Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Should Nhl Allow Radulov Back This Year?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#31 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

I think we have found a new loop hole that needs to be fixed. I am surprised he is being welcomed with open arms from the team he left. I also feel that he may not make the kind of impact that should worry any playoff team.
Posted Image

#32 toyotafan

toyotafan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

If Nashville does well and Radulov is a force there is going to be alot of noise about this. But even without him Nasville is a legitiment threat this year, they are solid from the blueline back. I am glad they are shaping up to be Detroits' 1st round opponent, it means we will only have to go through 1 of those two. Maybe neither.

#33 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

A lot of whining and sour grapes in here. Radulov had an existing NHL contract with the Preds. Its not like Turco who was signed to a new contract afer the deadline. And its not some huge loophole that other teams are going to exploit. Seriously, what star player would allow himself to be buried in another league and have his NHL contract suspended just so they could bring him back at some point in the future to help a potential cup run? It's a unique situation that I can't see being used a a strategy by any other team. For those of you saying there should be a pealty. There is. By bringing Radulov back now they are essentially burning off the remaining year he owes them for a couple weeks of regular season games and the playoffs. It's their risk to take. Quit whining.. If the Canucks where in the same situation and Gillis bolstered the teams chance at a cup by making the same move you'd be lauding him as a genius.

Edited by qwijibo, 21 March 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#34 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,904 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Should they? no
Will they? yes, but only because it's an open loophole and they kind of have to.
Will the loophole be closed in the next CBA? abso-freakin-lutely.

#35 miked1101

miked1101

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

I think we have found a new loop hole that needs to be fixed. I am surprised he is being welcomed with open arms from the team he left. I also feel that he may not make the kind of impact that should worry any playoff team.

I agree, with all the attention he's getting they may have well put laurels on his head and driven him from the airport through Nashville on a chariot. Seems they are quick to forgive him when things are going well for them, let's see what happens when/if things start going south.
Posted Image

#36 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

A lot of whining and sour grapes in here. Radulov had an existing NHL contract with the Preds. Its not like Turco who was signed to a new contract afer the deadline. And its not some huge loophole that other teams are going to exploit. Seriously, what star player would allow himself to be buried in another league and have his NHL contract suspended just so they could bring him back at some point in the future to help a potential cup run? It's a unique situation that I can't see being used a a strategy by any other team. For those of you saying there should be a pealty. There is. By bringing Radulov back now they are essentially burning off the remaining year he owes them for a couple weeks of regular season games and the playoffs. It's their risk to take. Quit whining.. If the Canucks where in the same situation and Gillis bolstered the teams chance at a cup by making the same move you'd be lauding him as a genius.

I hear what you are saying but I just feel that the rosters should be frozen after the trade deadline. Even if he is under contract, he was not playing in the NHL or AHL before the deadline.

Edited by Snake Doctor, 21 March 2012 - 11:32 AM.

Posted Image

#37 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

I agree, with all the attention he's getting they may have well put laurels on his head and driven him from the airport through Nashville on a chariot. Seems they are quick to forgive him when things are going well for them, let's see what happens when/if things start going south.

That is a good point you brought up. Let's see what happens when things don't work out. They have 2 huge free agents that need to be re-signed in Webber and Sutter. If Radulov has not changed his mentality it could drive these guys to sign elsewhere. Furthermore, can this guy play in the NHL, let alone in the playoffs. He could just destroy the teams chemistry created all season long.
Posted Image

#38 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

I hear what you are saying but I just feel that the rosters should be frozen after the trade deadline. Even if he is under contract, he was not playing in the NHL or AHL before the deadline.

Why make the distinction between the AHL and the KHL?. The fact remains that Nashville had the player under contract. By your logic a star player who was off all year rehabbing an injury and was on the LTIR instead of the active roster shouldn't be able to return after the trade deadline becasue the rosters are frozen.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.