Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sixteen W's

No Raymond Could Have Been Good For Kassian And 2Nd Line

32 posts in this topic

Rushing Kassian to the 2nd line won't help him that much. But its better than giving him 3 minutes a game on the 4th knowing that if he makes one mistake, he's benched.

Kassian needs a year in the AHL.

Raymond is still the best bet for the second line.

Sighhh.. Another Raymond thread? I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but... What can we do? We know his performance has been barely mediocre but he's here and that's not going to change.

Thanks for sharing your blog. I needed something to help me sleep tonight.

Maybe Raymond's getting 2nd line minutes because of the hope that he does something productive. MG wants to get something decent in return when he most likely trades Raymond this summer.

Kassian needs a year in the AHL.

Raymond is still the best bet for the second line.

Raymond will click on the 4th line. He brings great puck handling that is going to make Malhotra a scoring star.

Raymond has proven beyond a doubt that he's nothing close to a playoff performer. On his own, he's a decent hockey player, defensively sound most of the time with occasional offense. The problem seems to be coaching that can't seem to accept he's no longer a top six forward and keep trying him out for the first or second line.

It's hard to find where Raymond fits on the team. He's not a top six forward anymore, and he's not really the type of third line player the Canucks want in terms of size or grit.

I tend to think Raymond's presence has prevented there being better chemistry in the second line. Kassian had a decent few games playing with Booth and Kesler, and they were often dominant for stretches. However, after a few bad games, Kassian was back in the fourth line and Raymond into the second line because he was available as an option. Same with Higgins.

If there wasn't Raymond, the Canucks may have been forced to continue playing a second line with Kassian or Higgins and sticking with it.

I'm not saying this would have made a difference, but I would have rather seen the team try developing Kassian instead of investing so much in Raymond.

You know what they say:

Everybody Loves Raymond

Yah but this Raymond is way more loveable than that TV Clown. Mason Raymond rocks my world. Dude is amazing, and ya he f's up , but who does'nt? Dude had the knockers to come back from a Broken Back , would I ? Hell no! Even though I'm much bigger and stronger. The Man has my respect, for the rest of my life, I will always have respect for Mason Raymond!

:bigblush:

Sorry, but your wrong. Mason Raymond is a thousand times better at Hockey than you are. Until you have come back from a broken back and played on the 2nd line STFU!

Kassian? really? this guy completely sucks... I'd rather have Oreskovich in the lineup. At least he hits and fights. Kassian is worse than the Pylon days of Taylor Pyatt

Let's just all be glad that while Raymond has sucked (apparently) that the rest of the top 6 AND the bottom 6 have gone into BEAST mode and lit us up in these playoffs .............otherwise we would be 3-1 down with our ass hanging out the window.

Oh wait...........

lappy to the first line......higgins to the second line.....booth to the third line......and Weise to the fouth line...Kas enjoying some popcorn

Go Canucks Go

KASSIAN is not ready for Canucks calibre hockey, he looked like a lost puppy out there and didn"t we trade our best prospect in Hodgson for him who had 16 goals with 20 games left because we needed someone who would fight and lay the big hit? Every time there was a scrum he looked like he was more interested in going back to the bench then even throwing a push. Now the physicality is out of the question we sure miss Hodgsons scoring....

Maybe Raymond's getting 2nd line minutes because of the hope that he does something productive. MG wants to get something decent in return when he most likely trades Raymond this summer.

Apparently Weise is in on the 4th and Kassian in sitting. Good call Coach!