The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This Is Canucks Fan Base In A "nut"shell

krazysl

Why is he the most loved? I have been a fan of the canucks when we drafted him, like i said he had 7 years or so of being a threat, he netted some big goals, got to game 7 of scf, but like all the other canucks on our team didnt win, he had 11 years after of being a 37 point guy, but he is loved. I like Linden but defintily dont Love him. Jersey retire is over the top for an average player at best.

Because he left every single bit of what he had on the ice. Played battered, beaten, bruised and with broken ribs (but no one knew that at the time). Was an iron man and led by example, having played the most games in a Canucks uniform (over 1,000). Embraced this city as his own, choosing to remain here after his career ended. NEVER said no to fans or engagements...always made himself available. Mostly, conducted himself with class and courtesy toward others that made him a role model.

It's not always about "points", it's about the influence you have on those around you. Although, Linden remains one of our top points scorers as well.

Linden was far above average in on ice play - point production is one dimension (and yes, likely the most important one) but there is more to being a great player than being the guy to pull the trigger. Plus, he had periods (1994-95) where he averaged over a point per game (1.5), so maybe you weren't watching?

linden is a frack tard, screw him harder than he tried screwing the team and the city! his jersey should be raised to the rafters only to burn...whatd he do for the franchise? NOTHING i dont see a cup, all i see is his piss poor attitude at the end of his career. he was a good hockey player but that doesnt erase everything else

Oh. My. Goodness.

Not even worth a facepalm.

And what is this 'hart' that keeps popping up? Did Trev win the Hart Trophy? Or did he shoot a big deer?

Canucks fans are nuts, yes. That's just part of being a fan (origin:fanatic, by the way...).

Nuts positive, nuts negative, sometimes both at the same time. Wheee!

Get used to it, or start watching, um, say, lawn bowling. Or bridge.

linden is a frack tard, screw him harder than he tried screwing the team and the city! his jersey should be raised to the rafters only to burn...whatd he do for the franchise? NOTHING i dont see a cup, all i see is his piss poor attitude at the end of his career. he was a good hockey player but that doesnt erase everything else

Linden hart brought us to game 7 scf and we lost, thats it. Kesler brought us to game 7 scf and we lost, thats it. Kesler has one bad year because he had surgery in the off season while still netting 40+ points and he is the subject of fan abuse. Linden at 11 season in a row of 30+ points and he is a hero. I liked Linden and his hart my point is how shallow fans our and dont think about the big picture.

I'd really like a description of his (Linden's) "piss poor attitude" at the end of his career.

Not often that another team's captain pulls the entire team out of the dressing room back onto the ice to salute a player. Speaks volumes about how he was respected. So don't make up fairy tales.

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

So many things wrong with your posts onthe 1st page. You bring up some valid points though.

/decent thread.

as a die hard fan i think we're all bat crap crazy...especially thinking the way we do...the team finally gets a great goaltender and he loses it once and awhile and we jump down his throat. next we get a good back up to give a him a break once and awhile ...yeah he wins and he's really good but is he really 60-70 games good. are you really going to let luongo get traded bc his backup does good with a lil bit of room off his leash. next thing you know schneider has a bad streak and fans start jumping down his throat...but here's the thing ...he'll just leave...think about it...why not keep the both and dump a useless d man...like ballard and use the extra money from salo most likely retiring and get a good player that can genuinely spark everyone. enough said

Because he left every single bit of what he had on the ice.  Played battered, beaten, bruised and with broken ribs (but no one knew that at the time).  Was an iron man and led by example, having played the most games in a Canucks uniform (over 1,000).  Embraced this city as his own, choosing to remain here after his career ended.  NEVER said no to fans or engagements...always made himself available.   Mostly, conducted himself with class and courtesy toward others that made him a role model.

It's not always about "points", it's about the influence you have on those around you.  Although, Linden remains one of our top points scorers as well.

Linden was far above average in on ice play - point production is one dimension (and yes, likely the most important one) but there is more to being a great player than being the guy to pull the trigger.   Plus, he had periods (1994-95) where he averaged over a point per game (1.5), so maybe you weren't watching?

I'd really like a description of his (Linden's) "piss poor attitude" at the end of his career.

Not often that another team's captain pulls the entire team out of the dressing room back onto the ice to salute a player. Speaks volumes about how he was respected. So don't make up fairy tales.

i have a real problem with people just saying "the fans" did this and "the fans" did that...

im a "fan" and i dont think kesler should be traded... thats moronic, selke winning, 40 goal scorers that you developed through your own system dont come around that often...

im really starting to think its just the media telling us what we as a fanbase are thinking! even last night's game, they brought up luongo and one of the comments was "the fans made it obvious they dont want him here"... the negative is always spun about this team, and if anyone should be run out of town it should be the brutal sports media in vancouver - and after that, the suits that are wasting good seats that a hockey fan could be in

Archived