The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicest Canuck/hockey Player That You Have Met

MrCuttingCrewed

I met David booth in Florida when the Canucks were down there. He's a pretty nice guy and didn't mind talking but obviously wanted to watch the game. Also I met brendan Morrison but I was like 5. I remember getting his autograph and him being extremely friendly. Also met the sedins before they got really famous in about 2004. They were extremely humble and nice kinda quiet but they were amazing

I ran into the Darcy "The Mayor" Rota at Horseshoe Bay. He was walking his dogs and waiting for his wife. For those that weren't around, he was a sniper back in the '82 cup final days, but had to end his career due to injury. He was not only the nicest Canuck, but a pretty sweet guy as well. He signed my hat and was generally interested in what I was doing and where I was from. He later re-approached me after he saw that my GF had an iPhone and asked if I wanted to take a picture with him. Blew me away, as I was just a kid when they made the run to the finals in '82.

Paul Kariya's Uncle taught me Chemistry in grade 12. We always tried to get him to bring in his nephew, he always said maybe to keep our hopes up. Never met Kariya but still his uncle taught me all about neutrons and atoms and what not. Does that count for famous?

Worked at a downtown Vancouver theatre (which no longer exists) in the 90's. Lots of Canucks and opposition players would go see a movie on off days, had the chance to meet dozens of players. Most would stop and talk about hockey ro the movie they were about to see.

Hands down....Linden, Ronning and Gelinas were the nicest Canucks. I'd probably give Ronning the edge.

King Richard awesome

Tiger Willams.. not so pleasant and I'll leave it at that.

As for nicest NHL player for me, hands down Rick Martin. Send him a letter asking if he would be willing to sign a puck fo me, he said yes. Sent the puck and he delivered the puck himself to me because he was in town to visit his sister in law Could not believe my eyes when I opened the door. RIP Mr. Martin

Gino Odjeck was super friendly the few times I've met him. Bure was pretty cool too when I met him, talked and signed without any complaints or feelings like I was bothering him.

And Volpatti, but he's a buddy of mine so that doesn't really count.

Weber was a pretty cool guy when he was younger, haven't seen him for about 7 years though.

Darcy Rota was always super nice, but I was young. He's related to family friends, so he would visit a lot in the summer so I'd see him a lot.

Archived