The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Nhl Allow Radulov Back This Year?

ABNuck

The preds got royaly screwed by the radulov situation. even if he didn't have a contract i feel that he should have had to go back to them anyways. It's only fair. Yes he is really good and makes them a better team but he is their's. Glad he is coming back, very exciting player.

The preds got royaly screwed by the radulov situation. even if he didn't have a contract i feel that he should have had to go back to them anyways. It's only fair. Yes he is really good and makes them a better team but he is their's. Glad he is coming back, very exciting player.

After his papers are filed he should be suspended by the NHL for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs. He skipped out on his contract to head to the KHL and the NHL needs to make an example of him. This is a good time for the NHL to show some balls. I would feel the same no matter who he is or what team he played for.

If Nashville does well and Radulov is a force there is going to be alot of noise about this. But even without him Nasville is a legitiment threat this year, they are solid from the blueline back. I am glad they are shaping up to be Detroits' 1st round opponent, it means we will only have to go through 1 of those two. Maybe neither.

A lot of whining and sour grapes in here. Radulov had an existing NHL contract with the Preds. Its not like Turco who was signed to a new contract afer the deadline. And its not some huge loophole that other teams are going to exploit. Seriously, what star player would allow himself to be buried in another league and have his NHL contract suspended just so they could bring him back at some point in the future to help a potential cup run? It's a unique situation that I can't see being used a a strategy by any other team. For those of you saying there should be a pealty. There is. By bringing Radulov back now they are essentially burning off the remaining year he owes them for a couple weeks of regular season games and the playoffs. It's their risk to take. Quit whining.. If the Canucks where in the same situation and Gillis bolstered the teams chance at a cup by making the same move you'd be lauding him as a genius.

A lot of whining and sour grapes in here. Radulov had an existing NHL contract with the Preds. Its not like Turco who was signed to a new contract afer the deadline. And its not some huge loophole that other teams are going to exploit. Seriously, what star player would allow himself to be buried in another league and have his NHL contract suspended just so they could bring him back at some point in the future to help a potential cup run? It's a unique situation that I can't see being used a a strategy by any other team. For those of you saying there should be a pealty. There is. By bringing Radulov back now they are essentially burning off the remaining year he owes them for a couple weeks of regular season games and the playoffs. It's their risk to take. Quit whining.. If the Canucks where in the same situation and Gillis bolstered the teams chance at a cup by making the same move you'd be lauding him as a genius.

I agree, with all the attention he's getting they may have well put laurels on his head and driven him from the airport through Nashville on a chariot. Seems they are quick to forgive him when things are going well for them, let's see what happens when/if things start going south.

Archived