The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was Kes Ever 100% This Year?

NuckZin2011

Who's 'a 100%' in the playoffs?

So, if only he was 100%, and had a good night sleep, and ate a really good meal before each game, and had the perfect linemates, and the dog didn't eat his homework, and it didn't rain on Tuesday, and no one said anything bad about him...if we could just have that...Kesler would be a BEAST!

I don't think Kes and Manny were physically ready to play this year. They couldn't train in the summer and were both a step behind the entire season. I think they will both be much better next season.

Kesler won't be going anywhere. He's part of the future and is a legit top tier 2nd line C in the NHL.

His 5 on 5 offensive production was marginally better than Manny Malhotra & Max Lapierre's (and significantly worse than the top line, Hansen and Higgins). Production being the ability to produce points with ice time given ( 5 points in 100 minutes the same production as 10 points in 200 minutes).

Kesler played like a third liner last season. If you gave him 2 minutes per night on the 2nd unit he would have finished with around 37 points (using Burrows' numbers). He would have still averaged 18:30 per game.

When you look closely his production is almost identical to the 07-08 season. Which Kesler will we get next season?

1. I saw him passing a lot in this series and not taking the puck himself except when necessary.

2. This is stupid. The goal that won us game 3, who was screening Quick on that shot? That's right, Kesler. Like I said, even if he's not scoring he does everything else on the ice and he does it better than anyone else on the team.

3. I saw one embellishment after the Kings embellished, so I wasn't mad at that at all.

4. Kesler is our best forward in the defensive zone and was in this series too, I don't know what you're watching. He always backchecks hard and with speed.

Without Kesler the Canucks lose any dynamism the team has (which isn't a lot to begin with). You're all crazy, honestly.

Archived