Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

[Pgt] Canucks @ Blackhawks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
284 replies to this topic

#271 Canucks4always

Canucks4always

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Zoinks! That hit was clearly aimed straight for the head. That is exactly the garbage we don't need in this league.

If you want to do something about concussions right now, suspend Keith for the rest of the regular season. The players should all know this by now!

Maybe this is one of those "come together as a team" games that puts us on the right track.

Get well Daniel!
Travel!
Live off $1 a day and love it!
Put life into real perspective!

#272 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

Kassian had his best game since the first two tonite.
DEfinitely liked what i saw from him and his ability to protect the puck along the boards, i hope he gets some more ice time soon.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#273 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

at least we can expect a win tomorrow night!

March pattern: W L L W L L W L L so next one should be a W;O)

#274 Cindilette

Cindilette

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

The boys did their best tonight and at least we got 1 point. Although I'm not happy with losing tonight, I'm pretty happy of what kind of effort they showed (very different from the previous night).

Honestly, I wish Duncan Keith gets suspended. I saw a recap of what he did (missed it the first time) and literally, he aimed for Danny's head. That should be automatically a suspension. I hope Shanahan doesn't disappoint. We don't need dirty plays like that in the league .

As a payback to Hawks, I hope we destroy them like last year the next time we see them in this year's playoff.

Get well Danny. Hope you are going to be better by April 11th.

Edited by Cindilette, 21 March 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#275 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

Well regardless of how we played it goes to show were missing that forward depth and it hurts a lot.
In order to win the team needs to score and day over the past few months they have been struggling with the odd better game here and there. Team is very inconsistent and our lines need a lot of work which is quite concerning
going into the playoffs.

It seems that AV is looking to find that sweet spot and get some chemistry in the lineup. The next two weeks is all about small tweak adjustments to get the players ready for the playoffs.
With that being said our top point leader has been taken out of the game and we don't know for how long. Hope he makes a speedy recovery and come back just in time bringing his best game for the playoffs.

Unfortunately unless the moons and the stars don't line up in a perfect way, we will have a very tough time during the playoffs. With our current rooster we are still lacking scoring and depth defenseman but we do have a little extra on the size... Hope that can lead us far this playoff run.
Posted Image

#276 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,194 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

Vancouver Sun: Some positives for Vancouver Canucks, despite loss - http://bit.ly/GN6uJ0

307mg00.jpg

#277 LindenTheLegend

LindenTheLegend

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

After wacthing the last few games I am really excited for the playoffs, our team looks more geared for the playofss then other years. We are a much gritter team that can play many different styles, we can be the team that needs to crash and bang but also, once we get back on track, we can light up the scoreboard.

#278 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,758 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Ya, i agree, it's a fine line. But I suggested someone go up to Keith, say what I said, and drop the mitts on the ice. It visually shows that someone on the Canucks wants Keith to step up. And it makes Keith look like an absolute fool for not steppin up. Bieksa/Kassian may have challenged him (we don't know), but if we (and the rest of the league) visually see a Canuck go up to Keith and drop the mitts - we KNOW they mean business. Then if Keith doesn't want to do, you go to Bollig - he most likely would.

Like I said, there are many teams in the league that do it all the time. It's 10 games away from the playoffs, your leading scorer and asst cptn just took an elbow to the face. They are professional hockey players, they should figure it out. A message needs to be sent.

The funny thing is though, plays like this go WAY down in the playoffs.

Players aren't afraid to get suspended in the regular season because it seems like "Oh I'll only have to sit 2 or 3 games if I take out a star player, so why not?" It's a joke, no one's afraid of the weak discipline the league hands out.

Playoffs on the other hand, nobody wants to get suspended at all because 1 playoff game is equal to at least 2 regular season games. And nobody wants to hurt their teams chances.

I liked our pushback tonight. That's all you need to do in the playoffs to keep the other team honest. You don't need to go chasing their players around trying to fight them. That just throws our players off their games, which is the same trap we fell into in the two series losses to the Hawks.

Edited by DeNiro, 21 March 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#279 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

Do we look somewhat grittier? In some ways yes and in some ways not do much.
What we lack is the scoring. We don't average enough goals per game; team has a tough time 5v5 and our pp has been really weak lately. In the playoffs powerplays will not come so easy and when they do come, we fail to put up points.
It's worrisome that we score in the first 30s of the game then we get 3 pp and still only record 4 shots on net for three powerplays??? Or we can be up 2-0 just to be scored 4 times without an answer... sadly this is not the way to the top.
Posted Image

#280 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

Team definitely played harder, but still not happy with response to Daniel's injury. They take out a #1 player and we respond with shoves and stinky gloved facewashes. Should have been an immediate linebrawl, I don't care who's on the ice. FFS Keith walked away unscathed. Boston sure responded when we knocked out a top player of theirs. Bieksa's just such a floater lately, something needs to be found between doing nothing, and Bertuzzi almost wheel chairing the last guy to take such a shot at our elite.

#281 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Team definitely played harder, but still not happy with response to Daniel's injury. They take out a #1 player and we respond with shoves and stinky gloved facewashes. Should have been an immediate linebrawl, I don't care who's on the ice. FFS Keith walked away unscathed. Boston sure responded when we knocked out a top player of theirs. Bieksa's just such a floater lately, something needs to be found between doing nothing, and Bertuzzi almost wheel chairing the last guy to take such a shot at our elite.

Lol. If it werent for the refs holding the players back. There would have been a brawl

Posted Image

#282 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

I could care less we lost that game. I would've rather seen them come out and play the 3rd like they played the 2nd instead of trying to win. I guess Coach V told them cool it or something happened behind the scenes. That's two in a row the refs cost us the game directly, this one by blatantly failing to give Keith 5-and-a-game, then compounding their mistake by sending us to the box for a full period. O'halloran better not show his face in B.C. He's on the Auger list now as far as I'm concerned.

People saying we didn't go far enough taking a pound of flesh for the elbow, you think they weren't trying? The officials did whatever they could to save their precious darling Chicagoans from the Canucks' righteous anger. Keith got two for elbowing and then we got the next 10 PIMS, tough to start a line brawl when you're down a guy (or two) but we tried. Officals had their arms around guys' necks, had em in a bear hug, didn't let anyone do anything. Then obviously someone said something in the intermission, cause there was no more rough stuff in the third or OT. Canucks still haven't had any supplemental discipline against since Rome in the Finals, maybe they didn't want to break the streak until the season's over.

Edited by ThaBestPlaceOnEarth, 22 March 2012 - 01:18 AM.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#283 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

So are the Canucks cup hopes.

we didn't win the cup last year with Hodgson in the lineup...he's not the make or break factor in us getting the cup

#284 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Canucks have averaged 2.1 goals per game since getting rid of Hodgson.

Ya his 16 goals in 60 games would make a big difference. :bored:

#285 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,194 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Ya his 16 goals in 60 games would make a big difference. :bored:

He was a great set-up man though.

307mg00.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.