Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Possible 1St Round Opponent

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#91 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Now that Phoenix won, we will play the loser of the LAK vs SJS game tomorrow in the first round, provided that we at least get a point against the Oilers!

Or if Stl loses to Dallas.

Posted Image

#92 Coke

Coke

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

I'd also rather play SJS because first of all, that would be one hell of a series since it's a rematch of last year's WCF. The sharkies are also less bruising to play against (the Kings dish out more hits according to nhl.com) and Niemi is definitely easier to light up than Quick.
Canucks Rock.

#93 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

We could still play Phoenix, LA or SJ.

With the loss of the Blues Tonight to Phoenix, the Coyotes lead frogged to #3 in the conference and now the Canucks can win the West with 1 Point tommorow tonight or with a loss from St.Louis.

If the Canucks do hold on to first they will play the loser of the LA or SJ game.

Edited by gradin123, 06 April 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#94 Coke

Coke

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

If the Canucks finish first, it's impossible to play Phoenix in the first round because they have more ROW than both LA and SJS so the loser of the LAK/SJS game cannot pass Phoenix in the standings.
Canucks Rock.

#95 Les And

Les And

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

alright calm down.

Geez, how do ppl like you continue to live when your emotions are in full swing every second of every hour of every day.

First, the canucks could use some of my emotions. If they come up against the Coyotes the way Phoenix played against the Blues tonight, the canucks had better be ready with some hyped emotion. Without it, they will be golfing by the third week of April.

Edited by Les And, 06 April 2012 - 07:45 PM.

Patience always pays off but, when will it be pay day?

#96 Saved_by_Jesus

Saved_by_Jesus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

The only way the Canucks could finish first and play Phoneix is is Phoenix loses in Regulation tomorrow and the Sharks beat LA in OT or shootout.

Phoenix would hold the tiebreaker against the loser of the SJS/LAK game (Regulation/Overtime Wins), therefore, we cannot play Phoenix if we finish 1st.

#97 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Phoenix would hold the tiebreaker against the loser of the SJS/LAK game (Regulation/Overtime Wins), therefore, we cannot play Phoenix if we finish 1st.

Yeah you are right.

#98 themcdeal

themcdeal

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

i really hope we dont play LA in the first

#99 Nucks fan in TO

Nucks fan in TO

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

I hope LA beats SJ tomorrow...unless we lose to Edmonton, that would mean we play the Sharks in round 1. I like our chances against them.

#100 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

I don't mind LA, they are just a bunch of pretenders who were lucky to sneak into the playoffs with a late push...they are no elite team!
No San Jose please!!!

Of coure, Phoenix would be ideal...

#101 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Let's get serious here guys, we would man-handle any of SJ, LA or PHX.

:)
Posted Image

#102 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Oh God, I fu*king hope not.

Really? I think SJ might be the better matchup for us.

Phoenix has played us tough and that systems play will suck the life out of the Canucks. Plus I'd rather face Niemi than Smith.

Edited by MJDDawg, 06 April 2012 - 09:00 PM.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#103 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Honestly it doesn't matter. The Canucks beat all of the 3 teams if they play their A Game. I think Nashville and Chicago are the teams that will really test the Canucks in the West. I am not scared of Detroit or Stlouis.

Pittsburgh is the team to beat overall.

Edited by gradin123, 06 April 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#104 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm hoping we play the Sharks - easiest opponent by FAR. We're 3-0-1 against them this season!

For anyone wanting Phoenix, you don't ,wanna play Smith. The other night he had a 53 save shutout. Yes, 53 saves.

LA? Quick has 10 shutouts this season. He could steal a series (same goes for Smith).

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.