The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of:] These Playmaking Wingers

Hi.

It's been brought to attention that Kesler and Booth need a playmaking winger, so what would it take for these?

- Alex Tanguay ----- If Calgary goes into a rebuild.

- Loui Eriksson ----- Dallas would probably not give him up

- Blake Wheeler --- Winnipeg may want higher draft picks

- PA Paranteau ---- Unrestricted Free Agent

- Martin Erat -------- Part of Nashville's top-6, almost no chance

- Ray Whitney ------ Old, but is he still worth trying to get for 1 or 2 seasons?

- Joffrey Lupul ------ Burke won't probably want to give him up, but still worth a try.

Just trying to figure out someone who can give the puck to Ryan and David.

If anyone else, please add.

Yeah but still Some of those are more of shooting guys.

Out of the List either Paranteau or Tanguay would be my choices.

I Think the Absolute perfect guy to Play with Kes and Booth would be Jakob Voracek, the Price would be high to get him from Philly but I think it may be worth it depending on what Players we have to give up.

Hes a big guy who isn't afriad to go to the dirty areas aswell and he looks to pass btu he also has a pretty good shot, not to mention good speed that would work well with booth and Kes.

Eriksson and Wheeler mean too much much to their respective teams. You'll have to over pay out the arse. Parentau would be nice but if you're doing the 40+ assist wingers I'd throw Parise (he has 38 coming off year before of recovery) in their as well. Hes been playing with Kovy who makes Kesler and Booth like like they're scared to shoot compared to him.

I like the mention of Purcell and Voracek in this thread. Neither will come cheap but are good options.

Whitney on a one year deal would bring another veteran to the locker room who is also a great playmaker.

One of those three would be amazing to see in a Canucks uni.

I definitely agree that we need a second line playmaker.

We need a Playmaking Centreman on the 2nd line ,like all great Teams have and Centreman are

Put Kesler back on the wing where He started his career along with Booth and You have 2 hardnosed,skilled,fast, shooting Wingers

Archived