The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thomas Tells Fan To Smile After Loss.

he didn't compare obama to hitler. he quoted someone who was talking about the progressive ascension of the Nazi regime to illustrate how he believes it's possible for rights to be taken away little by little without people realizing it until it's too late. obviously i don't think that of the US government, but he really never compared obama to hitler. it's a big stretch to interpret that as comparing obama to hitler

I agree, I've always thought Thomas was a moron.... one act of kindness doesn't make him a great guy (in fairness neither would one act of stupidness) I just feel he's done more the one stupid thing and I think he's a bit of an idiot.

Sometimes the best time to judge someones character is when the chips are down, which they certainly were for Boston at that point.

He doesn't seem like quite the self-posessed egomaniac he has been painted as this year.

I am surprised it started much of a debate on his character. Everyone does good and bad things doesn't matter who they are. Sean Avery has been a saint with promoting gay rights but on the flip side he has made derogatory slurs and classless phrases towards a other black hockey players, french canadiens, women, a man for having cancer, a police officer, a teammate with a lisp...

If you can't name something good and bad about someone you don't know much about them. I mean a few years ago Tiger Woods was the face of classy athletes.

Thomas isn't classy but he isn't the bane of all things evil. He is just human.

It's a shame that the Bruins knocked the Canucks out last year, because I have a feeling that most posters that "hate" Thomas and the Bruins would otherwise enjoy them.

Archived