The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US to Start ‘Trade Wars’ with Nations Opposed to Monsanto

Buggernut

Good to see that you label an article as "propaganda" without even reading it :lol:

As a biology student, I find the opposition to genetically modified food to be laughable. For the record, I don't stand by any of the unethical business practices of Monsanto, but the bias against genetic modification itself is ridiculous.

Good to see that you label an article as "propaganda" without even reading it :lol:

As a biology student, I find the opposition to genetically modified food to be laughable. For the record, I don't stand by any of the unethical business practices of Monsanto, but the bias against genetic modification itself is ridiculous.

This is why we need to fund government departments like the Agricultural Land Commission better. Too many BC Farms are being bought by speculators wanting to wipe out the good soil and put up new developments. Food is a basic part of human existence. No food. No society.

So it affects us all.

One scientist says that organic food can't supply the whole planet? Has he/she even done studies to support this? Sustainability is more important than a short term boost in productivity. Maybe we should also look at trying to curb our planet's population growth rate. Something that's entirely within our control.

This is why we need to fund government departments like the Agricultural Land Commission better. Too many BC Farms are being bought by speculators wanting to wipe out the good soil and put up new developments. Food is a basic part of human existence. No food. No society.

So it affects us all.

One scientist says that organic food can't supply the whole planet? Has he/she even done studies to support this? Sustainability is more important than a short term boost in productivity. Maybe we should also look at trying to curb our planet's population growth rate. Something that's entirely within our control.

• 3 months later...

Archived