Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Love The Team, Hate The Fans.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

I guess I will not be high fiving the OP at any future games. Your loss home slice. I am a damn good HIGH 5'er!!!

"Just cause I am from Cali does not mean I am not a Canuck. We are all Canucks!"

Special thanks to Marleau 12 for the siggy...

"Gino's got the Zaaaaaaaaaaaa's"

#32 Van#3

Van#3

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

To Burr14: Well put!

#33 campers11

campers11

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Love the comments about people who are saying why do you hate me?! $%^& you!!!

Obviously just read the title then hit the post button.

I agree with the OP sometimes I'll be sitting ina pub and i'll hear somethings that other canucks fans are saying and im like "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Seriously i understand why our fan base is the most hated.
Posted Image Cred to "Keslers happy dance"!
RIP Luc Bourdon
Thank you linden.
No, thank you Chuck Norris.

#34 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,504 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

Ya...Well I love the Fans and hate the Team!

Wait...What?
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#35 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Let me get this straight. I don't hate all the fans, I hate the bandwagon jumpers, and the people who complain about this team to change everything when we still have any amazing team. Which seems to be a lot of people.

A lot of you are saying I'm am one of them. Sorry for coming on here for the first time and years and voicing my opinion. Which others i've talked to around BC have agreed with and respect me for it.

I used to enjoy coming to CDC on a daily basis when i was a teenager and i still don't mind some of you. I made some really good friends from here. I actually see some of them in life instead of behind the screen and talk hockey on a weekly basis.

We all have here something in conman which is are love for this team. No one has to agree with one another I'm just saying how i feel. So if you don't like it then move on to the next thread.

#36 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

I also feel its ironic you think were hated just because were cry babies and always complaining, if you venture onto other forums with other teams of various fanbases they will also tell you they find us extremely arrogant for a team that never won the cup, and thats what your post says to me. We won 2 president trophies, we made it to game 7 of the stanely cup...

We have done everything except win the cup and thats what counts. This team is not above criticism, we are not so good that criticism and change is something absurd and unreasonable and should not even be discussed.

I like your passion, but I dont believe in blind faith, you can support the canucks and think they are awesome and everyone is overreacting and being cry babies, but some of us base greatness on results.

When i talk to people who are fans of other teams and ask them why are the Canucks hated. I always hear Fan base, Lappy, Burrows, Kesler, and best they are the best and everyone hate the best.

I don't look at what other people say on forums because it can simplity be a 13 year old hiding behind a computer screen and they have no idea what they are talking about.

Yeah i understand a lot of people base this team on result. But i love this team either way.

#37 realnucksfan2010

realnucksfan2010

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

I am a big time Nucks fan, I love how passionate our fan base is, I just don't love how they show their passion, its not very humble or representative of our team. I just wish that people would be a little more level headed and calm on these boards, after all it is not my fault that the canucks lost this year so why hate on me? or any one else for that matter?
My feeling is that we could all be a little more understanding of what each other is trying to convey in their posts, and not flame them just because you don't approve of what they say or feel about specific topics of discusion. This is where a lot of other fans around the league are most likely trying to say, they don't hate you personally, they hate the way you coney your messages and responses to other peoples posts.
So I can see why other fans would look upon us the way they do, mabey we should try to clean up our act a little and be as classy as our team is!!!!!

#38 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

First off i want to say I am a DIE HARD Canucks fan. I live and breath Canucks everyday of my life, and like a lot of fans I get ragged on a daily basis about being such a HUGE Canucks fan

Thats wonderful that you love the team... I do too, but there are a number of things Im not happy about, and a number of changes I feel are necessary for the good of the team.

You claim you dont like the idea of making major changes; yet you defend the individual, which makes it sound like you are against making any changes at all.

#39 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

When i talk to people who are fans of other teams and ask them why are the Canucks hated. I always hear Fan base, Lappy, Burrows, Kesler, and best they are the best and everyone hate the best.

I dont understand what youre talking about.

I dont have a problem with Leaf fans (for example) who will not hesitate to rip the players on their own team.

In fact, I find them much more agreeable since they tend to be open minded and honest.

Im pretty sure its the defensive fans who are quick to anger and immediately resort to insults that earn a bad reputation for the rest.

#40 TheFastOne21

TheFastOne21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Way Way better than the OP! EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION THIS IS A REAL CANUCKS FAN! +1,000,000 if I could

I dont know about better, I cant say i am any more passionate than OP is. I think the OP has plenty of good points and i understand what he was saying. I am just trying to put what he is saying into my perspective with my spin on things.

Thanks for the props. Its nice to be loved.

#41 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Sorry to rain on your parade but you can't make that claim unless you actually win the Stanley Cup. The President's Trophy means nothing - no one gives a crap about it - or should.

Then why does the league bother with it? I would think getting home ice advantage through the playoffs would be beneficial, especially in the SC finals.......here's a blip from one coach, who gives a crap, LOL......

Not long after dismissing the power of the Presidents’ Trophy, Tortorella admitted to Katie Strang and others that “I want to win that trophy.”

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

#42 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

The fans of Vancouver are a passionate bunch. We want a cup and when we dont get it we are not happy campers. Sure we go out after a 5 game ousting and say "firesale!" to get rid of everyone. Doesnt mean we all mean it, we are just depressed at the ending to another fantastic season.

Take a look at Toronto and Montreal. Passionate fans that just want some consistent success but are much more rabid and hate filled than Vancouver fans are.

Your perception of fans in Vancouver seems to be tainted by the media. I live in Oregon. It is very clear that everyone from the NBC hates Vancouver. Kieth Jones, as dumb as he is, could not wipe the smirk off his face after game 5. People are talking about how VAN was the team embellishing and flopping that entire game. Maybe i didnt notice but i didnt see much of it. However, I did see Brown, Richards, Penner and Quick throwing their heads around and falling if there was a chip in the ice. Still everyone in the media thinks it was the Canucks flailing all over.

I am very sad we lost in the first round. I was pissed off we got shut out in game 7 of the SCF. I still wear the green and blue with pride everywhere i go. This Canucks organization is great, the fans are great. Media is dumb. I was reading a Bleacher Report (ya i know, they make me laugh) article written when the Kings eliminated Van and they made it sound as if the Kings just freed the world from the clutches of a tyrant.

You cant hate fans that bleed blue for a cup. You can give them reason to believe so that they see the team we have is awesome, that there is no need to sell everyone and rebuild. Just continue to tinker with the roster in small amounts. We are so close as a team. The window may be closing in the next few years. So for these next few years why dont we all continue to give 150% for the team we all love and realize, we are all fans or as the team says. We are all Canucks.

Yeah i agree that people want to win the Cup don't all Canucks want that. I just thought it was going to be a lot harder this year because the West is better and the fact that the boys look so tired. Yeah i don't hate all Canucks fans at all i choose the title to get people attention. I live in Victoria and a lot people who don't like the Canucks says they don't because of there fan base and how they complain so much when we have such a good team already. I've hear mostly the same things when i go back east to see friends.

Yeah i agree with that; but with them doing so badly i feel like all the hate is directed at the Canucks the past 2 years.

I hate to amit it but yeah Kesler embellishing and flopping around did happen a few times. people made youtube videos of it. I agree no team is perfect. i just perfer them to stop and play hockey. A lot of media seems not to like the Canucks but what can you do i just don't read or listen to them.

You have no idea how pissed i am to get shut out in Game 7. I spend all the remaining money i had in my bank account to go to the game.. i'm only 21 i don't have that much money but i wasn't going to miss it for the world.

I pretty much agree with everything you say as well. But there is some fans that really piss me off.

#43 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Over 10 years and 400+ consecutive sellouts and we have idiots complaining about the fan base.

please. no more. just shut the F*** up already.

half the idiots complaining are trolls from other teams and/or 15 year olds with zit beards.

give it a rest already.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#44 wesley

wesley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Don't hate yourself. :lol:

#45 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

So, you hate yourself.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#46 Bur14

Bur14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

Over 10 years and 400+ consecutive sellouts and we have idiots complaining about the fan base.

please. no more. just shut the F*** up already.

half the idiots complaining are trolls from other teams and/or 15 year olds with zit beards.

give it a rest already.

it shouldn't be hard to sell out when 17 000 tickets are season ticket holders and half of the people are just from the big corporations anyways they get given the tickets.

I'm not talking about this board i rarly come on here anymore. When i said most of the fans of babys. it's what I witness on facebook, twitter, at the bar, and random conversation with other fans.

None of the post has anything reflection about this board. it's my observation in general.

#47 ChronCanuck

ChronCanuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

what i realize is 90% of the canuck fans arent true fans. they are just bandwagon jumpers.

just like 90% of the worlds population, or 95% actually. people are easily controlled, therefore they are the sheep masses. most people are too scared of themselves so they rather follow others not themselves.

ill just say this. i SPIT at every single people who know TRULY nothing about hockey and act like they are armchair GM, coach or the players themselves. so fuarking stupid.

brb trade luongo, trade kesler

oh schnieder coming! our savior. 2 years later no cup! trade schnieder

FUARK YOU ALL! SERIOUSLY

#48 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Thats wonderful that you love the team... I do too, but there are a number of things Im not happy about, and a number of changes I feel are necessary for the good of the team.

You claim you dont like the idea of making major changes; yet you defend the individual, which makes it sound like you are against making any changes at all.

Not many changes are needed. Like it or not, it's true that the long spring run and short summer (along with the injuries sustained) is a big part of why this team ran out of gas in January, and had been running on fumes and raw talent alone. A long summer is going to make a big difference for this team. All we need is another top 6 scorer, bringing in youth to fill some depth slots, and we should be back to where we were in the '10-'11 season. However, if the rumors about Lu are true then that changes things significantly. Going from Lu/Schneids in net to Schneids/Lack is a hell of a drop off in goaltending, regardless of one's opinions of each player.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.