The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Live Interview - 12Pm Pst

'NucK™

It's obvious that if he comes back for game 1, he is rushing a bit - having just had one practice with team-mates. WHY TAKE A RISK??? Do you want him for game 1 of series 1 then out for the year? Or all of the next 3 (hopefully) series?

I say give him 2 weeks since first skate (which would be game 5 or 6)

Games are Wed, Fri, Sun, Wed, Sun, Tue, Thu. I would say sit out the first 4 or 5, as the 4th game is sandwiched at the end of a long rest anyways. If we go to 5 or 6, he can help put them away. If we are in trouble he can help right the ship.

He is one hit away from being gone for the season right now, AND potentially never being the same player... wait 2 weeks

there is no test that will absolutely tell us what is going on in his brain - only thing we know is that rest heals it. so... MG and the canucks aren't stupid enough to start him in game 1.

It's obvious that if he comes back for game 1, he is rushing a bit - having just had one practice with team-mates. WHY TAKE A RISK??? Do you want him for game 1 of series 1 then out for the year? Or all of the next 3 (hopefully) series?

Games are Wed, Fri, Sun, Wed, Sun, Tue, Thu. I would say sit out the first 4 or 5, as the 4th game is sandwiched at the end of a long rest anyways. If we go to 5 or 6, he can help put them away. If we are in trouble he can help right the ship.

He is one hit away from being gone for the season right now, AND potentially never being the same player... wait 2 weeks

there is no test that will absolutely tell us what is going on in his brain - only thing we know is that rest heals it. so... MG and the canucks aren't stupid enough to start him in game 1.

^ Almost agree completely, however, I think waiting 2 weeks could be too long. Daniel is obviously rushing to be back, but he's obviously healthy enough to play in a full practice. I say we leave him out for game one and two, if we are doing well, let him come back when he is ready. If we lose those games and he says hes ready, let him come back in. No reason to rush him if we're winning.

It could be a setback...but he could also be perfectly fine. He wasn't exercising for a couple of weeks, so maybe after a full, all-out practice to test his readiness, he's a bit tired.

By skating with the spares, he gets to 1) not wear himself out further the day before the game, 2) avoid unnecessary contact, and 3) mess with the Kings' gameplan.

We simply don't know. Making grand statements about what the team and player should or should not do with our limited knowledge is flat-out ridiculous. We'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out if he'll be playing.

The talk about gamesmanship is wishful thinking.

if he was ready he would be practising with the other players, winning the game means too much to risk anything because of gamesmanship.

So... following protocol means what it means: he isn't with the team cause he had a setback of sorts. Saw rumours he had a setback earlier in the process as well (first few days). I didn't want to admit it either, but logically that is all that it means.

only chance: if he is completely healthy and they are trying to play mind games. But I don't see it. Chances are he is out at least another 2 weeks... maybe for the season.

The talk about gamesmanship is wishful thinking.

if he was ready he would be practising with the other players, winning the game means too much to risk anything because of gamesmanship.

So... following protocol means what it means: he isn't with the team cause he had a setback of sorts. Saw rumours he had a setback earlier in the process as well (first few days). I didn't want to admit it either, but logically that is all that it means.

only chance: if he is completely healthy and they are trying to play mind games. But I don't see it. Chances are he is out at least another 2 weeks... maybe for the season.

So, this is my first time ever posting.... But I've been seeing a LOT of people saying it's stupid to rush him, he's not ready, etc. I completely agree that it would be stupid to rush him. Then again, I'm sure that management is also very aware of that as well. They understand that they need to take the steps that will allow him to come back safely and permanently.

It's kind of pointless for us to bicker as to whether or not he is coming back tomorrow. The organization can make that call a LOT better then we can. If he plays tomorrow? Great. If he plays next series? Great. They will make the right call with one of their star players. I don't believe it's our place to criticize their decision one way or the other.

Also AV may truly not know if Daniel can play tomorrow, it's up to Daniel and the doctors whether he'll play tomorrow or not. The decision is out of AV's hands. If he had a a setback he wouldn't have skated today at all.

So, this is my first time ever posting.... But I've been seeing a LOT of people saying it's stupid to rush him, he's not ready, etc. I completely agree that it would be stupid to rush him. Then again, I'm sure that management is also very aware of that as well. They understand that they need to take the steps that will allow him to come back safely and permanently.

It's kind of pointless for us to bicker as to whether or not he is coming back tomorrow. The organization can make that call a LOT better then we can. If he plays tomorrow? Great. If he plays next series? Great. They will make the right call with one of their star players. I don't believe it's our place to criticize their decision one way or the other.

Archived