The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Is Wrong With The Canucks?

CanucksFanMike

To me, and im not putting the blame on Luongo, but i believe a contributing factor is that Lu is either injured or is starting to get really anxious/nervous/forward-looking to the playoffs, and that might be effecting his ability to focus on the now. On top of that, we're not playing good enough defensively and other than last night when we got 4 goals and Henrik actually got a couple points... Our supposed best players have not been producing, have not even been playing an inspired enough game to win.

What's wrong with the Canucks? :rolleyes:

What's wrong with you guys??

We have been on top of the league! We still are second in the west! We still are third overall!

We kicked some asses along the way! Won the really important games! Remember home streaking Wings? Who stopped them? (Burrows of course <3)

I wanna see you playing a hard game like this for 5 months and don't getting tired... All they need is a little rest and what's the best time if not now? Just let them be... for god's sake...

Playoffs are still ahead and they WILL get up and give us some great hockey! I can't wait for them to get back on track and I know they will rock!

Cry babies... :P

Just wait... :wub:

Well the team hasn't been playing consistently well all year first of all.

Secondly if the Sedins slump it becomes obvious with the parity in the league that any team is capable of beating us. The Sedins are what elevate the Canucks to an "elite" team.

Thirdly if Luongo slumps it's the same as above as really his overall numbers are middle of the pack.

Combine the slumping twins with a slumping Lu and you get well... The Habs b1tch slapping us around in our rink on national television.

IMO those are the main reasons for "what's wrong with the Canucks". I won't even bother with our inconsistent and revolving door d lineup

They haven't been playing well for most of 2012. People kept saying "don't hit the panic button, the playoffs are still a long ways away". Well, the playoffs aren't that far away now, they are still struggling, at a time when almost everyone else in the West seems to be turning it up a notch.

What I saw last night:

The good:

Forwards; great offensive zone pressure. Sometimes the passing stuff didnt go as planned, but they still had the smarts to go to plan B and just get the puck to the net. The sedins are opting to go more simple and even showed a little bit of nasty! I even liked mason raymond. He was going to the dirty areas, he was fast, he was shifty. Our offence was HUNGRY looking.

Defence: 99% of the time as soon as possesion was had in our end the first pass/breakout was very effective. They moved the puck pretty well.

Roberto: Bobby-lou made a bunch of timely saves early on turnovers after long periods of inactivity. This should have alarmed the team to play a little more carefully once we were up 2-0.

The bad.

Forwards: There wasnt any support up high for when the dmen pinched to keep the puck in the zone. This was part of the reason we kept getting burnt on 2-1 and 3-1's. Forwards were caugh so far back that there was next to no backpressure entering our zone. once the forwards did enter the zone they collapsed to the net so hard that we were leaving 2 or 3 open guys at the top of the circle and blueline with a perfect screen of blue for Lou to contend with. We also got caught having 2 men chase the puck while on the penalty kill. This resulted in a goal.

Defence: Poor choices with the puck and pinching. There is no need to go after a 50/50 pinch when your team is up 2-0. We werent using our game-sense here. The defence coach is responsible for this blunder in my opinion, its a game management thing. There was poor coverage aroudn the net too that I attribute to some of the pairing changes. I think sometimes they forgot what side of the ice they were supposed to be on.

Roberto: After 10 mins roberto knew what was starting to happen. I think he started clenching his bunghole after this. You could see him struggle to see pucks. Rebound control which is normally very good was off, and he was overplaying at times. his timing seemed off, he looked nervous. It was not his finest game, but he was making the first save. Had we played schneider im not sure he could have done any better, but we might have made it to overtime as I believe the doan goal would have been saved. schneider I think would have had that one, he would have just gone to the post IMO.

So to sum up... Could have been worse, should have been better.

IMO.They might have assumed with managments commitment to winning that more help was coming at the deadline.The new players are still finding their way.Being a top team,they arent comfortable playing their successful road style at home.Lots of teams are in do or die mode.I'm more concerned about the defense than the forwards.

Yup, everything that's wrong with the team is Raymonds fault. Odd man rushes due to a pinching d-man....Raymonds fault. Sedins/Burrows in a drought....Raymonds fault. First PP unit not producing....Raymonds fault.Lou letting in a softy....Raymonds fault.

yes, this applies even when Raymond is on the bench because he's giving everybody the stink eye.

Archived