The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Game 7 Scf 2011

Danthecanucksfan

I recently watched it.....and realized the Canucks didn't really play that badly. Tim Thomas stole that game early and once the Bruins scored, they just lost the will to win and got discouraged. One of those early chances go in, it's a different game. I think a lot of people lost sight of that after the riot footage started and iced the loser cake with s#it.

I have never watched it as it is too depressing.To make things worse I live in Saskatoon now and a retard 2 blocks from me Painted his stucco home Bruins colors and air brushed a huge Bruins Stanley cup sign covering his whole garage door.I am reminded every day when I drive by that house. :sadno:

IT ALSO DEVALUES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD :sick:

Can't stand it watch it again! The 1st time around was hard enough to sit through. And I also turned off the tv after 2nd period. NO WAY I can watch Chara lift the cup.

I did turn on the tv afterwards and saw the riot and THAT almost made me puke. Can't image how my body would've reacted if I watched Chara lift the cup.

I was at Game 7 and watched it all. Saw them raise the Cup, Bettman being booed and then gettting text messages from my friends that there was a riot outside. I did not believe any of them, until I got outside.

Have never watched Game 7 again and have yet to watch the highlights.

Sitting there while the Bruins were parading around the ice was very hard. I knew that we blew just a great opportunity. Some great teams and great players have never made the Cup final or ever won a cup. I knew that we may not get there again and for some (salo), this was the last real kick at the can.

I couldn't bare to watch any more after the second period and the thought of the Bruins celebrating on our ice still makes me feel sick. I was living in Calgary at the time and taking a lot of heat for being a Canucks fan. I was always quiet about it but my 300+ students knew I was a canucks fan (from my office to my coffee mug to my sticker on my laptop) and it was bad enough when I knew they were going to lose, let alone when the riot started. When I started getting texts and messages about that, I turned the TV back on, but to the news.

I actually never even saw highlights of the third period until just a few weeks ago, didn't know that the last goal was an empty netter.

Unfortunately the images of them celebrating at Rogers was so televised that I couldn't NOT see them. The sight of Chara hoisting the cup is forever burned into my mind.

I was happy to hear that some fans stayed and cheered on the MVP's and such in a good natured way. That's the stuff that doesn't make the news. I don't think I could have stomached it but good on those that were sportsmanlike enough to stay.

I've kept silent about this for a long damn time, but you people really need to get some perspective. The Canucks in '94 made me fall in love with the team, and I faithfully waited 17 years for their next shot. I wanted them to win the Cup as much as anybody else.

During game 7 I laid my grandfather to rest. I was a pallbearer at his funeral. I got home in time to see the third period end and the rioting start. Think about just how bad your life is when the worst thing that happened to you that day was your favorite sports team losing. Talk about first world problems.

We all need a little perspective sometimes.

Archived