The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hope Is Not Lost! Many Other Good Teams Have Gone Down 2-0 In Round 1.

Beluga Whale

It's time to admit that LA is playing better than we do !!

They outplayed us in special team both PK and PP !!

They are more relax and confident, and let the play come to them, but we are forcing the issue !! nervous at times. That's why we struggled, we are trying to make the perfect play everytime on PP, too cute on the puck !!

The pressure from everyone got to us, and thinking 1 vs 8, easy series, we are a better team, blah blah....blah.....

Time to wake up !! we are down 0-2, now we become the underdog !! People will start to write us off !!

Pressure is starting to shift to LA whether they are able to close out the series !!

Remember 2001-2002, Van - Det series, we are up 2-0 to higher seed Det, we won both game on the road, but then Det woke up and won 4 in a row !! They evenutally went on to win the Stanley Cup that year !!

Coud be the same situation here, now what we need to do is one period at a time, one game at a time ! Give yourelf the confident back !

Pressure is fading and I am sure nothing but help us to raise our game at least back to where we are capable to. Keep focusing, cut down the turnovers, play our own game !! Forget about who is not in the lineup or what ever trade that we made, just play Vancouver brand of hockey !!

Maybe 1 lucky bounce or 1 fluke play could turn the series around. Remember Lidstrom's goal on Coutier ??

I have faith , we will get back to the series and go on !!

I'm looking forward to summer. I'm sure the 'nicks are too. the Canucks have never ever come back from losing the first 2 games in their 40 year history .

Give it up! We are toast now!

Put away the face paint and pull out your shorts fans. The summer looks good.

And, there will be more season tickets available next year for those who are interested in getting interested in September...Mine will be there and available!

its over over over

Its called scoring more goals than the other team....

Earth to hockey team come in hockey team= score

do it or Die

Or be a lame ass poster on a message board who thinks they know it all....

burn Jersy cheer for calgary in 5 years and the

Oilers next year

K who want to fight ?

LOL

Win or lose just please show up for the next game and all the games after that. We need to quit playing like we deserve to win and play like we want to win. It's downright embarassing to be schooled in all 3 zones and in all situations for the better part of 2 games.

And to the geniuses running the PP, Raymond and Ebbett are useless when we are forced in to a dump and chase situation. If you're not in the offensive zone you're not gonna score, we dont have Nik Lidstrom and Quick isn't Cloutier.

Nonchalance will make this a quick series.

The Canucks have been embarrased both on the score sheet and by "the tweet". these guys have given up. It all goes back to the trade, they fell apart after that and never really recovered.

the Canucks management responded to mild pressure by folks in the Hodgson camp to play him more by trading him, arrogantly, to teach him and others a lesson. Oops - ego is not a bright way to manage a team.

Kassian is not a difference maker and neither were any of the players we got by giving away scoring with Hodgson.

We are done - mathematically we have very little chance. This is the last year I'm buying my seasons after 17 years.

Your soooooo right, our past teams have never come back from 2-0.... that makes so much sense as to why our current team won't be able to win. I mean because history repeats itself every single time 100% of the time in fact. Good logic to base your whining and sniveling off of. I have a feeling you are one of those people who says they are giving up their season tickets every single time we are at a low point in the season..... bandwagon jumpers like you are pathetic.

Here are some examples of other good teams who have gone down 2-0 in round 1 and have still gone on to do great things.

2002: Canucks 8 vs Red Wings 1 - Canucks go up 2-0 and the Wings rally back to win the cup.

2006; Canadiens 7 vs Hurricanes 2 - Canes go down 2-0 and win in six, and go on to win the cup.

more recently Boston was down 2-0 twice last year, round 1 vs the habs and against us, and we all know what they ended up doing.

There are plenty more examples so don't lose hope, Canucks can still rally back and win this.

Archived