The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler To Montreal

Here's a possible scenario to get BOTH the 2nd and 3rd pick in the draft this year.

To Columbus:

-Schneider + Raymond

To Vancouver:

-Columbus's 1st, 2012 (2nd overall) - this will be either Yakupov or Grigorenko

To Montreal:

-Kesler + Edler

To Vancouver:

-Montreal's 1st, 2012 (3rd overall)

-P.K. Subban

-Montreal's 1st, 2013, & 2nd rounder in 2013

-Depending on whether Edmonton picks Murray or not. If Edmonton picks Murray, we draft Yakupov with the 2nd pick and Grigorenko with the 3rd pick.

-If, however, Edmonton picks Yakupov, we then snatch up, Grigorenko with the 2nd pick and then grab Ryan Murray with the 3rd pick.

-I actually think this could happen. We could get 2 amazing players + P.k Subban. What are people's thoughts on this?

An original thought of trading our reigning Selke-winning center while his production and value is at it's lowest - likely do to having to rehab a very serious injury he sustained shortly after singlehandedly propelling us past the Predators last year? The one with the NTC?

Here's an original thought: how about we let Kesler be? He can have a regular offseason training program, so we can love him all over again next year.

Oh yeah, and...

tumblr_ljv2kqlfGA1qj41h3o1_500.jpg

I bet about 16 teams who missed the playoffs would care about it tremendously... plus a number of playoff team on top of that.

It illustrates how silly it is to consider rebuilding a team that has had a dramatic amount of success in the recent past, including in the playoffs. I do think that we need to make a move to change the chemistry a bit... but getting prospects is not going to do that.

Getting a player like Subban is only going to make the whining/chirping/diving stuff worse...

You don't think Yakupov, Grigorenko, or Ryan Murray are impact players and maybe potentially BETTER than Kesler and Edler? It's a crap shoot when you're dealing with the draft, however, more than not, top 5 players are pretty safe bets to be stars in this league. This is why they are ranked so highly, because they have an elite skill that the others in the draft don't possess.

Although I have no interest in the idea of trading Kesler it's kind of fun just to think about what we could get for star players.

Kesler + Schneider + Schroeder for Columbus's pick + Nash

Lu + Mase + 2nd for Lecavalier + Malone

Dank - Hank - Burr

Malone - Lecavalier - Nash

Higgins - Grigerenko - Booth

Manny - Lapierre - Hansen

How do you spell Grigerenko?

Although I have no interest in the idea of trading Kesler it's kind of fun just to think about what we could get for star players.

Kesler + Schneider + Schroeder for Columbus's pick + Nash

Lu + Mase + 2nd for Lecavalier + Malone

Dank - Hank - Burr

Malone - Lecavalier - Nash

Higgins - Grigerenko - Booth

Manny - Lapierre - Hansen

How do you spell Grigerenko?

LOL...So who's in net once you trade Lu and Schneider?

I'd rather keep Kesler and surround him with better wingers that have chemistry with him. Obviously Booth and him don't connect. They're too similar...like a bull in a china shop. I think Kesler needs a speedy playmaking winger and speedy grinding forechecker to compliment his play.

I don't think Kesler has 1st line centre potential and has maxed out at 2nd line centre. And when he ages and production drops...I can totally see him as a future 3rd line defensive centre and tops in faceoff % (ie. Malhotra & Pahlsson) which are hard to come by. So no...Canucks are foolish to trade him.

Yes, Kesler is having a bad year, and people are giving him such high standards because of his performance from last season. I think a major part of his inconsistency this year is due to the surgery he had in the off-season..it practically kept him from doing any off and on-ice training all off-season long. People should be respecting him rather than criticizing him, why did he have the surgery? Well he gave it all he had last year, played the whole Boston series with the injury. And why did he do that? Because that's how badly he wanted to contribute to the team..come on guys.

Kesler is a huge player for us and I'm sick of people all of a sudden wanting to trade him. It's obvious, Kesler's skating has not been as strong as it was last year. Give him this off-season, I can guarantee he'll be back next year in the form he was last year, the high-energy, speedy center, and shutdown center we've been all expecting.

Archived