The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Our weak link isn't goaltending right now. I think most people believe that either guy can be a number 1.

IMO whichever trade can improve our defence the most needs to be done. Our D is the biggest area of concern.

I'm sure there are some people that think it's goal scoring, but the fact is, when our D spend most of their shifts trying to get the puck out of our own zone, the offence is going to suffer. There's a reason why when Ehrhoff left that our offence began to take a dip.

Gillis needs to find a replacement puck mover that can play at both ends and play on the PP. Basically the number 1 that we've been neding forever.

Wow

When did this guy become such a saint? He used to be so self centered and now suddenly he's willing to take one for the team?

Amazing.

It's a tough situation because, IMO, it would be inexcusable to let Schneider walk but we'd be losing a fantastic goalie in Luongo as well

Good on him for his maturity. Best of luck to him in whatever happens

And FTR: he is not demanding a trade, he's simply allowing the Canucks that option should they decide to keep Schneider over him

It really wouldn't matter whether we had Luongo or Schneider in goal to make the playoffs but if we want to play tight playoff hockey, I'd go with Schneider . Luo has not shown he can win the big ones for us. His stats in the playoffs never equal his seasons stats.

Well played Luongo.

I think this comes down to Luongo not being so much a "saint" as Hockeyville88 put it, but rather coming down to a game of chess. Luongo was able to say to the public he is willing to be moved, but has put the responsibility on Gillis to demand the trade. This makes Luongo look like a saint, while if Gillis does ask Luongo to waive his NTC, then Gillis looks like a complete jerk.

I think this is Luongo's way of guilt tripping Gillis into finding a way to keep both goaltenders. This makes Luongo look like a complete team player (which has seemed to be characteristic of him lately) yet makes Gillis look coldhearted.

As far as the players go, I think Schneider should be our starting goaltender next season.

Facts for the this years playoffs: Schneider earned 100% more wins than Luongo did. Schneider had a save percentage of .960 while Luongo was at .891. Schneider's GAA was at 1.31 while Luongo's is at 3.59.

Facts for the regular season: Schneider earned 20 wins in 28 starts, Luongo earned 31 wins in 54 starts. Schneider had a save percentage of .937, while Luongo had a save percentage of .919. Schneider had a GAA of 1.96, Luongo had a GAA of 2.41.

Schneider was simply the better goaltender this year.

To me this is heartbreaking, It's personal..you develop a relationship with these guys, they become a part of your life, A Big part, They give memories for a life-time, good and bad...I have a feeling of what's going to happen with Luongo but all I have to say is that I'd rather win the cup with him then with out him. It won't feel right, He deserves it. Class act.

0-10 in the AHL playoffs, 1-5 in the NHL playoffs, 7-5-1 vs playoff calibre teams this year. How do we know he doesn't turn out a bust? Id rather not take that chance and stick with Luongo who has faced more adversity than any other player on the planet, and has bounced back from bad games and has been stunning. This team and the fans would regret this move

0-10 in the AHL playoffs, 1-5 in the NHL playoffs, 7-5-1 vs playoff calibre teams this year. How do we know he doesn't turn out a bust? Id rather not take that chance and stick with Luongo who has faced more adversity than any other player on the planet, and has bounced back from bad games and has been stunning. This team and the fans would regret this move

The writing was on the wall. This has been coming for a long time now. Gotta give Luongo respect for the way he's handling the situation. I never bought into his reputation for being self-centered and a loudmouth. He always seemed like a down-to-earth, classy, well-spoken guy to me. As a person, I like Luongo...but this comes down to what is best for the team.

Archived