Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

I Feel So Bad For Luo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#61 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

He's got another 50 million coming on his contract, so I'm not too sure how sad I'm going to be able to get.

#62 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Why would anyone feel sorry for him? He gets payed a boatload of money to be an average goaltender, he plays hockey here but has no family here or kids in school to worry about moving and losing their friends, he can control exactly where he gets traded to now, he is still going to make boatloads of money for the next couple years at least. What is there to feel sorry about?

#63 B_a_M

B_a_M

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

There is no way if the Canucks win the series that Luongo starts game one in round 2.

Vancouver has a very simliar situation to Boston.

Luongo and Thomas are both work horses, very althetic

Schnieder and Rask are both goalies that rely on there postion which has a lot to do with angles and rebound control.

More often than not the postional goalies are the ones who are better than the "althetic" goalies.

Luongo is a good goalie but he isn't good for Vancouver anymore, Media and fans have torn him apart. It doesn't matter what he does, even winning a Gold medal for Canada a lot of people believe that Canada won inspite of him. I give respect to Luongo not acting like a baby by taking a back seat to Schneider like a lot of goalies would. But the writing is on the wall, Luongo's time in Vancouver is over.

#64 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

i don't feel sad at all for him. He brought it all upon himself for choking so many times in the playoffs

#65 We Broke The Cup

We Broke The Cup

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Luo is caving to the pressure how else do you explain his poor play over the entire season, he has had some stellar games, but the poor one out weigh the good ones no deniying that, Cory has been lights out even in his bad games he still manages to out battle Luo.
Not saying Luo is a horrible person, his play has been bad over all that's all i am saying, yes we are spoiled to have two tremendous goalies however it is becoming quite obvious that Luo could be done here, He clearly want to be where his family is and good on him for that!!!
Go Canucks Go!!!!!!
I believe

n
Lou played poor this season? Lou had his typical slow start, but he played very well through the rest of the season, minus a couple of stinkers. We have had several games this year that we didn't deserve the win, but Lou was able to steal them for us.

#66 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

I've seen a couple of your replies...You really seem like you hate these boards... Why don't you leave?

Most people here have a love hate relationship with the boards if you haven't noticed and some have been here for years. What's not to hate? But there are a small handful of people that actually know what they are talking about and they are worth sticking around for.

If you are really sensitive about it, you are more than welcome to set your settings to ignore my posts, because it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere... just yet.

#67 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

if indy can dump manning for a guy who hasnt thrown a pass, then we can dump lu for a guy whos outplayed him for 2 seasons.

No need to feel bad, manning took it like a pro, so can lu.

The 63 million pain killers will help sooth his anguish - but that said, he is always a guy who has tried to do his best - unfortunately his best is not enough with this style of team. And it is easier to change Luo than the whole team. With another style of team maybe Luo does better.

#68 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

One game at a time.

Let's take a deep breath here - if we extend our season beyond this series, anything goes.

As for now, Schneider is the hot hand and we'll ride him out the season unless he lets two quick ones in.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#69 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Being top team in the league two years in a row, getting his team within ONE game of the Stanley cup last year. A bad goal or two in this years first round. I would kill to have a goalie like that on our team... Oh , wait...we do, and I am pretty sure he also back stopped Canada to a Gold medal in the Olympics. I love Schneider, but Luongo is still the best goalie in the league.

If/when we get to the second round start Luongo.

Do you really think if Schneider gets us to the semis, they'll start playing Luongo ahead of Schneids again? Luongo has a long list of accolades, records and accomplishments, but he's not exactly in his prime, and while still a top 5 goalie, he isn't the best any more.

Lundqvist and Rinne have surpassed our guy for sure as far as the best goes, for sure. There's also Quick, Elliott, Thomas and Schneider in the equation.

#70 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

I like Luongo as a person too but hockey is a business and you gotta do what's best for the team and organization, not just today but moving forward.. Who knows what's gonna happen with Luo.. i wouldn't be surprised either way if he stays or is traded.

Its pretty hard to argue that Schneider hasn't been the better goalie in this series and throughout the season. You don't keep a guy as your starter because you feel sorry for him or because of history with the guy... We need to go with the guy that is gonna give us the best chance to win today and in the future... and sorry Luongo isn't that guy.

#71 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

dude Schneider let in 2 goals in 2 games, what else do you want from him?

He has the best GGA and save% right now.

Schneider's rebound control is great. His stick handling needs improvement.

All I'm saying is the one in Game 3 was a bad goal that if Luongo had let in (even though it was only a 1-0 loss) everyone would have blamed him, but because it's Schneider everyone turns a blind eye. Both are great goalies, but they have different weaknesses.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 toyotafan

toyotafan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Game 2 where Brown scored shorthanded on Luongo was the turning point in the game.
Game 4 Schneider stops Brown on penalty shot was a turning point in the game.

Difference between these two instances is who starts game 5

#73 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Most people here have a love hate relationship with the boards if you haven't noticed and some have been here for years. What's not to hate? But there are a small handful of people that actually know what they are talking about and they are worth sticking around for.

If you are really sensitive about it, you are more than welcome to set your settings to ignore my posts, because it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere... just yet.

Well said. Anyone who tell's you to shut up, it's because you are right and you are getting to their skin (ego). Stick around. You're worth it. They aren't.

#74 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,758 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

Playoffs and trading time is a while off folks. A lot can happen in that time. Besides if Luongo goes to Tampa or someplace, and he does well, I will wish him luck. I think he's a class act. I think the only problem he has is he's so competitive that he loses focus when he lets in a soft goal, and it eats him up inside, and he then he overcompensates. I like a fiery competitor, but I think Lu let's his emotions get the better of him.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.