Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

I've Just Watched The Whole Game Again.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#1 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

What did I see the second time?

1 We had more than enough play and chances to win the game.

2 Our physicality more than matched LA.

3 We need to concentrate on parking a man in front of the net..........at both ends.

4 Edler and Luongo were neither weak nor to blame for the defeat.

5 We must try to pass laterally in front of Quick. We are faced in Quick, with a net minder who is trying to do a Tim Thomas on us. He is taking the piss with the distance he is venturing out of his goal area. We must find an angle by giving the shooter a lateral option instead of the low percentage shot. I think we should use Kassian more to stand in front of Quick. This would be an ideal way of using his size and his attitude.

6 It's good to have Ballard back. Apart from a couple of moments it was like he had never been away. I also think by the 3rd game he will have calmed Tanev down enough to find his best game. Tanev didn't play badly it was just that he wasn't at his best.

7 Kesler looks as if he is about ready to light up.

8 There are players in our team who look ready to break out. They are playing well but getting little reward. Kesler, Raymond, Hansen, Pahlsson, Burrows, Sedin and to a lesser extent Higgins, Booth and Ebbett. Kassian needs a set role (like Volpatti) Use him to screen, and throw his weight about in front of Quick. This team isn't Boston and although they are physical they are NOT intimidating.

9 We need to guard against leaving the back door open against this team. As far as I can see that is their only real weapon, the counter attack. Deny them that and I think we will rip them a new one. On the same theme, when we are all over them, we are getting ourselves out of position in our determination to score and losing concentration. More control and adhesion in our system is required.

Lastly if I was LA I wouldn't feel too cocky. There were signs there that given a break or two we will be a hot handful in LA. Personally I can't wait for it. Get our PP sorted (at least so it doesn't leave us vulnerable to counterattack) and we will start to roll.
Kevin.jpg

#2 BobbyBolivia

BobbyBolivia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Not trying to sound like a jack ass but you needed to watch the game twice to get all these?

People on CDC make me feel better about myself...

Posted Image

credit to uɐpɹoɾ

"Iíma make you hate me cause you ainít me" - Rabbit Run

#3 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Nice read now the hard part execution ?

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#4 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

let's hope the boys can fix their mistakes and get back in the game tomorrow!

:canucks: :towel:

#5 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Man Im glad you posted this, really perked me up.

Im feeling confident going into LA as well, but to hear a second look analysis and break down like this makes me really think they are coming back to Vancouver 2-2.

Good Stuff.

#6 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

wooooooooo 4 str8 coming up..bet!
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#7 trek

trek

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,175 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

I remain skeptical.

#8 Canouver

Canouver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

I think we're dead

#9 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,526 posts

Nice post,Bodee.

Many thanks.

#10 Bilbro Baggins

Bilbro Baggins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

I agree, Quick is coming out to challenge quite far, we need to park someone in front of him to keep him in the crease and create traffic. Kassian would be great here. When he is motivated, he is nearly impossible to move.

Posted Image

#11 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

3 We need to concentrate on parking a man in front of the net..........at both ends.

5 We must try to pass laterally in front of Quick. We are faced in Quick, with a net minder who is trying to do a Tim Thomas on us. He is taking the piss with the distance he is venturing out of his goal area. We must find an angle by giving the shooter a lateral option instead of the low percentage shot. I think we should use Kassian more to stand in front of Quick. This would be an ideal way of using his size and his attitude.

6 It's good to have Ballard back. Apart from a couple of moments it was like he had never been away. I also think by the 3rd game he will have calmed Tanev down enough to find his best game. Tanev didn't play badly it was just that he wasn't at his best.

8 There are players in our team who look ready to break out. They are playing well but getting little reward. Kesler, Raymond, Hansen, Pahlsson, Burrows, Sedin and to a lesser extent Higgins, Booth and Ebbett. Kassian needs a set role (like Volpatti) Use him to screen, and throw his weight about in front of Quick. This team isn't Boston and although they are physical they are NOT intimidating.

9 We need to guard against leaving the back door open against this team. As far as I can see that is their only real weapon, the counter attack. Deny them that and I think we will rip them a new one. On the same theme, when we are all over them, we are getting ourselves out of position in our determination to score and losing concentration. More control and adhesion in our system is required.

Lastly if I was LA I wouldn't feel too cocky. There were signs there that given a break or two we will be a hot handful in LA. Personally I can't wait for it. Get our PP sorted (at least so it doesn't leave us vulnerable to counterattack) and we will start to roll.

And also the turnovers. 1st game we had TOO many penalties, last night we improved on that. Then last night we ahd TOO many turnovers, are we going to improve on that tmr and actually spark something and freaking win?!?! And come back from a 2-0 series??! IF BOSTON DID THAT LAST YEAR, WE CAN TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kes is starting to turn ihis BEAST MODE back on!

#12 canucksgyal

canucksgyal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Thanks, your post kind of made me feel better. LA is beatable. Eliminate the mistakes we made and steal the 2 in LA and then wrap the series up with 2 more wins. Van can do this.

Believe.

#13 Scoobydooby

Scoobydooby

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Not trying to sound like a jack ass but you needed to watch the game twice to get all these?

why do you think teams go over tape? so they can catch different angles at a differetnpoint in time with a different mindset. Im sure most people who watched the game last night were watching through a frustrated haze (i know I was after 4 pps and barely a shot) and so you tend to see things in a certain way. watching the same game a day later can offer a more objective viewpoint as emotions and perception can be different. its not rocket science.

Edited by Scoobydooby, 14 April 2012 - 01:33 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Nuck_in_NorCal

Nuck_in_NorCal

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

The OP is right, Quick is beatable top-shelf as he goes pole-to-pole.

#15 DMO

DMO

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Glad to see that some people here have hockey sense. Good post!

#16 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

absolutely. we dominated 5 on 5 and just got beat on our mistakes. We need to capitalize though.
We can't just take the play we have to put one in the back of the net. Then follow it up with another.

Take the air right out of staples and we're back in the series.

#17 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

I don't think you sound like a jackass, just a bit silly. :towel:

The reason for watching a game a second time is it is often hard in the heat of the moment to form realistic impressions. You may watch it like a slab of cold concrete but I get quite excited and sometimes miss a lot of stuff.

For instance it is not unusual in a defeat to get a gloomier picture of what actually happened, to imagine players played worse than they did (I saw a lot of comments about Tanev and Edler, where maybe these people should watch the game again.........certainly the case with a lot of posters judging by some of the comments.

Similarly after a win you often imagine the team/players played better than they actually did.

There is also the commentary. I watch the replay with the sound off and it is amazing how it improves your comprehension of what is actually happening. Case in point the Kesler incident from Game 1 was shown again and my second viewing left me thinking he did nothing wrong.

Anyway thanks for reading. :)
Kevin.jpg

#18 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,770 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

good stuff Bodee. I agree - need to be a little more patient - the team is working hard, almost trying too hard to force the issue...
love the way you stay behind your team.

Edited by oldnews, 14 April 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#19 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,511 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Im glad others are posting things like this. i too have seen big plus in our game. im my mind the kings are not a true 8th seed team. they are an all star studded team, but with a few tweaks in our game i dont see why we cant beat them. the main thing i see is that the kings forcheck forces turnovers in out zone. while our forcheck is more of a neutral zone force. id like to see more of hansen, booth and kes, pressuring the weaker kings like vyonov in their own zone.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#20 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,526 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

We all know the problem is six more periods and it is over.

Real tough to have the breaks go your way for four more games.

Interesting to see what the boys are made of facing such adversity.

#21 canuck_face54

canuck_face54

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

LA is gonna have swollen heads after 2 wins in a row... They don't know who their effin with. We win 3 and 4. Let's get it.
Canucks4Life!

#22 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

I'm certain that the Canucks are thinking a lot of the same things right now, and working on ways to fix these mistakes and tighten their game up. I really think we'll see them do much better in LA, wouldn't be the first time this year that they did poorly on home ice and then turned up the heat when on the road. Best road team of the season. :)

Not to mention that we have been really against the wall a lot of times this year and never given up. The Canucks are all veteran players, they have the capacity to come into a game and grind it out and be patient, they just need to find that again. That might be what it takes to win this series.

I guess we'll see, tomorrow.

Go Canucks Go!

Edited by Raiun, 14 April 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#23 The Aviator

The Aviator

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

some adjustments I think we need to make for game 3

we need to replace lapierre with a bigger body for line 1, lapierre and burrows both play a similar role as more of a fast pass/support player, maybe higgins or booth to give it some size and scoring touch, would also help henrik a lot he is looking lost out there without a person to take the puck to the net or cycle with him

schneider needs to replace luongo, i think collectively we feel that luongo has played well enough that he isn't to blame for losing these two games. however, quick has still outplayed luongo both times and we really need somebody to steal the game for us and I think schnieder gives us the best chance in that regard.

i am confident we will win game 3, GO CANUCKS GO!!

Posted Image

#24 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

We all know the problem is six more periods and it is over.

Real tough to have the breaks go your way for four more games.

Interesting to see what the boys are made of facing such adversity.

I agree, but let's face it we don't seem to be getting ANY breaks. I don't think we need to luck out, we are to good for that, I just think a bit more concentration and an even break of the bounce will do.
Kevin.jpg

#25 greetingsfrombrazil

greetingsfrombrazil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Great post, we're not far from winning.

I'm still not confident, but I trust the guys, I just hope they step up and win game 3 with a great 60 minutes performance.

#26 Kubrick

Kubrick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Who starts in LA?!?
Management can't expect schneider to dig us out of a 3-0 deficit. The team plays better in front of him. Luongo has been playing well, but we didn't keep him at the trade deadline to sit and rot on the bench.
Posted Image

#27 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for posting Bodee

You got me wishing I still had the game recorded.

Canucks were better. LA was luckier.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#28 Nalkwan

Nalkwan

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

OP you forgot to mention the terrible passes that plagued us all game, being out of position, falling down and not just Raymond, and lack of intensity until the final minute of the game. If they don't play with as sense of urgency and play as a unit, we're going out in 4. We haven't played as a unit since the Detroit game. I'm not betting on them suddenly finding it.

#29 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

watching the game at the rog last night, i noticed a lot of the same things. especially players like kes, hansen (and yes, even raymond to some extent) looking like they were finding their playoff legs and ready to take off at any moment. the boys look ready to take it up a notch to playoff intensity, they've just got to execute (especially on the PP ... )

also having ballard back in the lineup was a big plus IMO, and he should provide a huge boost once he shakes the cobwebs off his game that are the effects of being out for so long.

a couple bounces our way in LaLa Land and this series is right back up for grabs, the canucks are not too far off ... they can get it done

#30 Brackenreid

Brackenreid

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

I agree, esspecially towards the end. If they had played all game like they started to do in the third we would propably have a 1-1 series and I think the players know that.

Just sit and down and figure out where everyone should be in the ice, in their lines, reducing the turn-overs and bump-ins. To people who think 0-2 is bad because of the dissapointment last year, GET OFF THE FORUMS, your negeative energy is why people think all Van fans can do is complain and start riots. Like the so called "slump" we had this season, which was really just a losing a couple games.

Edited by Brackenreid, 14 April 2012 - 02:03 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.