The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Being Down 0-2 Is Just What We Needed

Comrade

I can see what you mean, but losing those 2 at home is a huge blow. If it can be used to launch our team, then in retrospect, sure... But right now, in reality, where we are... We have to dig ourselves out of a HUGE hole!

No daniel sedin and raymond on the top line, obviously the canucks are going to be in tough. The first game they lost due to penalties. The second one the nucks deserved to lose with poor special teams. I also dont know why you want to start schneids in game 3 when Luongo has probably been the best canuck on the ice

all i can hope is they become alittle more urgent with the puck , which you think theyd already be considering the kings challenge them so hard on the powerplay

ughh , goalies pulled and then you see the team come alive

i suggest pulling the goalie at the puck drop

A lot of you are missing the point. Yes, 0-2 is mathematically the worst outcome for the Canucks after 2 games, but unless something drastically changes, are we really going to get that 16th win with the way the team has been playing?

On a side note: maybe I should stick with 1 liner posts.

I would agree with you somewhat if the Canucks were in the first 2 games but what I have seen they have just being outplayed and all round look like an unmotivated team. As another poster put it I don't think they can just through that switch on. They have looked that way for the last 2 months but a lot of people kept saying just wait they are holding it back for the playoffs. For an elete team I have never seen so many bad plays and giveaways in their own end.

Amidst the millions of nay-saying, overwhelmingly negative threads, there is always that one bastion of untainted, hopelessly extreme optimism that makes me have to laugh. I'm sure that even if we are swept in the first round there will be a small minority who still think that it was "just what we needed". Yeah, woohoo, more time to rest up for next year, right?

Thought the crappy first game would have been enough of a wake up call. The team came out on fire tonight but couldn't sustain. A few bad bounces on the PP and it took the wind out of the sails.

Change of scenery and probably going with Schenider may light the spark, even though Luongo is the least of our worries right now.

I won't try to manage the team with what should and shouldn't be done. Maybe I'm to optimistic but I've been a Canucks fan my entire

life,rooting this team on since I was very young living in Port Angeles,Wa. Watched this team make it to the Stanley Cup Finals in '94.

Although I was about 13,I recall the "experts" saying this team got lucky and shouldn't have made it this far. Last year was a great run

that obviously ended in disapointment but should still be celebrated(IMO). I even went up to Vancouver after the few A-Holes decided

to take the Canucks fanbase for a ride and trash the city to help with the clean up effort. In return,I have to hear so called hockey fans

down here in Seattle/Tacoma trash the Canucks team and fans. Now with the Canucks down 2 in the series,the chatter grows louder. Maybe the Canucks bounce back and take 4 straight....maybe they lose the series all together. Its a rough ride,sorry if I sound a bit cheesy and I'm sure I'll receive some flack but I love this team win or lose and I'm not jumping ship. Even if the NHL shows up in Seattle,just means less gas to Canuck road games. Anyhow,keeping the faith. Go 'Nucks!

Archived