The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Surrey Plans To Repeat Outdoor Playoff Events

-Vintage Canuck-

i think it was 30%ish of arrested people, i saw the number somewhere a while ago but can't find it anymore.

but i mean come one it's not like all the vancouver people quietly went home and the outsiders all stayed and trashed the city.

it's pretty convenient for vancouver residents (and especially vancouver police) to frame the riots in this way so i'd be mindful of the spin. same as it's convenient for vancouver fans to say that all the people who rioted (or even "most" of them) weren't canucks fans.

however, it's an experience i think everyone learned from. sure, it was really crappy, but i think the reaction to it was spectacular, and i doubt it'll happen again any time soon. it's not some great tragedy that shows a grand flaw in the mental fiber of canucks nation. i say let them have the screens, be smart about security/alcohol consumption, and i think everything will go just fine.

Are we seriously going to make this thread into a negative thread about Surrey?

Seriously, Surrey isn't a bad city, Fraser Heights, much of Guildford, Eastern parts of Newton, Fleetwood, Panorama Ridge are all very nice places. The one area that isn't a very nice place is Whalley.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Seriously, Surrey isn't a bad city, Fraser Heights, much of Guildford, Eastern parts of Newton, Fleetwood, Panorama Ridge are all very nice places. The one area that isn't a very nice place is Whalley.

I go to school at Surrey Central (SFU), it's a pretty chill atmosphere and a lot more family friendly for sure. The pub is right there too and its always packed, not to mention if you want to get away from the loudness or w/e you can go inside and we put it up on the big screen too.

And all you people saying Surrey this Surrey that, well guess what its not as dirty as an area to watch it as DT Vancovuer :P (But he riots contributed to that I guess)

If you're gonna throw around some arrogant Surrey jokes, at least think of something original and creative.

That being said, I went to 1 game in Surrey a big handful DT last year. The amount of drugs and alcohol being consumed DT was tenfold in comparison to Surrey.

Archived