Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

- - - - -

5 Reasons Way Canucks And Penguins Will Come Back.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#31 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

you are no real canucks fan!! if you were you would believe! Its fans like you that gives us a bad name! CHEER FOR THIS TEAM IF YOUR A FAN NO MATTER THE SCORE OR HOW THE SERIES IS GOING!

I think the fact 11 people agreed with the OP who said he "loved this play" makes Canuck fans look bad. I'm disappointed that Henrik had to stoop that low. I guess Henrik is fair game to elbow to the head then?

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Too busy talking to actual sources? lolwut

Posted Image

Signature designed by Morrison_rocks7 - thanks!

#32 elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,671 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

in reality, The Flyers are the better team. Pittsburgh is better coached(until this series) I feel The Flyers with consistent goaltending are the best team in the east

Too bad they don't have consistent goaltending then. MAF has a better chance of holding it together than any of the three Flyers goalies (including Leighton) and that puts this wide open series in Pittsburgh's favour.

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#33 AndyMcDonaldsNeck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Another point why Canucks will comeback is because the Kings are a bunch of choke artists and many of their own fans will agree.
The seed of doubt has been planted by starting Schneider and by having the twins back together again. They know they won't be able to score many on Schneider, and the twins dominated game 4.
They're nervous.

#34 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,655 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

This series will come down to coaching.

Honestly, I hope our coaching staff is still making adjustments even though we won.

We could have done alot better in certain areas mainly our start, I also hope we have a "back-up" powerplay strategy because Sutter will definetly adjust especially on the PK and if they start having success against our powerplay we would have another "Ace up our sleeve" so to speak.

but anyways sutter is going to adjust and we better have made so adjustments too because if we didn't they will know exactly what we are gunna do when we do it and the 1st period (and possibly more) is going to be similar to games 1 and 2.

#35 gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Pittsburgh could easily reverse sweep. Philly's goaltender is merely a hologram.

#36 taib mahmud

taib mahmud

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Nashville vs New York for final.

#37 nucklehead53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

The Henrik Sedin hit was a bit of a dirty play, but I think he was sending a message. He just was not going to take some of the cheap stuff that has happened in the last little while. A lot of dirtier plays have happened.
It only takes one hard fought series to make a rivalry

#38 wattevr

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Because the media, fans, players etc wool love a great story like this. Two titans nearly knocked to the canvas and then make I back to their feet and make it the 12th round bloody and battered slugging it out to the very end. Add game 7 OT and you'll have a movie of the week.
Walter... Why's it always gotta be about 'Nam.

F@$K it. Lets go bowling.

#39 thelastguy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

“I thnk [the Kings are] still huge favourites,” Henril Sedin told reporters Wednesday night

Does no one proof read articles at the National Post?

#40 Jambo

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

I think a Pittsburgh comeback could have a big impact on the Kings' mentality going into game 5. An inexperienced playoff team has seen the Penguins claw back 2 games and game 6 in that series will go before our game on Sunday. For something that has only ever been done three times there is a good chance it could happen twice this season.

#41 kchengc

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

It wasn't that cool.. I love the Sedins but get real here.

Brown threw a clean hit on Henrik.. and we whine about it.

Henrik cheap shots Browns face.. and we endorse it.

i still don't see henrik's elbow/hand really making hard contact with brown's face to be honest, though i have seen the reply so many times. I saw Brown snapped his head back but the first angle from across the ice seemed to show henrik hitting brown's head with his elbow (0:25) and his hand was moving downward toward brown's face (but no apparent contact, i.e. brown's head didn't move in the same direction of henrik's hand trajectory) after he skated by (0:26). However, from the other angle it looked like that henrik's elbow didn't make contact with brown's face as I saw some gap between his elbow and brown's visor (see 0:34). Instead, the video seemed to have shown that he backhand slap brown's face (which has already been shown not true according to the first camera angle). Combining the evidence from the two camera angles, I really don't think Henrik cheap shot Brown with either the initial pass by nor with the following arm movement. The nose bleed must come from previous contact that made him drop onto the ice initially, or by tangential contact with brown's visor (knocking it back to hit Brown's nose).

If Henrik really want to hurt Brown ala Torres style, he would be out with a concussion forever as his head was the primary and ONLY target exposed for a vicious elbow.

#42 RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

The Pens and Canucks' experience is going to really become a factor going into Game #5. The Kings have been known for being unable to finish off teams in the first round, especially at home. Meanwhile the Canucks have the personel and the character. Should be an interesting game tomorrow evening.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.