The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Debunking The Roberto Luongo Myths

JustNazzy

I was kind of shocked that people were not irrationally blaming him for the 1st round exist. People were finally seeing that it was the players & their mistakes in front of him that were making him look weak. He carried this team all season & still looked like he had the physical/mental strength to continue a long run himself. No doubt about it.

I was kind of shocked that people were not irrationally blaming him for the 1st round exist. People were finally seeing that it was the players & their mistakes in front of him that were making him look weak. He carried this team all season & still looked like he had the physical/mental strength to continue a long run himself. No doubt about it.

Guest Dasein

One of the greatest to play the game when all is said and done. All he needs is a Cup to be a shoo-in for the HHOF.

I truly believe Lu is an elite goaltender with an unfair amount of criticism but I think the relationship between the Canucks and Luongo is damaged beyond repair. I admit that I think Corey Schneider is the future of this franchise but I will really miss Lu if he decides to leave. As a Toronto-area Canuck fan I wouldn't mind seeing him wear a Leafs jersey but somehow I doubt it will be the same. I wish him all the best and really hope he and the Canuck organization can part on good terms.

How about the fact that he didn't give the team a chance to win in Boston? Especially in game 6 when the team came out strong...he allows 3 weak goals in a span of just over 3 minutes. How about when he nearly blew the 3-0 series lead against Chicago? I've lost count of the number of times he's been lit up in the playoffs. If he allows 1-2 bad goals the floodgates open.

He's either very good or very bad. You don't know which one you'll get each night. He's great as a regular season goalie, but unreliable for the playoffs

what a stupid argument that goes back and forth.

Luongo sucks

Look at his numbers

7 goals in game 6 against Chicago

Look at his numbers

5 goals in game 6 against Chiacgo

won a gold medal

let in 15+ goals in 3 games in Boston

PRESDIESNTS TROPHY@!!@##@#

7 goals in 2 games against L.A.

Yea but he won 2 president's trophies and a gold medal

Iam done, go cheer for TB, Luongo sucks and you're a terrible sports fan to cheer for a player irregardless of their performance.

what a stupid argument that goes back and forth.

Luongo sucks

Look at his numbers

7 goals in game 6 against Chicago

Look at his numbers

5 goals in game 6 against Chiacgo

won a gold medal

let in 15+ goals in 3 games in Boston

PRESDIESNTS TROPHY@!!@##@#

7 goals in 2 games against L.A.

Yea but he won 2 president's trophies and a gold medal

Iam done, go cheer for TB, Luongo sucks and you're a terrible sports fan to cheer for a player irregardless of their performance.

Loooooooooooooooool look at yourself as a Canuck fan..........millions of people like you talking about luongo....criticzing him....if other goalies were no.1 goalies like luongo they would choke the same way, possibly worse than luongo....in fact would they even be a captain as he had been?

I really hope that the team take some time to actually read the posts here and see the support. Lets see the fans dishing out the negative take any of the teams position for one game, or even one shift?? Keep both Lou and Cory for another year?? Why not, Cory still needs to be put to the test, why he's only played a few here and there. Lets seem him play 10, 15 games straight and see how that wears on him. I honestly think Cory is great, and that he deserves an oppurtunity and for sure he will get that soon.

To all those who are skeptical and negative about the Canucks team, take a look at where you are and who you are, CANADA is much BIGGER that vancouver. The fan base is much bigger than that of only Vancouver.

Archived