshot. he was previously suspended 5 games for hitting Landeskog, and a slew of other incidents during his tenure in the league.

His first NHL game was in the 98-99 season, and he has amassed almost 1200 penalty minutes in 640 games played. One mans time out is another mans opportunity. Teubert will remain in our lineup for a while where we will see if he can capitalize on the icetime.

Recall/Assignment:

The Montreal Canadiens have recalled F Jeff Taffe from North Dakota. To make room for Jeff on the roster, the Habs have assigned F Joe Colborne to the Fighting Sioux. He does not require waivers.

Taffe will dress as the 13th forward, while Colton Gillies will move up to the left-wing on the 4th line.

I am pretty sure Patrick made it to my farm team intact, now that the 24 hour period has passed. It was hard to bite my tongue after your posts...in short though, your right he would have to add something, and its my opinion that this guy does bring something. He averages a point every two games, he is an above average offensive player on a downward trend. Trends, however, can be broken, like a scoring drought, eventually the guy scores again and all is forgotten. I really wanted Patrick on my lineup, and after he was waived in real life i really wanted him on my farm team. I was doing two things with my post about bottom teams not snagging waived players: making sure everyone had a reasonable chance to see I waived him, so no one could complain, and also trying my hand at a bit of reverse psychology. I mean really: who wouldnt want a point every two games guy on their farm team for dirt cheap? about 100 real life players get those kind of points a year...that is less than four per roster, I would say that is worth 600k of farm team cap space as a 'maybe'.

;)

Very happy to have Patrick securely on the farm, and we hope to see him if San Jose makes the playoffs.

I am pretty sure Patrick made it to my farm team intact, now that the 24 hour period has passed. It was hard to bite my tongue after your posts...in short though, your right he would have to add something, and its my opinion that this guy does bring something. He averages a point every two games, he is an above average offensive player on a downward trend. Trends, however, can be broken, like a scoring drought, eventually the guy scores again and all is forgotten. I really wanted Patrick on my lineup, and after he was waived in real life i really wanted him on my farm team. I was doing two things with my post about bottom teams not snagging waived players: making sure everyone had a reasonable chance to see I waived him, so no one could complain, and also trying my hand at a bit of reverse psychology. I mean really: who wouldnt want a point every two games guy on their farm team for dirt cheap? about 100 real life players get those kind of points a year...that is less than four per roster, I would say that is worth 600k of farm team cap space as a 'maybe'.

;)

Very happy to have Patrick securely on the farm, and we hope to see him if San Jose makes the playoffs.

This is a very good point which I had not considered. My apologies, and I will heed the advice. I really did not intend it that way, but looking back, that is exactly how it came across. :mellow:

Honestly not backtracking: I noticed that i wedged his waiver notice between two other of my posts, and wanted to make sure people knew he was waived, so i wouldn't catch flack for trying to hide it...and figured if i pointed it out, that would be like begging someone to take him..so i thought "hey, I will go over the top and not only beg someone to take him but demand someone take him..that way, no one will take him".

You don't have to believe me Sharpshooter, et al, but its true none the less.

EDIT: and yes...i am a silly person.

it's all good, I like direct and to the point..works well, if its well intention-ed.

now, I have just gotten back from my last supper....dreaded blood work tomorrow for over two hours strait...fml....so how is my team doin?

Steve Sullivan4p, Jason Spezza7p, Danny Briere5p

Travis Moen0p, Kyle Brodziak20p, Andrei Kostitsyn0p

Niklas Hagman0p, Brendan Morrison7p, Marco Sturm0p

Jared Boll5p, Cody Bassdnp, Shawn Thornton5p

Sami Salo6p, TJ Brodie

Derek Morris7p, Henrik Tallinder0p

Mike Lundin2p, Zbynek Michalek+dnp

Sergei Bobrovskydnp

68 points and four dudes still on the ice. Not terrible, but not great. Our 'engine' needed to fire on more cylinders than that...lol

Archived