Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

The Canucks Fans That Think This Series Is Over Disgust Me

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
176 replies to this topic

#151 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

WTF?  Those are actually pretty good and solid stats.  Your "feeling" that we are special and immune to the odds is what is weak.

if we lose this series it will mark the 4th time in 7 years that the President's Trophy winner loses the first round... it happens with quite startling regularity.

What does being "swept" have to do with winning the series?... sure we have a 50/50 chance of winning the next game and avoiding a sweep.  The facts are that we have just over a 1% chance of winning the next 4 games.

Most of the teams that were down 3-0 in the other series were down 3-0 because they were far inferior teams, that isn't the case here. The fact that ~1% of teams have done this in the past has nothing to do with this series.You say we have about a 50% chance of winning each of the next games?
50% x 50% x 50% x 50% = a 6.25% chance of winning the series, which is far greater that the historical win %age of around 1%.

Edited by JLumme, 16 April 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#152 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Most of the teams that were down 3-0 in the other series were down 3-0 because they were far inferior teams, that isn't the case here.

We ARE the inferior team... that is why we have been losing! Are you suggesting that we are losing because we are the far SUPERIOR team?

Offence, Defence, and Goaltending edges have all gone to the Kings. For you to suggest that we are not the inferior team kind of goes against all the objective evidence.

These haven't been "bad bounce" flukey losses... we have been beaten.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#153 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

We ARE the inferior team... that is why we have been losing! Are you suggesting that we are losing because we are the far SUPERIOR team?

Offence, Defence, and Goaltending edges have all gone to the Kings. For you to suggest that we are not the inferior team kind of goes against all the objective evidence.

These haven't been "bad bounce" flukey losses... we have been beaten.

I think we'll lose in 5 or 6 but I do think you're a little off in your analysis. We got vastly outplayed in game #1 and it was still tied 2-2 with less than five minutes remaining in the third when Edler pulled a Campoli (don't forget Hansen's post that would've made it 2-0 after Burrows had opened the scoring). Game #2 we completely destroyed them, outshooting them 48-26 or something ridiculous but it was again a dumb drop pass by Edler that cost us the opening goal and a blind pass by Kesler (who had ample time & space to check where Hamhuis was) that resulted in the 2-1g. Both shorthanded. Take those two egregious errors away and their empty net goal never happens, 2-1 Canucks win. Game #3 we once again outshot them 41-20 and carried play for long stretches just like in game #2 and Hansen again hit the post. Hansen should have 3g right now, just as Burrows should have 3g if he could only elevate the puck just a few inches instead of making Quick look glorious by hitting his toe.

This series looks like a white wash in terms of games won but in fact it has been only inches away from being a 2-1 Vancouver series lead.

Edited by Millerdraft, 16 April 2012 - 02:25 PM.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#154 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

I would buy a game 5 ticket.

#155 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

The Hawks last year had a pushback. Nothing from this unit tells me we are capable of taking it to 5+.

Exactly. You can't just say "Well, Team X came back from 3 games down". The Blackhawks were neck and neck with the Canucks through the first 3 games, they were scoring, and it was apparent they had what it took to get back in the series, which they did. What have the Canucks done throughout this series to show they can suddenly win 4 games in a row and win this series? More importantly, what have the Kings done to show that they will break down and lose 4 straight? Although the Canucks played well enough to win yesterday, it's not like the Kings have fluked their way to 3 straight wins and are ripe for a choke. They've been getting stellar goaltending, solid defense, and clutch scoring, none of which I imagine will just dissipate tomorrow and throughout the rest of the series if the series does in fact get extended.

Like someone else mentioned, it's just logic. Nobody WANTS the team to lose. Everyone WANTS the team to come back and win. It doesn't mean we're bad fans to logically surmise that this series is for all intents and purposes over.

#156 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

We didn't just win the president's trophy by chance. We are the #1 seed in the playoffs. I will not be surprised if we win four straight and take this series. Our goaltending is incredible, if we get the skaters going we will have wins coming our way. I'm not about to give up on the team that I watched 85 games of this season, and you shouldn't either. Shame on those that say they are Canucks fans and yet say we're done.

Actually yes we did, the other 2 teams in contention for it played like crap down the stretch. and it still came down to our final game

#157 Kes_4_Pres

Kes_4_Pres

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

...So...Many...Haters...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Proceeds go to a translator for Alex Burrows."
-Bieksa on Ryan Kesler's clothing line.

#158 kesler#17

kesler#17

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

lol even if our goaltending has been remarkable that doesn't meen we aren't due for a bad night sooner or later. we still have 4 games to witness it. Can't wait to see Schneider start game 4 and Luo traded in the summer some how

Posted Image

OCDC BUFFALO SABRES GM PS3 SIM LEAGUE

J.Lupul(86) P.Stastny(86) N.Horton(86).... H.Tallinder(81) C.Potter(82)
D.Perron(84)C.Hodgson(82) R.Vrbata(84).... C.Ehrhoff(83) R.Whitney(82)
J.Mcginn(80) S.Ott(83) A.Hemsky(83).... M.Streit(82) J.McBain(80)
M.Foligno(79)K.Porter(76) A.Shaw(80).... D.Dubnyk(84) J.Enroth(79)

#159 StutterStep

StutterStep

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

If they put out the same type of effort in game 3 but actually score we'll have a chance. Shoot low at pads for rebounds, do not just come down the wing and take a shot at the crest.
Limits like fears are often just an illusion

#160 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

We didn't just win the president's trophy by chance. We are the #1 seed in the playoffs. I will not be surprised if we win four straight and take this series. Our goaltending is incredible, if we get the skaters going we will have wins coming our way. I'm not about to give up on the team that I watched 85 games of this season, and you shouldn't either. Shame on those that say they are Canucks fans and yet say we're done.

hahahahah you're an idiot.

im gonna laugh even harder when they lose next game. this playoff run's done.

not the mention the pres trophy win pretty much was by chance because the rangers and the blues both could have secured it and failed in the last game or two.

Edited by schneider, 17 April 2012 - 03:20 AM.

#161 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

hahahahah you're an idiot.

im gonna laugh even harder when they lose next game. this playoff run's done.

not the mention the pres trophy win pretty much was by chance because the rangers and the blues both could have secured it and failed in the last game or two.

is that all you have in life is hate ? you dont even make it to idiot. try harder troll.

#162 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

is that all you have in life is hate ? you dont even make it to idiot. try harder troll.

Your wrong there. He has idiot in the bag........he's studying at nights for dumbass now...........and he's looking good to me for that one.
Kevin.jpg

#163 Beaken

Beaken

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

If we were losing 5-1 every game it would be hopeless. What's broken isn't completely busted. It's not like LA is the 85 Oilers.

We get lots of shots but can't score that tells me one thing. Our shots are ass. Like in the finals against Boston. Lots of shots but from the blue line. How about crashing the net? Like they didn in the final 2-3 minutes?

I like how you pointed out just like the Boston series. And much like the Boston series we're getting bullied and have no answers, when your captain and best player gets run and the only answer we have is a face wash along with rolling around on the ice is pathetic! We're too scared to go to the net, we're too scared to into the corners. Too scared to get beat up!

Last game I saw three or four plays where we gave up the puck to NOT get hit, I thought we were men? That's why we will be hitting the golf courses sooner than many of you choose to believe.

#164 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

If they win great if they lose I'll be indifferent. Just wait til next year to do it all over again. Always gotta believe they have a chance and if not just looking forward to watching some more Canucks playoff hockey for however long that may be.

SYvE9NH.gif

#165 Nic

Nic

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

...So...Many...Haters...

Pissed off Canuck fans seeing yet another version of their Canucks blowing it.

#166 wesley

wesley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

We can stil win it. But we need to play well and have a lot of luck.

#167 vancouvercan

vancouvercan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

C'mon 3-0. We have to win four straight. Which I believe is possible, but not likely. I'm the first one who hopes so.

#168 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

hopefully at least they take it to game 5....

#169 kacvan

kacvan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

With the possible return of Daniel I think that the thought of his return will fire up the boys and get the much needed win.
Posted Image

Keep The Faith The Canucks Will Win!!

#170 vancouvercan

vancouvercan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

I just hope we win the next three and true to this years playoffs style put 3 of LAs best players in hospital and concuss Dustin Brown. Oh wait, sorry, I wish the better team wins.
FYI Dustin if you really want to win, take a run at Hendrick again. And try to be tough and hit everyone else

#171 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

People say things when frustrated. I was a mess when we lost
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#172 MojosCanucks

MojosCanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

After 41 years of this, yeah, I'm a little disgruntled, to say the least.
That being said , let's bow our heads and pray to the hockey gods...
pleeease, hockey gods, let it be our turn .....

GO CANUCKS GO!

#173 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

In a perfect world it would be nice to see a comeback and series victory.... but the reality is that the Kings are for real and the Nuckleheads are playing without passion, drive and desire. Everyone is scared of getting hit, no one is driving to the net, players diving to draw penalties rather than play hard... Not going to happen!

#174 lorentjd

lorentjd

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Well, the stats were right again (as I expected). Both the Pens and the Canucks went down in flames after starting their series 0-3.

#175 lorentjd

lorentjd

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Thread Title: "The Canucks Fans That Think This Series Is Over Disgust Me"

Those fans were, as it turned out, being exceedingly realistic.

Is realism a reason for disgust??

#176 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

Denial can be a comforting passenger

#177 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

Tho optimism is great....Realism is that the Canucks got out played and our coach could not deal with the loss of one player{DSedin} therefore got outclassed buy an 8th seed who wanted it more~!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.