The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Well there you go... that was easy wasn't it; and to think some people were all worried."oh no he has a ntc he can't be moved"..

I will say this, it certainly looks as tho Schneider is going to be the guy; Luongo has handled this amazingly. Props to the guy, never was a huge fan but he certainly is making me respect him alot more now. I don't think even a season ago he would of had this atitude so good on him and wish him the best whatever happens.

Fallacy perputrated by Luongo fanboys. In fact, he was one piece of a bigger puzzle that included several players as impactful as Luongo

Kesler

Burrows

Hank

Danny

Hamhuis

Edler

Bieksa

Luongo did not single handedly save the franchise.......good drafting and player development during the Burker/Nonis era put this team in the position to benefit from a good goalie coming in and prviding some stability in the early years of that core........sadly, he (and they) could not get it done and now that core clearly plays better in front of a younger, more skilled goalie than they do in front of Luongo.

Also, Schneider is more valuable to this team than a top 5 draft pick is.

I'm all for keeping both, but after hearing what he said in the interview. people can see his real skin...if he's "doing it for the team" and "doesnt want to be selfish", then can he not renegotiate his current contract, and take a pay cut? If he was all about the team, then he would be part of "the covenant"..the real players that want this team to win and do anything it takes (ie take a huge paycut to better the team with more skilled players).

Totally agree. When Luongo has a bad game, fanboys come out and say it's a team effort blah blah blah

When he has an awesome performance, it's Luongo all the way.

Get real people. This is the best goalie tandem ever and I hope they both stay and the hottest goalie plays. Trading Luongo will only be a salary dump in the best case scenario.

Lu is already setting the scene for an amicable separation. He always brought up the phrase that he will do what is best for the team. So when it comes time to waive his no trade clause he will do what is best for the team not what is best for Roberto Luongo.... come on give me a break. He admitted it was tough playing back up to an up and coming super star (blow some more smoke up arse). So the way I see it is He will be happy leaving for the "team" and the team will be happy for him in his endeavors and thank him for his time here and bla and bla and bla. Oh and did anyone else catch Gillis referring to him as Roberto Aquilongo and chuckled and made the correction.... No accident. Just my opinion based on nothing buy my own observation.

I wish there was some way we could keep them both but I do not see Lu agreeing to share the starter job and its not fair to Schneids to keep him as a backup. The guy deserves to have the number 1 goalie job. I think it would be better for Lu as well the fanbase here (yes me too sometimes too) is just brutal to our beloved Lu.

His list of teams would probably look something like this:

Tampa

Florida

Montreal

Detroit

Toronto

Chicago could be a wild card team for that list.

I wonder if Toronto is desperate enough to do something like:

To Vancouver:

Jake Gardiner

5th overall pick

To Toronto:

Cory Schneider

1st round pick

Then we can sign Shultz and have a solid young bottom pairing D, not unlike what New York is doing.

May I ask - how did Luongo lose the Canucks the Stanley cup? We had what, 8 goals in the entire Boston series? The TEAM choked - we were up 2-0 in the series and couldn't finish it in game 6 or game 7. Does Vancouver expect Luongo to score goals now too?!

I don't have stats on me to back this up, but Luongo played fantastic in the playoff run last year. Sure - he let in 4 goals in game 7 - but where the hell was the rest of the team in games 3, 4 and 6??

Archived