The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

naaah, the organization is in a unique situation with two starting goalies, it's pretty clear one of them has to go. Players understand the situation that the Canucks are in, plus Luongo has announced that he's willing to waive the clause.

You should probably point at a goalie named, "Tim Thomas". He gives a false image of being an all-embracing goaltender, whereas, he stubbornly adheres to his own dogged doctrine, placing himself over his team's celebrations and pride, hence his refusal to visit the White House with his Bruins' teammates.

Players don't respect being asked to be traded after the organization has made a comittment like

that to them.

Players respect loyalty, and they're willing to give it as long as organizations are willing to give it back to them.

You're in denial if you think this isn't going to put a big black mark on this organization.

For Luongo to say what he did to the media tells me one thing. I'm guessing behind closed doors, he is urging Mike Gillis to trade him.

Luongo has taken his fill of the media and fans. He's burst out on the ice on a couple of occassions at the end of games. When he signed his massive contract, it was shortly after being given the captaincy, and coming off remarkable seasons. He wants out, and I'm guessing MG will respect that, given the large number of fans who are calling for it.

I honestly don't see what the big worry is, no one has asked him to waive the clause. He's simply given gillis the option of trading him.

And if I'm not correct, Luongo hasn't been traded just yet, might not at all, no sense in panicking about what others will think of the organization.

The Canucks haven't exactly been the most "likeable" team in recent years, yet players have still signed with the team, even at discount prices.

naaah, the organization is in a unique situation with two starting goalies, it's pretty clear one of them has to go. Players understand the situation that the Canucks are in, plus Luongo has announced that he's willing to waive the clause.

I know he hasn't been traded, I'm just giving reasons why it would be a mistake.

It shows that mangement either has no real plan or direction or is completely incompetant. It would look like they're the ones that are panicking by trading a player with 10 years left on his contract. And I don't think it would be too good for the guys on the team who probably feel like they've been building towards something together for the last 4 or 5 seasons.

He said that he'd be willing to waive his no trade clause becuase a reporter asked him if he'd be willing to.

There's a big difference between that and asking for a trade.

What is he supposed to say? No I wouldn't waive it? I would force the team to keep me? Most players would say that they're willing to waive a no trade clause if they were asked. Nobody wants to be in an organization that doesn't want them.

I know he hasn't been traded, I'm just giving reasons why it would be a mistake.

It shows that mangement either has no real plan or direction or is completely incompetant. It would look like they're the ones that are panicking by trading a player with 10 years left on his contract. And I don't think it would be too good for the guys on the team who probably feel like they've been building towards something together for the last 4 or 5 seasons.

While I agree with most of the points your making there has recently been trades for some of those high/long term salaries; Gomez, Drury, Richards, Carter to name a few. So it isn't impossible and even though Philly looked like clowns at the time they don't look so bad now.

Archived