Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Being Down 0-2 Is Just What We Needed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#31 Perry Henis

Perry Henis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

How can you have 2800 posts and still be a fan, when your soo clearly a band wagoner? Don't have you have better things to do? LOL

not everyone is a blind fan boy

#32 Comrade

Comrade

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

A lot of you are missing the point. Yes, 0-2 is mathematically the worst outcome for the Canucks after 2 games, but unless something drastically changes, are we really going to get that 16th win with the way the team has been playing?

On a side note: maybe I should stick with 1 liner posts.

#33 PlanTheParade

PlanTheParade

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

If there is any optimism to take away from these two games, it's that we lost these games. LA didn't win them.

#34 coolcat13

coolcat13

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

No it's not.

#35 BenSurgeon

BenSurgeon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

I would agree with you somewhat if the Canucks were in the first 2 games but what I have seen they have just being outplayed and all round look like an unmotivated team. As another poster put it I don't think they can just through that switch on. They have looked that way for the last 2 months but a lot of people kept saying just wait they are holding it back for the playoffs. For an elete team I have never seen so many bad plays and giveaways in their own end.
Ben Surgeon

#36 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

If there is any optimism to take away from these two games, it's that we lost these games. LA didn't win them.

I'm pretty sure LA won them both. Seeing as they are up in the series by 2.

Edited by Tanev's Smirk, 13 April 2012 - 11:30 PM.

#37 Cause=Time

Cause=Time

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Amidst the millions of nay-saying, overwhelmingly negative threads, there is always that one bastion of untainted, hopelessly extreme optimism that makes me have to laugh. I'm sure that even if we are swept in the first round there will be a small minority who still think that it was "just what we needed". Yeah, woohoo, more time to rest up for next year, right?

Posted Image

MERCY YEARS - Debut EP out now! - Check it out at mercyyears.com

#38 Iggypride

Iggypride

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

I guess losing games wins cups now? that might be the dumbest thing you could have said

#39 Hodog16

Hodog16

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

Thought the crappy first game would have been enough of a wake up call. The team came out on fire tonight but couldn't sustain. A few bad bounces on the PP and it took the wind out of the sails.

Change of scenery and probably going with Schenider may light the spark, even though Luongo is the least of our worries right now.
Posted Image

#40 Kevin-B

Kevin-B

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

I won't try to manage the team with what should and shouldn't be done. Maybe I'm to optimistic but I've been a Canucks fan my entire
life,rooting this team on since I was very young living in Port Angeles,Wa. Watched this team make it to the Stanley Cup Finals in '94.
Although I was about 13,I recall the "experts" saying this team got lucky and shouldn't have made it this far. Last year was a great run
that obviously ended in disapointment but should still be celebrated(IMO). I even went up to Vancouver after the few A-Holes decided
to take the Canucks fanbase for a ride and trash the city to help with the clean up effort. In return,I have to hear so called hockey fans
down here in Seattle/Tacoma trash the Canucks team and fans. Now with the Canucks down 2 in the series,the chatter grows louder. Maybe the Canucks bounce back and take 4 straight....maybe they lose the series all together. Its a rough ride,sorry if I sound a bit cheesy and I'm sure I'll receive some flack but I love this team win or lose and I'm not jumping ship. Even if the NHL shows up in Seattle,just means less gas to Canuck road games. Anyhow,keeping the faith. Go 'Nucks!

#41 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

No Daniel or Hodgson = No cup run !

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#42 Hafizzle

Hafizzle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Well this now puts us in a spot where we will truly see what this team is made of. They're either going to step up and dominate and win game 3 or they'll put in another mediocre effort and the season is done.

#43 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Losing two straight at home and going to LA is just what we needed?

Fail. On any level. Luongo was the only one who was ready give him back the C.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#44 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Stop using a scapegoat. We played bad, except Luongo who was solid again. We lost the special teams battle, by a landslide.

#45 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

I can't wait to see you eat your words.

Or rather, choke on a Perry Henis.

What makes you think we will?

Faith in the Team? I believe in them but Im not gunna let that Blind our crappy play as well as not showning any indications of Changes.

Im just not as Optimistic, I dont see it.

zackass.png

#46 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

No Daniel or Hodgson = No cup run !

you better be trolling with hodgson bro

hodgson would have just made us even worse defensively
Posted Image

#47 eagleeyedak

eagleeyedak

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Goodbye Luongo...that's what 0-2 means, and its the only way we win the Cup.

#48 the White Sheet

the White Sheet

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Its Over
D Sedin will join the team next game.
He will get hit by
Richards.
Out till next year.
Boys will over react instead of gettin the the puck to the net.
Series done in four.

choke....
too much repeat pressure

Reality : Take puck to the net.
Shoot on the net
hit the S__t out off everything that touches the puck.
enforce your game not theirs.
Attack attack attack

Av has not seen Sutters game, take off the blinders or your golfing buds.......

Edited by the White Sheet, 13 April 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#49 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Being down 0-2 is good?

Posted Image
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#50 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

Posted Image
It's Clutch!

aXmDa9t.gif

#51 BraveHart

BraveHart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

all i can hope is they become alittle more urgent with the puck , which you think theyd already be considering the kings challenge them so hard on the powerplay

ughh , goalies pulled and then you see the team come alive

i suggest pulling the goalie at the puck drop

Wtf? Clutch? Is that really you?

Posted Image

#52 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

hahahahahha, yeah and we're just gonna "flip the switch" like so many of you were saying

No Kidding!!! Many of us were expressing concerns about how the team was playing (despite their success) since the BOston game and all we got was "they're just saving themselves for the playoffs"; "the regular season isn't what they play for" etc ...

They got away with sloppy play most of the season because of great goaltending. They are now being exposed for their bad habits and weaknesses which have not been addressed. They have too many moving and new pieces and chemistry and confidence are non-existent. Management has to accept much of the blame (changes at teh deadline) and all the crazy line-juggling in an effort to sompensate for poor team play and individual performances.

#53 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

We still have a chance at winning the series. But you're delusional if you actually think being down 2-0 is better than being up 2-0.

#54 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

Goodbye Luongo...that's what 0-2 means, and its the only way we win the Cup.

Lots of fans saying Lu wasn't the problem but a .84 sv% isn't going to get it done. The team isn't playing well and is giving up chances but he's got to make some saves to bail them out. Quick slammed the door shut on 46 of the 48 shots he saw. Lu let in 4 on 26 shots. Not good enough.

Cory has to start next game just to give the team a different feel.

#55 lmm

lmm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

I would agree with you somewhat if the Canucks were in the first 2 games but what I have seen they have just being outplayed and all round look like an unmotivated team. As another poster put it I don't think they can just through that switch on. They have looked that way for the last 2 months but a lot of people kept saying just wait they are holding it back for the playoffs. For an elete team I have never seen so many bad plays and giveaways in their own end.

was thinking the same thing late in the game when the announcers were talking about LA boxing out the Canucks,
has anyone ever acused the Canucks of boxing out their opponents?
NO
they talk about Rome, Hamhius, Bieksa, Edler and now Tanev making great glove saves, but not about Canucks boxing out .

#56 funkyfresh

funkyfresh

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

first off i love the canucks but honestly LA's record is not a true sign of how good they truly are. Plus the nucks get a crap load of points from their own crappy division so the teams are actually quite close to one another in terms of skill. LA does look great right now and without danny i wouldn't be surprised if nucks are out in the first round .With that said, hopefully this will be a wake up call for them to step up.

#57 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Lots of fans saying Lu wasn't the problem but a .84 sv% isn't going to get it done. The team isn't playing well and is giving up chances but he's got to make some saves to bail them out. Quick slammed the door shut on 46 of the 48 shots he saw. Lu let in 4 on 26 shots. Not good enough.

Look at Bryz stats and is he part of team thats leading 2-0? Yes :rolleyes:

Edited by soshified, 14 April 2012 - 12:35 AM.

Posted Image

#58 funkyfresh

funkyfresh

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

Cory has to start next game just to give the team a different feel.

did you even see the QUALITY of the chances LA had compared to the nucks?!?!?!?

#59 hockeyfan-observer

hockeyfan-observer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

I dont necessarily think being down 2-0 is exactly what we needed!

Firstly, i think people / players should forget about last year and concentrate on this year and the tasks at hand. whatever happened last year has no bearing..new players, new opponents, new goals, new tactics. In fact the only thing that I can see from last year is really the way the opposition plays us - hard forecheck, 2-3 big forwards or defense clogging the front of their goalie, blocking shots etc. Seems like EVERYONE is doing that these days (Blues, Coyotes etc). The only goals we have scored so far are deflections, screens, close in chances. We may have outshot them tonight but LA's chances on Luongo were far more dangerous, in the slot 10-15 ft or close in. It seems that the Kings have employed some similarities with the Bruins defense from last year. Lots of outside shots but no luck. Canucks will probably once again have to make some adjustments next game or it wil probably be over in 4. Regardless if they win or lose, Ill still support them as long as they do their best. There are 16 good teams and ONE one winner. Are there really any favorites out there anymore seeing what happened to Pittsburgh tonight as well?

#60 sulihpoeht

sulihpoeht

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

:o
welcome back!
GO CANUCKS GO!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.