The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Are People Acting Like St Louis Has Won The West?

Dun Caesar

They have played 2 more games than us, and are up 6 points. I think I even heard Mike Keenan say this morning on Sportsnet, "well now that Vancouver knows they can't catch St Louis.............." Um what? I know they are in first, but seriously? We have NO CHANCE OF CATCHING an average team who has somehow been on fire recently? SMH.

I do think that we could catch up to St.Louis, but in order to do so we need to really step it up !! St. Louis has 6 points more than us but have played 2 games more than us as well. So that can potentially mean that we could POTENTIALLY be only 2 points behind them, so one game. But the key word is potentially because to make this happen we have to win our next 3 games and they have to lose there next game in order to even everything out. But right now the way we are playing and teh way St.Louis is playing... its iffy to see that happen although I do believe that we can still do it and run away with at least first in the west ( But of course hopefully the presidents throphy again would be nice too :) )

St Louis is hot, Vancouver is slumping. We CAN catch them but we won't. Who cares anyways? Look what winning the President's trophy got us last year? Squat. Get into the playoffs, get a decent seed (2nd) and fight to the top, who cares where they finish as long as they're in the playoffs lol.

Archived