Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Why Are People Acting Like St Louis Has Won The West?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

#1 Dun Caesar

Dun Caesar

Comets Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

They have played 2 more games than us, and are up 6 points. I think I even heard Mike Keenan say this morning on Sportsnet, "well now that Vancouver knows they can't catch St Louis.............." Um what? I know they are in first, but seriously? We have NO CHANCE OF CATCHING an average team who has somehow been on fire recently? SMH.
Lex Luger

#2 PENGUINScanFLY

PENGUINScanFLY

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

But do they even want to catch St Louis?

Edited by PENGUINScanFLY, 16 March 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#3 AbbyNucksFan

AbbyNucksFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

average team?

lol

St. Louis is a GOOD team.
Posted Image

Credit to LostViking for the sig! Thanks!

#4 Arman_Canucks21

Arman_Canucks21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

Right now, St.Louis scares me the most in the west, and yes, even more than the Red Wings.

#5 JoGuitar

JoGuitar

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

The way we're playing and the way they're playing right now would indicate we won't catch them.
Posted Image

#6 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Dude have you seen how the canucks have been playing recently? If they keep playing crap like that they wont catch up to them

#7 Stizz19

Stizz19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Andy Macdonald is out for the rest of the regular season now.

#8 CanucksBen

CanucksBen

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Detroits not scary at all, St. Louis is a little better, but have proven nothing in the playoffs, we got to game 7 with a similar team

Posted Image

"Skatin' around, bunch of mice on the ice, showin' off the moves we learn'd"

If I make a joke, and it hurts your feelings, eff off you pansy b*tches

#9 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

have you seen the canucks or wings play recently?

#10 JimmEh

JimmEh

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

If there were more games left and the canucks weren't sucking I'd think they could catch up. as is? no
QUOTE (Krazz @ Apr 13 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stick around long enough, and you'll realize that the idiots on this board outnumbers quality people 5 to 1.

#11 Vigneault's Timeout

Vigneault's Timeout

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Detroits not scary at all, St. Louis is a little better, but have proven nothing in the playoffs, we got to game 7 with a similar team

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 CodyHodgson's #1fan

CodyHodgson's #1fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

I do think that we could catch up to St.Louis, but in order to do so we need to really step it up !! St. Louis has 6 points more than us but have played 2 games more than us as well. So that can potentially mean that we could POTENTIALLY be only 2 points behind them, so one game. But the key word is potentially because to make this happen we have to win our next 3 games and they have to lose there next game in order to even everything out. But right now the way we are playing and teh way St.Louis is playing... its iffy to see that happen although I do believe that we can still do it and run away with at least first in the west ( But of course hopefully the presidents throphy again would be nice too :) )
Always will love and support Cody Hodgson, great player, great potential great character, and I don't care about those stupid rumours about the trade. And we lost him, what a dissapointment. Love you COHO, forever a canuck in my heart!

One day Luongo will raise Lord Stanley's cup.
And show all those haters that he is the amazing goalie that he is.
No matter what jersey he wears, I will always be cheering for Luongo.

Forever Believe.

#13 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,875 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

We actually can't catch them, if we don't start winning more than they are. Also, a rested and healthy 2nd place team is preferable to a tired/injured 1st place one.

Edited by D-Money, 16 March 2012 - 12:02 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,026 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

average team?

lol

St.L has been creeping the top teams for the last few seasons. The team looks ready and let them have it . We can slip under the radar and do some real damage in the first round. :) GO NUCKS GO !

Edited by vanfan73, 16 March 2012 - 12:06 PM.

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#15 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,500 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

I stopped reading at 'Mike Keenan say'

It's like Milbury giving trade advice.
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#16 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,026 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Detroit is scary bro.....and the fact you have no clue how scary they are is just mind boggling ?

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#17 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Who cares? They can have it. St Louis doesn't scare me.

Only the Canucks scare me. When they play at the top of their game they can't be beat. It is just up to them to play like they can.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#18 Edler Is a Beast

Edler Is a Beast

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

St Louis is hot, Vancouver is slumping. We CAN catch them but we won't. Who cares anyways? Look what winning the President's trophy got us last year? Squat. Get into the playoffs, get a decent seed (2nd) and fight to the top, who cares where they finish as long as they're in the playoffs lol.

#19 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Right now, St.Louis scares me the most in the west, and yes, even more than the Red Wings.

Nothing scares me more than Nashville.

TBH I am not even scared of Detroit at all.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#20 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

1. They are motivated.
2. They are motivated.
3. They are motivated.

#21 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,533 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Be afraid....be very afraid!!!!!!

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#22 justsayin

justsayin

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

Who cares? They can have it. St Louis doesn't scare me.

Only the Canucks scare me. When they play at the top of their game they can't be beat. It is just up to them to play like they can.

Agreed. Unfortunately, that is rare this season.

#23 canuckleface77

canuckleface77

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

average team?

lol

VERY good.

Sorry OP, you lost all credibility with the average comment. Have you ever watched St. Louis play?

#24 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

You're right, until it is statistically proven that the Blues have won the division, then the Canucks are not out of it. That said, anyone who has watched a Canucks game in the last 3 weeks would say that there is a lot be concerned about; and that they don't have a chance at catching the Blues.

I'm definitely not one to jump off the bandwagon or get overly concerned every time the Canucks have a rough patch; however, this is now a full fledged problem.

Before, it was a popular belief that the Canucks needed more toughness to win the cup, a sentiment I did not share, nor still believe was needed after the addition of Booth; they just needed there current players to stick up for themselves and their teammates more. "But we need someone to stick up to Marchand, and, and, and, and." Hockey players are generally pretty tough, and the Canucks lineup was plenty strong enough. The issue has turned into the Sedin's in a massive funk going into the playoffs.

It's not that the Canucks are not a good team, they are. Other people also say (media in Vancouver) also say, "Look at the other teams who were favoured to make the finals. Boston is M.I.A., Detroit is playing poorly, the Rangers have posted a particularly mediocre record as of late." This argument means nothing. Going into the playoffs last year, the two hottest teams at the time went the furthest. That seems to be the case again, just like it usually is. Pittsburgh, Ottawa, and a hot Washington team will be the teams to watch in the East, while Nashville, St. Louis, and a surging Dallas team will come out top on the West. I hate to say it, but the hottest teams going into the playoffs more often than not make it to the finals. Unless the Canucks turn it around now, they'll be out of it.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#25 timmylu1

timmylu1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

because they have a healthy lead and their playing good hockey 2 things the canucks dont have

#26 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Have you ever watched St. Louis play?

I remember watching them Mar 1 :)
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#27 Mata10

Mata10

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

They have played 2 more games than us, and are up 6 points. I think I even heard Mike Keenan say this morning on Sportsnet, "well now that Vancouver knows they can't catch St Louis.............." Um what? I know they are in first, but seriously? We have NO CHANCE OF CATCHING an average team who has somehow been on fire recently? SMH.

Hm. By "average" do you mean good? And by "recently" do you mean all season? I don't agree that we can't catch them. But give them credit! They're on top for a reason.

#28 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Well, even if we do catch up with the two games in hand and end up 2 points behind St Louis, making up 2 points this late in the season is not an easy feat.

Yes, you're right, it is possible that the Canucks will catch up. Should we actually expect them to? Wellll.. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Besides, it doesn't matter anyways. It's not like anyone is going around saying the Canucks are worse than St Louis, just that they are likely going into the playoffs at a lower seed. Big deal. Only difference it makes is who plays who in the first round, really.

... is anyone else bored to tears at the thought of a St. Louis/Nashville matchup?

#29 Dun Caesar

Dun Caesar

Comets Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

VERY good.

Sorry OP, you lost all credibility with the average comment. Have you ever watched St. Louis play?

Yup. I'm pretty sure nobody picked them to make the playoffs this year, before the season started. And I am also pretty sure they won't get out of the first round, regardless of opponent.
Lex Luger

#30 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

The way the team is playing, we could likely finish closer to Calgary than St Louis in the standings. :bigblush:

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.