Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

It Wasn't Luongo, It Was Daniel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#1 Makall

Makall

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Why can't people see?

The first 3 games we lost because we were missing a key component in the team, one of the twins. Even Schneider couldn't get us a win in the third game.

But as soon as Daniel comes back, we win 3-1. Is this a coincidence that as soon as Daniel starts playing again, we win? Of course not.

Why then are people continuing to blame Luongo? I am positive that not even Schneider could've won Games 1 and 2 for us.

#2 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

While a small contingent blames Lu, there is a larger base that just really likes Cory.

He's ours, drafted and developed and is just really likeable and efficient in net. So we are happy he's getting the ball to play with after being the ultimate team player.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#3 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

nobody is blaming luongo for games 1 or 2 .... he played great, kept us in those games.

its just that schneider is playing at a world class level right now, and even staunch bobby lu supporters admit that schneids gives us the best chance to win right now. it has nothing to do with the play of Lu.

#4 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

While Daniel helps for sure, I don't think that even if we had him we would have won the first game. Maybe not even the second. PERHAPS the third.... but the reason we are down 3-1 is not because Daniel was out... it was because the team played like garbage. They were getting outchecked and outworked by dramatic proportions early in the series.
Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

#5 Makall

Makall

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

nobody is blaming luongo for games 1 or 2 .... he played great, kept us in those games.

its just that schneider is playing at a world class level right now, and even staunch bobby lu supporters admit that schneids gives us the best chance to win right now. it has nothing to do with the play of Lu.

Schneider is good of course. But after this game, everyone's talking about trading Luongo and keeping Schneider.

While Daniel helps for sure, I don't think that even if we had him we would have won the first game. Maybe not even the second. PERHAPS the third.... but the reason we are down 3-1 is not because Daniel was out... it was because the team played like garbage. They were getting outchecked and outworked by dramatic proportions early in the series.

Obviously the return of Daniel boosted morale.

#6 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,334 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Schneider is good of course. But after this game, everyone's talking about trading Luongo and keeping Schneider.

Obviously the return of Daniel boosted morale.

It's not all a kick the bum out kind of thing. It's armchair GM-ing by a passionate base. If Lu is potencial trade bait, it's natural to speculate where he may end up. Just like speculating where Cory may have gone during the trade deadline.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#7 NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

I guess no one is talking about Hodgson any more.
Go Canucks Go!!!

#8 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

AH give it up you LU whinners lol! Isn't that turnabout. Sneids has been playing well given the team confidence take a chill pill LU fans.
But just incase you haven't noticed Cory's has better numbers and besides rookie goaltenders have lead their team to Stanley Cups.
Although very unlikely a Van comeback period ; so relax anyways the series is over unless they pull a miracle and if they do the ride Snieds.

#9 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Gotta say, I was more comfortable with Schneider on that Brown PS, than I would have been with Luongo :(

#10 Makall

Makall

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

AH give it up you LU whinners lol! Isn't that turnabout. Sneids has been playing well given the team confidence take a chill pill LU fans.
But just incase you haven't noticed Cory's has better numbers and besides rookie goaltenders have lead their team to Stanley Cups.
Although very unlikely a Van comeback period ; so relax anyways the series is over unless they pull a miracle and if they do the ride Snieds.

Hey man, I ain't hating on Schneider. And I wouldn't "whine" about the Lu hate if the Schneid fans stopped bashing Lu and asking for him to be traded.

#11 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

The team for whatever reason just plays BETTER in front of Schneider, they're better offensively and defensively, who knows why. That is what makes Schneider the better choice right now, not necessarily because he's better than Luongo. They are both excellent goalies and i don't get why there would be hate for either one, i say keep them both as long as possible

Edited by Tm085, 19 April 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#12 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,792 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Lu played great the last couple of games. The thing is, Cory played OUTSTANDING. And, the only way we will have a shot to win 4 straight, is with OUTSTANDING goaltending.
Posted Image

#13 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Why can't people see?

The first 3 games we lost because we were missing a key component in the team, one of the twins. Even Schneider couldn't get us a win in the third game.

But as soon as Daniel comes back, we win 3-1. Is this a coincidence that as soon as Daniel starts playing again, we win? Of course not.

Why then are people continuing to blame Luongo? I am positive that not even Schneider could've won Games 1 and 2 for us.

Thank you for saying that. Obviously people are bashing Lu again, because he made us "lose" the first 2 games, it WASNT THE GOALIES FAULT!!!!!!!! We didnt play hard, we had SO many penalites, then the next game lots of penalties and turnovers. peopl was him gone because hes overrated bla bla bla, but you people obviously dont know what AV said, ITS NOT THE GOALIES PROBLEMS WE'VE HAD, ITS THE FACT THAT WE HAVE TO MANY PENALTIES, NOT STICKING TO THE PLAYER, LOOSE PUCK, AND TURNOVERS. He even said that "Our goaltending isnt our main problem, I trust both of them, and I know whoever I put in net will get the job done. I put in Schenids to spark the team up, not because Lu had a bad game, Lu has been doing great and he's made some critical saves for us". I'd rather have 2 GREAT goaltenders, then 1, if one is burnt out, the other one comes in, or if one is hurt, he can come in. Lu BY FAR has been the Canucks BEST goalie, BESIDES Kirk McLean back in the days. He got the most wins in goalie franchise history and supassed one of our ex goalies too. So you people need to STOP bashing Lu. true Canucks Fans wouldnt bash players UNLESS they REALLY arent doing well (e.g., raymond, his game is gone, and the old raymond isnt here either).

Ya, Schneids might have not won the game 1 or 2, thanks for saying that. Finally, someone is on the same page with me.

#14 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hey man, I ain't hating on Schneider. And I wouldn't "whine" about the Lu hate if the Schneid fans stopped bashing Lu and asking for him to be traded.

thank you.

#15 BabyBolland

BabyBolland

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

the day that luongo diehards finally realize that schneider is better will be a great day for mankind

#16 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

the day that luongo diehards finally realize that schneider is better will be a great day for mankind

and the day when Schneider becomes #1 and you LU-bashers make HIM the new scapegoat down the road, you'll realize how retarded you all are

#17 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

girls just wanna have fun

and Canucks just wanna have win

it's really that simple

the professional people at ice level making these decisions
all we can do as fans is go with it :towel:

#18 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

if you call the last week "hating on lu" than i dont think you saw the play off run last year. No one is hating on him... were all super stoked for cory who is doing so well! good for him!
Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#19 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,180 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Why can't people see?

The first 3 games we lost because we were missing a key component in the team, one of the twins.  Even Schneider couldn't get us a win in the third game.

But as soon as Daniel comes back, we win 3-1.  Is this a coincidence that as soon as Daniel starts playing again, we win? Of course not.

Who's "blaming" Luongo?

Most people are glad to see Cory start because he's played well and the team in front of him has played better as well.

We know it's not Lou's fault, but it is what it is. At this point the Canucks seem to have a better chance of winning with Schneider between the pipes.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#20 FanInCalgary

FanInCalgary

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

and the day when Schneider becomes #1 and you LU-bashers make HIM the new scapegoat down the road, you'll realize how retarded you all are

People only turned on Lu because he started letting in weak goals and was no longer able to steal games. Unless Cory's play significantly drops, nobody is going to be blaming him like they are blaming Lu.

Edited by FanInCalgary, 19 April 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#21 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

People only turned on Lu because he started letting in weak goals and was no longer able to steal games. Unless Cory's play significantly drops, nobody is going to be blaming him like they are blaming Lu.

Every goalies play drops eventually, Luongo isn't as good as when he was first here and people were ready to label him god. i'm sure some of those same people aer in the group that want him traded now

#22 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

are these the same people that ran Linden out of town? Support and positivity ae what fans are.

Go Canucks Go

#23 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,180 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

There's no way to know that for sure until Cory has held the starting job for a few years and has shown the same kind of consistency when starting the bulk of the team's games.

That being said, sometimes a team needs to "put their money" on a player and go with it. So far, Scheider's play has suggested that it would be smart money...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#24 Ovechking

Ovechking

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

I scrolled down real quick to see if there were any "popular" replies.. there weren't any :(
Posted Image

#25 FanInCalgary

FanInCalgary

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Every goalies play drops eventually, Luongo isn't as good as when he was first here and people were ready to label him god. i'm sure some of those same people aer in the group that want him traded now

And? So you are saying we should stay with Lu, even though his play is declining just so people won't eventually, and maybe even not at all, one day turn on Schneider?

#26 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,180 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

are these the same people that ran Linden out of town?  Support and positivity ae what fans are.

Go Canucks Go

Linden? Never happened. Most people have never forgiven Mike Keenan (or Mark Messier) for that, even though it brought us an excellent return and we eventually got Trevor back, anyway.

I think the guy you're referring to is Markus Naslund. And yes, those people were mentally challenged.

#27 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

And? So you are saying we should stay with Lu, even though his play is declining just so people won't eventually, and maybe even not at all, one day turn on Schneider?

I say keep them BOTH so when one falters the other can step in. Most teams would love to have this luxury, Schneider is not invincible either and will have his share of bad games

#28 raymondsplayoffbeard

raymondsplayoffbeard

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

Buddy im not blaming any of this on Luongo
He was strong for the first 2 games he played

Edited by raymondsplayoffbeard, 19 April 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#29 nucklehead53

nucklehead53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

To be completely honest, outside of a few people (like <1%), Lou hasn't really been under the gun. I think most people realized it was never his fault, and that starting Cory was only done to shake up the team. Replacing Raymond or Malhotra or Kassian may not have had a bigger impact.

Heck, the 1942 TML benched their best two players of the first three games (which they lost) and went onto comeback and win the Cup
It only takes one hard fought series to make a rivalry

#30 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Why can't people see?

Stop discrediting Schneider for his performance last night. What did Daniel do in the first period? Schneider kept the team in the game. What about the penalty shot? If that goes in, it's tied.

Schneider played great.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.