The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] Canucks Troll Avs

Taelin

Wait? Is that what happened to Rome? I was babysitting and couldn't watch the entire game. I had it on in the background and was helping one of the little ones get some water, when I got back from the kitchen they were saying on the tv Rome was gone from the game but never said why.. :sadno:

Luongo full props--he played a great game! Kept us in it in the 1st period and made several other great saves later on in the game. His rebound control was awesome and he was seeing the puck all night.

Higgins--I knew it was only a matter of time before this guy won us a game. He's always trying 100% every game you can tell, he has skill, speed, and grit. He'd be a 20-30 goal scorer without his health problems. Glad to see him light it up tonight! He gives it every game.

Raymond--I usually bash this guy since it seems like he only half-tries a lot of the time and is weak on the puck. But wow, he's put in some great efforts since being scratched. I guess I'm frustrated with him a lot of the time because I know he's capable of this level of play, he just needs a fire under him.

Nice comeback win to put a potential dagger into our divisional rivals' playoff hopes.

:D

Does anyone know where they sell the t-shirts the players usually wear in post game interviews? The one Luongo was wearing in his interview with Scott Oake.

I checked on the Canucks online stor, no luck. Has anyone seen them at the team store or at stores in Vancouver?

in defense of kassian

he is one year younger than hodgson

he got traded mid season which is tough for any player especially rookies

he has been up and down the line up never on the same line for more than 2 games

lets wait to see what his next level is in the playoffs because i for one am excited to see him play some playoff games

Great comeback win boys!

But, as per usual, the biggest concern is officiating. 1 day after Keith was suspended for a high head hit on a Canuck (who was injured), 2 guys do the exact same hit on Canucks tonight, and zilch from the officials. One of them was a 2 min minor, the other wasn't called. As a result, Canucks lost another player. ANOTHER PLAYER. You kiddin me? When do the officials start doing their jobs to help protect players?

Also, McLeans comments which were 'protecting' O'Hallaran are a farce. I've posted the numbers about O'Hallaran, he's blatantly out for the Canucks. No doubt about it. He made one call re: face wash on Kassian, but made 2 other calls pulling out Canucks in scrums and penalizing them. PJ calling out Kassian tonight is way off base. The 'kid' has played 39 NHL games - is he supposed to be Todd Bertuzzi in 39 NHL games? Get a clue PJ.

Tanev is beast, Just beast.

Landeskog is rather hot.

Good win but still wondering about kassian. I want to give him the benefit of still being young and new to the team...but that doesn't excuse being lazy and generally showing no effort.

He looks like bertuzzi alright...just the lazy/floater version that he turned into in the later part of his time here.

Maybe he should sit a few games to realize his spot on this team is far from a sure thing.

I know he needs to be more physical but playoffs is just around the corner and would you really want to risk another injury? Right now, every teams/players are hot-headed because most are playing for playoff spots. Today, Rome delivered a clean hit. What did the Avalanche do? They went after him until he got injured.

Do you want Kassian to get injured especially now? No. Why? Because who else would take over his roll aside from Lapierre? Weise? Manny? We don't have a lot of "tough" players in this team. I would rather have him stay under radar for now because these game are meaningless. I would want him go to beast-mode once playoffs starts.

Awesome! What I noticed about that video when AV was shaking hands, the only 2 guys he gave a pat on the back to were Higgy and Kassian. I think AV is trying to take on the fatherly role with Kass, was holding him back on the bench for 2 straight games when there were skirmishes near by. The way he did it just seemed very fatherly. :)

The honey badgers play was man against boy to set up the pass to Higgins who just has to be Mr. Consistent for the Canucks this year. Great character game, I admit I had my doubts down 2-0 to Colorado, the CBC announcers got me down with their hard on for Landeskog, but our team proved me wrong, just a great comeback, once again big SOB is again a minus when playing our team.

Ya, it was sort of a multi- sequence event with Rome. It started when Rome hit an Avalanche player in open ice (clean hit), Avs weren't too happy and were chasing Rome around. Eventually Kobasew hit Rome up in the head, Nucks retaliated - both teams were penalized. Then some other guy hit Rome awkwardly near the boards and he tweaked his knee. Really all stemmed from Rome's clean open ice hit.

I was right near the glass on the zamboni door side, and during a scrum I clearly saw an Av shove Dale Weise's face into the boards and no call. I was the only Canucks fan in the section and I was yelling at the refs for a penalty. I'm glad he wasn't injured too!

Guest Dasein

Nice comeback win

Happy for Higgins and Raymond - both have been working really hard on their games and were deserving of the goals

Defensively still a firedrill in our own zone though.

Too many scrambles and too many blown chances to clear the zone

And wayyyy too scrambly on the PK as well

Luongo was very good.

We're starting to creep up on STL again. Would be great to make a push for the Prezzy again

Archived