The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pgt- Flames 3 Canucks 2

Molli

well THAT was lame. what a golden opportunity to be in charge of our own destiny. Hopefully this serves as a lesson: if a team like the Flames can come back from a 1-0 deficit, any team in the playoffs can too. Don't sit on a lead.

Kesler line looked better but they're starting to piss me off. That's a lot of $$ we have invested in him and Booth.

Nonexistent PP again. And if they'd scored late in the game it would have all been forgiven. Sometimes timing is everything. They look anemic right now. Time for a re-tool by Newell Brown

Bieksa's "maintenace break" was great but it certainly didn't help him with his reads and his timing.

Ugh I hate OOT scoreboard watching :angry:

GUYS ITS OK WE ARE GONNA GET THE PRESIDENTS TRPHY. CANUCKS ARE AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE NHL AND THE RANGERS ARE AGAINST A VERY ELITE TEAM CALLED THE CAPITALS THAT ARE DESPERATE FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT IT WILL ALL WORK OUT!!

U WANNA KNOW HOW WE LOST? BLAME IT ON LUONGO LIKE WE ALWAYS DO

Man honestly not a big deal, its game 81, won 7 in a row, season is pretty much over. Hopefully NYR will lose next game and the blues. Otherwise prez trophy would be nice, but no big deal at all if we don't get it. Means nothing.

I really felt the Canucks were putting a minimum effort out there after scoring the first goal. They had a chance to bury the Flames with powerplays, and the PP gets them nothing yet again. At the end the Canucks stepped up, but too little too late. Ah well, it's a nice luxury to watch a meaningless late-season game and not be stressed out. And the Rangers lost, so the President's Trophy is still in play.

Who cares? Calgary is golfing next week, let them have their regular season win. I seriously think the Canucks want 2nd in the conference. Why? Phoenix is a better matchup than San Jose. San Jose is very big and physical whereas Phoenix is just trap-fest 101 and doesn't have that great of goaltending (Mike Smith is on a roll right now but he's playing waaaay over his head). I think the most important thing in these games is to just play out the season, and for crying out loud shoot the puck on the power play! More shots=more goals, it isn't exactly rocket science. But hey, I know the Canucks will be ready come playoff time. All anyone cares about is the Stanley Cup and it really is the only thing that matters to the Canucks and their fans. Btw, I really like Corey Schneider, but he played no better than Luongo did against Anaheim. Yet he'll be forgiven and Luongo's name will be dragged through the mud. Just support whoever's playing and let's cheer this team to Stanley Cup glory. We have as good a chance as anyone. Go Canucks!

No doubt in my mind that we would have won with Luongo.

That said - WTF were the Canucks doing?

Did they think the Flamez were going to just give them the game?

They better not play like that next Wednesday.

Yes...I am ticked off!

Archived