The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hodgson - Only 5 Or 6 Defensive Zone Faceoffs? Really? ... Not

jyip

The claims are kesler was injured in February. Thats before the trade deadline, he wasn't scoring, neither was booth, neither was raymond, neither was higgins consistently, the sedins production was down, your second line center is not scoring and injured.. solution trade your third in scoring offensive center :picard: .. there is no one other than the gm that made that stupid trade to blame.

They never used him because they needed an excuse to keep Malholtra and the excuse was he was the faceoff king in the defencive zone thats the real reason he never had many period.

No duh, he dealt with Hodgson more because they were working on getting him healthy from his back injury.What a load of BS. Every since they traded Cody the team chemistry went downhill and the team went downhill evethough they squeaked out wins.

So instead of being hounded for trading him lets make up stuff. Everyone would of liked more icetime but who wouldn't atleast ask.This will have proved to be a big mistake remember this kid led WJC team to gold playing in all the cruicial moments. The only thing fans can hope for is Kassian doesn't turn out to be a dud and he reaches his potentials as well.

Really the way this whole drama has evolved is asinine. Canucks draft prime player. Assign said player to be trained by Dave Gagne.

Player is injured in dry land training??? Player shows up to camp injured and struggles to perform. Coach AV humiliates player suggesting he is using injury as an excuse for a poor showing. Player really was injured. Player's camp comes to his defense. Turns out player really was injured and injured following Canucks direction. Player on his own seeks better rehab, doctors and training and

actually recovers. Player plays himself back into a prime prospect. Player gets rewarded with minimal ice time while injured under performing veterans are awarded most of the ice time despite poor production.

AV definitely had a big negative influence on the likelyhood of Cody Hodgson ever being a success here. Gillis I think had what should

have been a golden opportunity disintegrate infront of him due to the injury and how it unfolded. Gagne's training regimen perhaps caused the injury and AV turning the knife in the media scorning Cody was the second knife in the back.

Cody is gone. I really can't blame him and his camp for wanting out. I don't really blame Gillis either. He depends on the people who he has working for him to be competent. Someone or somebodies failed here.

Changes need to be made. Wish Cody well. I actually feel really good about Kassian. We will love him for a long time. Half Gino and

half Pavel and a whole Todd.

Seriously getting tired of Canucks fans complaining about every little thing. If we don't trade Hodgson, you guys complain and say he is too slow, he sucks defensively or he doesn't put up top 6 points. If we trade him, you guys complain how we traded the future of the Canucks and how he will be the next Mario Lemieux. Whats done is done and it might have been for the better. If the guy doesn't want to be here, then we have no choice. So shut up and move on with this Hodgson talk already.

Gillis,upon drafting Hodgson,lauded his character to the moon.

The Canucks.org would have performed DD to the umpteenth degree on Cody ,being Gillis's #1 pick.

We know his back went undiagnosed/misdiagnosed and the coach -AV-called him out in training camp.

It went downhill from there.

So,the Canucks determined his character met their lofty requirements.

They praised him to the moon.

They crapped on him.

His 'party' intervened and rode the Canucks butt.

All to be expected,especially the part where the rookie is made the villain.

Iain MacIntyre and Dan Russel-Sunsational Wed CKNW

Regarding Gillis' comments on Cody Hodgson:

Did not look good.

Reporter in me loved it.

Little bit surprised.

Part of that is the Gillis frustration of perception of the trade being why the Canucks lost to LA.

Gillis said it like it was.

Admission that they got it wrong at the draft.

Not a smart move to trade him.

You speak as if ALL canucks fans are ONE person. Let me assure you ... it isn't. Besides, this post is simply a response to Gillis' silly attempt to justify a bad trade. Not much class displayed yesterday at the press conference ... at least when it came to his comments on the trade.

The whole Hodgson fiasco shows clearly that Gillis was incompetent to be a GM when he came here, and that he still is. I can't believe this would have happened with any other gm at the helm. (And it just goes to show, once again, what a great liar MG is.) He caused all the problems but he wants to give H. all the blame.

The whole Hodgson fiasco shows clearly that Gillis was incompetent to be a GM when he came here, and that he still is. I can't believe this would have happened with any other gm at the helm. (And it just goes to show, once again, what a great liar MG is.) He caused all the problems but he wants to give H. all the blame.

Shirokov went back to Russia then was traded. He didn't develop as he was expected to and really he is never going to be in the NHL. Going back a few years, and saying you have to have either Raymond who can play on any line or Grabner who can really only be a top 6 forward, it's pretty difficult to trade Raymond who appeared to be the better player then he just fell off the grid and Grabner had one very solid year but this year he was pretty bad. Let's not forget that he came into camp so out of shape Florida waived him. I hate AV but you can't blame Av for any of that.

I will say though that Raymond is done. He is so ???? scared of getting hit now that he is a huge liability. That hit last year crushed any chance of Raymond turning into a top 6 forward.

To me ,it was the missed opportunity to help Kesler ease his load and help fill a void.

Cody could have been the second line center with a recovering Kes on the wing with a shoulder injury relevation on top of the hip.

Kes could have mentored Cody and taken faceoffs in the defensive zone.

LOL do you even understand what stat that site was tracking which the article refers to? Hellooo?? Anybody home???

The stat tracks who is on the ice for all faceoffs in each zone, not who's TAKING the face-off. If Hamhuis and Bieksa are ON THE ICE for the faceoff, they get a +1, along with the RW, the C, the LW, and even the Goalie too. Has zilch to do with which player is in the faceoff dot.

Understand now?

Archived